2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't believe some of you lot continue to post on this during our match.

I can, lol

Like I said before “picked last in PE”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I neither have twitter nor have posted copies of anybodies tweets, you have the wrong guy.

Indeed I do, my mistake and apologies.

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

On both Saturday and Sunday BBC have a live F.A. Cup game which Linneker and Co would do.

Unless there is a come down from either/both parties then the games will be broadcast in silence.

The 'tragic of the Cup'? I couldn't care less either way.

1 hour ago, chicken said:

Wrong. People have the right to appeal.

The expense to the taxpayer was through not researching this properly in the first place. If you go back further, it is not planning for this eventuality after we left the EU. Especially as it has been on the agenda for near on a decade if not longer.

I think we at a very worrying point when people are advocating human rights laws should be thrown out of the window because of "fears" that have been instilled politically. 

Wrong. They've exhausted the appeals. That's why it's referred to as a final verdict. The delay gives time to try and think to new arguments against international law, not review all the arguments and decisions already made.

It's stalling for time, nothing more, which the ECHR supports again and again at more and more expense for the tax payer.

International law is treaties. Every country may leave treaties. There are consequences to that if we do that, but the vexatious use of this law to prevent expulsions just fuels the argument in favour of walking away as we're entitled to.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Is this one of the small boat people he's talking about? 

Screenshot_20230312_184143_Facebook.jpg

Yeah it's Sunday and I think you've arsed a bottle of vino the same as me2😉. And don't tell me max was slightly fouled . 😜👍🙃

• Haha 1

Hark back to the BBC's coverage of the World Cup and the first day in particular where the pundits spent the entire first 20 mins giving their views on why Qatar shouldn't be hosting it. There wasn't much impartiality then!

The BBC is a hypocritical relic.

20 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I don't know your source for that information, but I know that you can't be referring to forced and voluntary returns exclusively from failed asylum applications because those numbers are vastly inferior to the numbers you quote there.

I got the information from the Government website 😂

I'm confused by the words "vastly inferior". Did you mean to say 'lower'? Obviously the use of the word "inferior" suggests a personal agenda. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/immigration-statistics-year-ending-march-2022

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm confused by the words "vastly inferior". Did you mean to say 'lower'? Obviously the use of the word "inferior" suggests a personal agenda. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/immigration-statistics-year-ending-march-2022

BirdYos personal agenda is to point out how clever he is....to himself mainly. 

28 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

We've already established many times your're easy to confuse. At an extremely pedantic level, you're correct that there are better words to use than inferior here; lower would have been better. On the other hand it's quite clear that the meaning intended was 'less than' or 'lower' to anyone not trying to be clever in the absence of anything worthwhile to say.

If we're going down the road of small-minded nitpicking, as you seem to wish to do, 'government' should not have a capital G; it's not a pronoun.

As to 'a personal agenda', most people refer to someone's 'personal agenda' as their 'personal opinion', which I was under the impression you were in favour of people being able to express at a personal level, regardless of their position in public life.

8 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

If we're going down the road of small-minded nitpicking, as you seem to wish to do, 'government' should not have a capital G; it's not a pronoun.

People's names are proper nouns and therefore should be capitalised. 

How many people really care about this? Twenty years ago it would've been a conversation in a pub. I'd honestly suggest spending time worrying about more important things than a TV channel and a multi millionaire presenter. Modern life is terrible. Turn your phone off and go for a walk is the best piece of advice anyone can give in this modern age of absolute crap.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

We've already established many times your're easy to confuse

Your're. Irony claxon sounds.

34 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

As to 'a personal agenda', most people refer to someone's 'personal agenda' as their 'personal opinion'

No. No they don't.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

How many people really care about this? Twenty years ago it would've been a conversation in a pub. I'd honestly suggest spending time worrying about more important things than a TV channel and a multi millionaire presenter. Modern life is terrible. Turn your phone off and go for a walk is the best piece of advice anyone can give in this modern age of absolute crap.

