Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Tzolis has his say..

Grant Hanley said a few matches ago in his post match interview that it hadn't been working for a little while now... Not sure why it's taken them so long to act when the players could clearly see it. 

We will see on Friday whether the players are pleased to get shot of Smith or not. It's taken the fans long enough to get Farke out of their system and the players won't be any different. 

It's no surprise to see that reaction from Tzolis. Highly unprofessional in my view irrespective if he dislikes Smith or not. I'd have more time for his reaction if he was any good, but under Farke and Smith he showed nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We will see on Friday whether the players are pleased to get shot of Smith or not. It's taken the fans long enough to get Farke out of their system and the players won't be any different. 

It's no surprise to see that reaction from Tzolis. Highly unprofessional in my view irrespective if he dislikes Smith or not. I'd have more time for his reaction if he was any good, but under Farke and Smith he showed nothing.

Tzolis really saw the tweet and said

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes - agree 100%. Some fans on here have been wetting themselves calling for the return of said player in January conveniently

forgetting that their old God (Farke) had seen very little of note in Tzolis. Neither did the next manager.  

• Like 1

He'll probably unlike it soon and claim he was hacked,  but I think it's clear the players had long since stopped believing in him, if they ever did.

This is a point that shouldn't go amiss regarding Smith and it's also important to think about when people say they want Dyche. Tzolis is a perfect example of a young attacking player who needs to be nurtured and allowed to flourish, under Smith he was never going to do that. Even though I'm not sure he was necessarily good enough for the PL last season he was destined to fail (also Farke didn't help either). Max Aarons has gone from being a player linked with Barcelona and Bayern to looking average in a championship side, I don't think he's got any worse in that time but he is certainly playing in a worser side that doesn't allow him to show his strength. A key part of the club's model currently is to develop young players and sell them on for big fees, Burnley under Dyche never did this, instead the side was stacked with experienced players who other clubs weren't interested in. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Surely they are just “liking” the club wishing Dean Smith and co well. No?

I don't think that's how social media works.

Seems like half the youth team have liked it now as well as Tompkinson who was obviously given his debut by smith.

Thing is, liking a post can just be a useful way of bookmarking a particular post.

So you can read the comments reacting to it later.

I'm sure there are current members of our squad that will not shed any tears with the exit of Deano....

Well, maybe Kenny Mac?... 😉 

• Haha 1

It will be interesting to see what happens with Aaron Ramsey, did Deano really know his time has been up since the World Cup break hence protecting Ramsey from criticism and hostile environment ? 

the likes of Krul, will he feature again after being benched by Deano ?  

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

He is only 20, and as a 19 year old living in a foreign country was pushed away and sent on a foreign loan.  I doubt he has any strong emotion for Dean.

23 minutes ago, Tommo said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with Aaron Ramsey, did Deano really know his time has been up since the World Cup break hence protecting Ramsey from criticism and hostile environment ? 

the likes of Krul, will he feature again after being benched by Deano ?  

I hope the new manager comes in and makes every decision necessary to make us the best team we can be next season, so either we have competed in the premier league after getting promoted, or we give it a proper go next season.  The debate between Krul and Gunn should be done, and the same with Gibson or Omobalidele.

Just putting it out there for the record: This is irrefutably a fan-led sacking primarily led by a certain section of fans making a special effort to keep things toxic back when we were getting results.

We're in the play-offs now. Let's see where we are at the end of the season and what TvB and Buh have to say about things then with their inimitable concrete certainty.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Just putting it out there for the record: This is irrefutably a fan-led sacking primarily led by a certain section of fans making a special effort to keep things toxic back when we were getting results.

We're in the play-offs now. Let's see where we are at the end of the season and what TvB and Buh have to say about things then with their inimitable concrete certainty.

You tell em Dean. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Well, I'm glad one person was enjoying the run your luck, crap, aimless football and playing players out of position. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

You tell em Dean. 

Afraid of owning it if it goes wrong, are you? Might turn out well, after all. You saying you're not so confident now we get to see where your mouths lead us?

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You tell em Dean. 

Out of reaction so here's my laughing emoji for you 🤣

Edited by Ken Hairy

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Afraid of owning it if it goes wrong, are you? Might turn out well, after all. You saying you're not so confident now we get to see where your mouths lead us?

I  now genuinely really think you actually are Dean Smith 🤣🤣

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

We get it Dean.... you've already told us.... It's all our Fault

Don’t give a chuff about what players like and dislike, they are paid to do a job and should get on with it!

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Chill out Dean, take the compensation and have a wonderful holiday somewhere warm. I liked your accent and flat top haircut, I’m a fellow midlander. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I  now genuinely really think you actually are Dean Smit Well🤣

Eh? I'm just stating a fact. You guys who agitated for this back when we were on a nine-game unbeaten run have got your wish. The club listened? Why are you afraid to own it if you were so confident we'll be better off?