dylanisabaddog

Greenwood charges dropped

They say they had no chance of a conviction. But I'm sure most on here saw the video's that were shared at the time - are they now considered to be made up?

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

They say they had no chance of a conviction. But I'm sure most on here saw the video's that were shared at the time - are they now considered to be made up?

Doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just they don't think they have enough for a conviction. 

• Like 5

So they have photos, videos and recordings of abuse yet it's still not enough. Beacause it's either that or the victim dropped charges. Seen some comments suggesting that the girl in question has got back into a relationship with him which if true then I don't even know what to think

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So they have photos, videos and recordings of abuse yet it's still not enough. Beacause it's either that or the victim dropped charges. Seen some comments suggesting that the girl in question has got back into a relationship with him which if true then I don't even know what to think

The girl doesn't take the charges its down the cps and if it's in the public interest. 

She may have said she won't testify, that's different, but that could mean their case is less likely to hold, Hence the case being dropped. Potentially. 

• Like 1

A very quick look says key witnesses have withdrawn and new material has come to light.

The cynical bar-steward in me thinks the new material might have the Queen's head on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Probably couldn't find another footballer on £80k a week so went running back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

She may have said she won't testify, that's different, but that could mean their case is less likely to hold, Hence the case being dropped. Potentially. 

Sounds like it. Silly girl, men like that won't change.

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This is the thing - he’d already been found guilty by the media and much of the public, so where is his career?  By rights he’s an innocent man and should be able to pick up where he left off….

If you have enough money, you can buy (in)justice. 

The rule of law means nothing to the wealthiest in society. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, duke63 said:

If you have enough money, you can buy (in)justice. 

The rule of law means nothing to the wealthiest in society. 

Yep, could well have been paid off. Greenwood and Man U have the money and the girl probably has a price. Sad if this has happened. 

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

This is the thing - he’d already been found guilty by the media and much of the public, so where is his career?  By rights he’s an innocent man and should be able to pick up where he left off….

Will any club try to do that. He may have to look abroad to if he decides to re-build his career.

Check what happened to Ched Evans. He had National Treasure Jessica Ennis-Hill against him, there really was little opportunity left. Evans seems to have got nearly back to the top; Greenwood hasn't been jailed, but really, who would be prepared to try to help him? 

What chance he gets compensation out of ManUre?

All I will say is the statements from the CPS and GMP are damning, in a legal and professional way.

15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Agree with that. However, that footage was fairly damning and I definitely can't shake off the suspicion that some element of paying off, Stockholm Syndrome, or - even worse - intimidation might have taken place.

I do remember thinking quite clearly that Ched Evans should have been able to sign back on after serving his sentence as ultimately that was what the courts decided (IMO prison sentences for sexual assault are too short, but that's a different matter) but if he's served his time as judged by the justice system and therefore had his punishment he should be able to restart and reintegrate into society. Those who think he shouldn't essentially think the punishment dished out by the courts wasn't strict enough. Which I would agree with, but that's a matter for them, not for Evans.

Greenwood may be too toxic a brand to take back on. I'm sorta hoping he doesn't get back in due to the example it would set, but who knows?

18 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Will any club try to do that. He may have to look abroad to if he decides to re-build his career.

Check what happened to Ched Evans. He had National Treasure Jessica Ennis-Hill against him, there really was little opportunity left. Evans seems to have got nearly back to the top; Greenwood hasn't been jailed, but really, who would be prepared to try to help him? 

What chance he gets compensation out of ManUre?

Ched Evans is a convicted rapist, Greenwood has not been involved in a trial let alone convicted. 

It was revealed he breached his bail by contacting the victim and now the case has supposedly fallen apart due to the victim pulling out. It's hard to see what the point of the police is when they let things like this happen.

25 minutes ago, repman said:

It was revealed he breached his bail by contacting the victim and now the case has supposedly fallen apart due to the victim pulling out. It's hard to see what the point of the police is when they let things like this happen.

‘Let’ things like this happen?  Interesting word.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Ched Evans is a convicted rapist, Greenwood has not been involved in a trial let alone convicted. 

His conviction was quashed and he was acquitted in a re-trial, so no, Ched Evans is not a convicted rapist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

‘Let’ things like this happen?  Interesting word.

By that I meant not supporting the victim, allowing him to breach his bail conditions.

Bizarrely, the original video was released by one of the girls friends, the family didn't want it releasing or passing to the Police.

Even after the video came out, her dad refused to condemn Mason.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

I do remember thinking quite clearly that Ched Evans should have been able to sign back on after serving his sentence as ultimately that was what the courts decided (IMO prison sentences for sexual assault are too short, but that's a different matter) but if he's served his time as judged by the justice

The Evans conviction was overturned when new evidence was introduced after he had already served his sentence. It doesn't come down to the leniency of the ruling on him, it comes down to him being an innocent man who was wrongly imprisoned. 

1 hour ago, hertfordyellow said:

No, No he's not.

I’m not buying that’s he innocent and I think stadia around the country would probably vocalise something similar every time he plays. I’ll withdraw my criticism if new evidence is actually shared 

12 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

The Evans conviction was overturned when new evidence was introduced after he had already served his sentence. It doesn't come down to the leniency of the ruling on him, it comes down to him being an innocent man who was wrongly imprisoned. 

Even more reason for him to be playing again, and even less reason for there to be any controversy then.

10 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Even more reason for him to be playing again, and even less reason for there to be any controversy then.

To be fair he's now at Preston and has been for a few years. At 34 his career is coming to an end but he paid a high price for the unlawful conviction.

1 hour ago, CDMullins said:

Bizarrely, the original video was released by one of the girls friends, the family didn't want it releasing or passing to the Police.

Even after the video came out, her dad refused to condemn Mason.

I can't think why? 🤔 💰💰💰💰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, repman said:

By that I meant not supporting the victim, allowing him to breach his bail conditions.

The bail conditions are supposed to prevent him from contacting witnesses in the case, which would be a fairly standard one, if he breaches them there should be consequences, in the old days he would have been remanded to prison but under the new bail act that sets a clock ticking, which if the case isn’t ready could end up with him being released before the trial. Anyway, there’s little to stop someone with means in prison from contacting people on the outside if they want to.