Just wait till going for a walk means putting on a pair of Facebooks 3d googles.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Yes! Absolutely this!

Ive been confirmed right (again) about social media. It really is digital care in the community. A dystopian nightmare of the terminally online banging away at their keyboards about politics. It’s the most effective way to make yourself mentally ill and it shouldn’t be banned but heavily taxed and kept away from children in the same way alcohol and cigarettes are.

I’ll say it again, these people were picked last in PE. Politics is their team sport.

• Haha 1

Goalhanger podcasts, Alastair Campbell with business links to our Gary ......Our Mr Lineker's links to the beeb go well beyond just fronting MotD.....Oh and it now looks like Gary's back at the MotD helm.....Brill.....

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’ll say it again, these people were picked last in PE. Politics is their team sport

Careful !!! ....Sportism has started to be seen emerging and those who arent very good  at hand/ foot/ eye coordination are feeling marginalised. This will not  end well for those of an athletic nature.  Compulsory surgery will be instated in order to " level the playing field" at school sports so big strong Billy doesnt win all the medals....and little Jimmy nerdy Specs can stand on the winners rostrum knowing that we are truly all equal.....

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

The cynic in me, thinks it's all been manufactured....

To what end? Im not saying you are wrong, but why ? 

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I believe Mr Lineker has deliberately achieved exactly what he's set out to do....He's got the reaction, the publicity and support from 'fellow' punters, players, ex players etc....and including many of those of his political persuasion....Gary will probably retains his position without as much as a thwack on his rump with a plimsoll - or as it now also seems, ever being relieved of his current employment....But those at the upper echelons of the Beeb now are.....well, let's see how it pans out over the next few days.....

15 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

To distract attention away from the half a billion pounds the government has spent fixing a self made problem. It worked. 

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

To distract attention away from the half a billion pounds the government has spent fixing a self made problem. It worked. 

And also maybe including Gary's currently pending HMRC situation....

58 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

The cynic in me, thinks it's all been manufactured....

Of course it has, by the Tory government. There's a really depressing Budget statement coming up this week and they need everyone to focus elsewhere. Hunt got such an easy ride from Kuennsberg yesterday - job done!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

And also maybe including Gary's currently pending HMRC situation....

Not everyone in this country is venal and self serving. Not yet anyway. 

16 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Hunt got such an easy ride from Kuennsberg yesterday - job done!

What?! A senior Tory MP gets an easy ride from Laura Kuenssberg? Well I never.

• Haha 1

Just now, canarydan23 said:

What?! A senior Tory MP gets an easy ride from Laura Kuenssberg? Well I never.

It's a good job she remains impartial.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Your're. Irony claxon sounds.

No. No they don't.

Explain the irony of a typo in a pissing contest about grammar and vocabulary.

On 11/03/2023 at 17:03, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its not the slightest bit idiotic, its common sense that in the event of an evacuation (like the one we've seen in Ukraine), all safe countries have to participate in providing a safehaven, and its natural that each will have to agree a quota based on what they can realistically accommodate. 

Taiwan has no asylum law by the way, it does not accept refugees. That's the problem isn't it, look how we've opened the doors to those from Hong Kong, Ukraine, and Afghanistan in recent times. Yet there are countries which don't do their part.

You are quick to shout "Racist!" at Britain, yet live in a country which doesn't take asylum applications. Do you shout about that? Or would you be scared to do so? If a high profile celebrity published a tweet saying "Its disgusting that there are countries like Taiwan who don't take any refugees!", would you support that? We are held to a higher standard for some reason.

Even post-Brexit, there are plenty of new Brits turning up here in France, most of them citing how overcrowded the UK seems as a reason for leaving.

But apparently there's a large chunk of the population who love the idea of letting anybody in. Presumably they let everybody into their house who knocks on the door and gives them a key to the front door while they're at it, so determined are they to only see the best in humanity.

• Haha 1