Nunez, Sara and Gibbs yet again blazed the ball wide when shooting today. Idah's only redeemong point seems to be that he is not Hugill. He is not a Championship striker either, nor up to holding a place in any City squad. Sargeant ran his heart out, and won the ball back umpteen times, but was rarely in or around the box. Pukki was the one saving grace, as the idea of playing Nunez and Sara is a luxury that gets exposed regulaly (as again today).

To have any chance of the playoffs we need to sign two new strikers, be they short term PL loanees, or Ch/L1/L2 players. However this is the weakest squad I have seen for many a long year. No criticism of the commitment, but little in the way of application. A complete re-build is needed, but not if it means signing the types we did last summer.

• Like 1

Lol the melt down going on today is hilarious.

We are transitioning, you have full permission to melt down as much as you want when the next season starts and we get off to a stinker.

It's as if people thought Alan Russell was actually going to get us some points.

Doesn't matter who you face or at one level , gamesmanship and a solid counter attack and it's 1-0 in the last 5. Classic smash and grab today we got done like a kipper.

Dean Smith would NOT have condensed that goal...

We would have been 2-0 down by then already 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

We are transitioning, you have full permission to melt down as much as you want when the next season starts and we get off to a stinker.

It's as if people thought Alan Russell was actually going to get us some points.

Doesn't matter who you face or at one level , gamesmanship and a solid counter attack and it's 1-0 in the last 5. Classic smash and grab today we got done like a kipper.

There's a surprise. You not replying to what was posted, but what you have made up, with a couple of cliches thrown in. My point about us not scoring is backed by evidence (results). The point about three midfielders is also backed by the evidence of whatching todays and other games. I assume you watched the game. My point about needing 2 new strikers was first raised in late November. I expect you will be along next to whine about my comments about the board, the closthes Delia was wearing today and my 'melt'* about the weather   * Do grown ups use these tpyes of primary school words ? And aside from your nonsense I have not heard talk of us being in a transition period. I, and everyone else I know, thought we were still competing for promotion.

12 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I think the melt down is because we have been in transition for 3 seasons and counting, and are still in free fall

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PockthorpePete said:

There's a surprise. You not replying to what was posted, but what you have made up, with a couple of cliches thrown in. My point about us not scoring is backed by evidence (results). The point about three midfielders is also backed by the evidence of whatching todays and other games. I assume you watched the game. My point about needing 2 new strikers was first raised in late November. I expect you will be along next to whine about my comments about the board, the closthes Delia was wearing today and my 'melt'* about the weather   * Do grown ups use these tpyes of primary school words ? And aside from your nonsense I have not heard talk of us being in a transition period. I, and everyone else I know, thought we were still competing for promotion.

Ah I didn't read your name, hi pigface.

Run a spell checker mate 😁

Oh and you could have 5 strikers and without anyone putting the ball to them you would still not be scoring goals.

We have 2 world class strikers ( deny it all you want sarge wears the USA shirt)

1 solid journey man and a decent up and comer.

What we lack is a play maker,

Cantwell will end up at kings Lynn next year, dowell not up to it, the south Americans not good enough.

What do you expect? Last thing we need is more strikers

Try a play maker holding mid and solid centre back 

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

WTF is transitioning?

From a manager to no manager to a manager....

C h a n g e.....

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Spot on 

9 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Oh and you could have 5 strikers and without anyone putting the ball to them you would still not be scoring goals.

We have 2 world class strikers ( deny it all you want sarge wears the USA shirt)

Cantwell will end up at kings Lynn next year, dowell not up to it, the south Americans not good enough.

Sargent a world class striker? I despair at this forum. Why don't we sign Qatars C F.!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mannings bandy legs said:

Sargent a world class striker? I despair at this forum. Why don't we sign Qatars C F.!!!!!!

He plays for the USA and was at the world cup.

How does that not make him world class 🤔🤔

12 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

This.

