Sign in to follow this  
Coneys Knee

Left field candidates

Does anybody with a bit of a boader knowledge of football have any suggestions so we don’t have to keep talking about the same old Martin/robins type names over and over? 

I’m no good at this as I would choose my managers in the same way I choose a horse in the grand national - by how exotic their name is and that’s probably not a good formula!!! 

Xisco Munoz - thought he was unlucky to be given the boot at watford and ultimately got them automatic promotion from a similar position to where we now find ourselves 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommo said:

Xisco Munoz - thought he was unlucky to be given the boot at watford and ultimately got them automatic promotion from a similar position to where we now find ourselves 

Not a bad shout, I’d forgotten about him. Extremely unlucky to have been sacked - or maybe not as it was Watford.

Gerardo Seoane. Posted about him earlier today on another thread, would be an amazing appointment IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommo said:

The Watford fans I know still love him. Limited tactically but great for team spirit and will get the fans behind the team. Wouldn't that be a nice feeling.

That Swiss guy sounds most appealing so far but I also quite like Xisco when he was at Watford. This is much more interesting that debating about robins or Martin in any case. 

Need right sided players have enough from left field.  If Sinani the answer what is the question.

Just checked to see what munoz is up to these days. Manager of a Cypriot first division side. Not exactly pulling up any tree however.

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Gerardo Seoane. Posted about him earlier today on another thread, would be an amazing appointment IMO.

Flipping hell, that would be an incredible option - would he fancy coming to Norwich?

3 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Flipping hell, that would be an incredible option - would he fancy coming to Norwich?

I agree. When you read about him he sounds like this years Knutsen. I would think his sights would be higher than us but you never know.

• Like 1

Most of you will recoil in predictable fury but how about one 'Joey Barton'?! No lack of passion from him that's for sure and doing a more than acceptable job under the limelight at Bristol Rovers by the way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big Ron Atkinson, as long as he promises not to say anything controversial.  After all, at 83 he’s only a couple of years older than Delia and Michael.

Duncan Ferguson.

Left Everton to pursue a managerial career of his own. Has had an apprenticeship under Carlo Ancelotti and Rafa Benitez. Two games managed as caretaker in the Premier League including a 3-1 victory over Chelsea in 2019. However prior to that has been a first team coach for Everton between 2014 to 2022, giving him 8 years experience as a coach within a Premier League club. Prior to that, he was a youth team coach, so have experience of bringing along young players. 

No one can doubt he doesn't have grit and determination. I think it's a matter of time before someone gives him a job. I'm not saying he should be our pick - but if I were asked to choose someone who might just come into reckoning for the job, he'd probably be my shout. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

Erling Moe

No thanks!!!

Boring defensive fotball.

7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Duncan Ferguson.

Left Everton to pursue a managerial career of his own. Has had an apprenticeship under Carlo Ancelotti and Rafa Benitez. Two games managed as caretaker in the Premier League including a 3-1 victory over Chelsea in 2019. However prior to that has been a first team coach for Everton between 2014 to 2022, giving him 8 years experience as a coach within a Premier League club. Prior to that, he was a youth team coach, so have experience of bringing along young players. 

No one can doubt he doesn't have grit and determination. I think it's a matter of time before someone gives him a job. I'm not saying he should be our pick - but if I were asked to choose someone who might just come into reckoning for the job, he'd probably be my shout. 

Agree he's got the necessary fire in his belly.

On the downside he's a head case.

9 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Duncan Ferguson.

Actually that's a bloody good shout and someone who I (and most others) would never even have heard of. 

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Agree he's got the necessary fire in his belly.

On the downside he's a head case.

Good! FCR needs someone like that to shake the whole stale foundations up. Would be an exciting time 'for sure' (something that has been dreadfully lacking for the last thirteen months)

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Good! FCR needs someone like that to shake the whole stale foundations up. Would be an exciting time 'for sure' (something that has been dreadfully lacking for the last thirteen months)

I think a safer bet to rely on shaking things up is the new guy on the Board,  Annastasio. He's got more clout than any manager.

47 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Who knows? With Webber's contacts in German football and the prospect of a takeover and a transfer kitty on the horizon, it'd be worth a punt. Worst he can do is say no, but he's been out of work for nearly three months now so might be getting the itch.

• Like 1