Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

How many others are reluctantly renewing...

I think the fanbase at Carrow Road needs freshening up. Those who keep bleating online about not renewing, I really hope they follow through with it and give some enthusiastic new season ticket holders an opportunity to enjoy live football 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think the fanbase at Carrow Road needs freshening up. Those who keep bleating online about not renewing, I really hope they follow through with it and give some enthusiastic new season ticket holders an opportunity to enjoy live football 🙂

There are certainly some fans who are good enough to nail down a place in a mid-table Championship crowd, but if we are serious about becoming an established PL club we definitely need to upgrade them in the summer. Especially in the crucial lower Barclay position (though I do understand this is the hardest position to fill). Just wish we could show some ambition

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

There are certainly some fans who are good enough to nail down a place in a mid-table Championship crowd, but if we are serious about becoming an established PL club we definitely need to upgrade them in the summer. Especially in the crucial lower Barclay position (though I do understand this is the hardest position to fill). Just wish we could show some ambition

I like to see myself as the Pukki of the lower barclay, carrying a lot of deadweight and making us look better than we actually are.

In reality I think i'm referred to as the Elmander, which may be to do with my flapping arms

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

the Pukki of the lower barclay

So are you holding off your ST renewal, waiting to see whether any Premier League clubs take a punt on you?

• Haha 3

So yes I'm renewing. But Mrs Nutty wouldn't be best pleased if I spent all that money renewing something I may not use. 

I find the ongoing saga on the Pink Un of Lee Payne and his struggles about boycotting and renewing tedious.

I wondered how many are like him. Having a season ticket yet seemingly unsure if they want to use it. Perhaps I'm just an old fossil who thought season ticket holders were the 'hardcore through thick and thin fans'. 

• Like 6

I never like buying anything and not getting value out of it. Maybe though some fans want the convenience of being able to go when they want and sit where they want but are not available for midweek matches or have family commitments at times etc. 

Maybe the Club could offer them a 12 or 15 game block ticket instead and free up more seats for waiting list or casual supporters?

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I never like buying anything and not getting value out of it. Maybe though some fans want the convenience of being able to go when they want and sit where they want but are not available for midweek matches or have family commitments at times etc. 

Maybe the Club could offer them a 12 or 15 game block ticket instead and free up more seats for waiting list or casual supporters?

With a waiting list for full season tickets i doubt the club sees a market for that.

Have you wondered why the 1/2 season season tickets are no longer on sale?

It’s a win win for me either we have a good season and I enjoy it or we have a miserable season and I moan and I enjoy that

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

With a waiting list for full season tickets i doubt the club sees a market for that.

Have you wondered why the 1/2 season season tickets are no longer on sale?

Those who are on the waiting list may get more games which may help them retain their enthusiasm.

10 per cent more per game could perhaps be charged for the block option relative to standard season ticket whereas the casual price also attracts a higher per match yield.

Would need a strong IT system to operate but more imaginative than the buy back scheme.

24 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

What exactly is a reluctant renewal? Do you hand over the money slowly ? 

Maybe grudgingly?

The link in the opening post will reveal...

Not a slightest hesitancy.  I cancelled when we first had kids as just couldn't spare the time and felt a bit bad sodding off with the lads on Saturday and spending when money was tight.   WORST DECISION EVER!   It took me years to get back.

It's just everything to me, I just could not go back to sitting by the radio wishing I was up there.  I mean, football aside it's the social aspect too.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

There’s probably some law against afflicting a whole season of NCFC mental anguish on some poor newbie so I may as well press the ‘ Buy ‘ button. I’ve survived almost 20 years in my present seat and it’s only 600 smackers anyway innit ( wink )

The bean counters must have been wetting themselves with excitement in anticipation of a tsunami of renewals after Wagner’s first two League games but it’s all gone a bit ‘ Pete Tong ‘ just lately so anyone desperate for a season ticket should be in with a shout. I was told by the ticket office a few weeks ago there’s a 1000-strong waiting list. On current form that’s more likely to shrink than expand.

As I’ve said on here I visit family in Norwich anyway so may as well do Carrow Rd at the same time but it’s definitely not the fun activity it used to be.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 1

i can understand the feelings of Master Pain. Has the club ever gone through such a bad patch ? Perhaps some of the old uns can remember a worse few months, but they might have to go back to the 50's. We seem unable to deliver instant and/or constant success, which is really what Master Pain and others expect. I should imagine some of those will not turn up, or if they do they will sit on the pitch after the game. Probably wondering what hairstyle to have next.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Those who are on the waiting list may get more games which may help them retain their enthusiasm.

10 per cent more per game could perhaps be charged for the block option relative to standard season ticket whereas the casual price also attracts a higher per match yield.

Would need a strong IT system to operate but more imaginative than the buy back scheme.

I know im going to regret asking but how exactly do  the club market and sell something they haven't actually got?

Other than that, its a great idea!

45 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

i can understand the feelings of Master Pain. Has the club ever gone through such a bad patch ? Perhaps some of the old uns can remember a worse few months, but they might have to go back to the 50's. We seem unable to deliver instant and/or constant success, which is really what Master Pain and others expect. I should imagine some of those will not turn up, or if they do they will sit on the pitch after the game. Probably wondering what hairstyle to have next.

It reminds me of Gladys next door musing about whether to take down and wash the front room curtains. Will it be fine. Will it be a good drying day. Will her Cyril have time to hang them before it gets dark....

I renewed in the Peter Grant era as many on here will have done. 

Been living away from Norfolk for many years now, so can't afford the drive time, but renew I would, it's just one of those life choices as a fan... 

This coming season - due to the fact I'm an old fart - my ticket price has gone down. It would be foolish to give in now.                             Next season I can watch more cack for less money,. Bonus

• Haha 1

Just a reminder that season ticket holders who can't attend a game, for any reason, can donate their ticket to the Norfolk Community Foundation.

They then distribute the tickets to people who can't normally afford to come to the footy.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/ticket-donation-option-now-available-for-season-tickets

Edited by Pyro Pete
  • Like 2