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

Those poor farm workers playing for Qatar were world class by definition 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

It’s not the strikers- it’s the midfield and formation. We never replaced Skipp- and that leaves us lacking bite in the middle. We never replaced Emi- and that leaves us bereft of creativity. Add the fact we have no decent wingers and suddenly you see why we create so little and Pukki is isolated. Strikers playing as wingers is just embarrassing - this 433 doesn’t cut it 

• Like 2

Our inability to score (or at least score as many as we should have been doing) was painfully obvious since day one of this season.

If you constantly shoot over the bar or past the post it doesn't matter how many attempts you have in a game. 

31 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

WTF is transitioning?

Every player is undergoing gender reassignment, with the new 5 year plan to win the Women's Super League by 2028.

• Haha 3

It would help if we could spread the goal scoring a bit, we get a corner and you just know Gibson (no goal in 4 years) and Hanley (50p head) just aren’t the answer. Defenders must be quaking in their boots when that pair jog up, the only threat is to anyone sat behind the goal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

It would help if we could spread the goal scoring a bit, we get a corner and you just know Gibson (no goal in 4 years) and Hanley (50p head) just aren’t the answer. Defenders must be quaking in their boots when that pair jog up, the only threat is to anyone sat behind the goal.

Yep, desperate for a centre back who is a threat from corners, agree. That's one thing that Timm Klose had going for him, had 4 goals a season in him at Championship level. 

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

He isn't world class by any stretch of the imagination. In fact he looks considerably worse than before the World Cup. Our current formation of 3 up front doesn't help him mind.

He doesn't look a particularly happy bunny since sunny Qatar.

Edited by Capt. Pants

I think we all just hoped that anyone other than Dean Smith would get a reaction from the players.

Just **** off.

• Haha 3

He plays international football so is obviously world class...... 
I dont get why people are getting bent out of shape over it, he was everyone's favourite during Smith's unbeaten domination run. 
Now hes back to being that Ginger Yank? Shame on you. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mullet said:

I think the melt down is because we have been in transition for 3 seasons and counting, and are still in free fall

Football clubs are always in transition. Players come and go; you have to adapt your play to the strengths and weaknesses of the players, not simply force them to be a poor man's Man City.

On 02/01/2023 at 19:25, PockthorpePete said:

Nunez, Sara and Gibbs yet again blazed the ball wide when shooting today. Idah's only redeemong point seems to be that he is not Hugill. He is not a Championship striker either, nor up to holding a place in any City squad. Sargeant ran his heart out, and won the ball back umpteen times, but was rarely in or around the box. Pukki was the one saving grace, as the idea of playing Nunez and Sara is a luxury that gets exposed regulaly (as again today).

To have any chance of the playoffs we need to sign two new strikers, be they short term PL loanees, or Ch/L1/L2 players. However this is the weakest squad I have seen for many a long year. No criticism of the commitment, but little in the way of application. A complete re-build is needed, but not if it means signing the types we did last summer.

Yet agains we faile to score. Idah and Hugill, two halves of a pantmime horse. Each wandering around the pitch looking for the other half. Hugills booking was right below where I was sat in the South Stand. Firstly he dleiberately push the Rovers player and then hacked down the other in a needless foul. Pukki seems to be struggling. Whether through lack of support, or just 'getting old'. Still a class above most of the others, but that probably says more about them than him. As to Cantwell. Enough is enough. Too many no shows. Too many (what seems to be) sulks/strops temper tantrums. Likable enough chap, but he needs to move on.

• Like 2

10 shots on target and zippo goals would make you think that their keeper played a blinder, how stats can lie eh?

On 02/01/2023 at 20:01, Nexus_Canary said:

Kane, Mbappe, Messi are examples of world class players. Pukki and Sarge are international players. Playing for your country does not mean you are world class, are all the Wales players world class, simply because they were at the World Cup?

• Like 2