Sign in to follow this  
Coneys Knee

Left field candidates

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Gary Neville. 

Has the makings of a good manager in my opinion. Valencia job was too big for him and then chuck him in the deep end in a foreign country. 

Might do better at an English club

I did wonder about Gary, I dismissed him as he seems involved in range of businesses, and is creating a Sutton like niche in punditary - I can’t see him fancying a full on managerial challenge which meant cutting the rest of those back.  And he was awful at Valencia.

Edited by Newtopia

Dean Windass and that other striker we tried to sign in the 90s for 500k (?also from Hull) who I cant track down. Sean someone? Rescue me someone it's driving me crazy - had long hair I think

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

7 minutes ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Several times. Read the threads.

Still a grumpy **** then.😀

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Duncan Ferguson.

Left Everton to pursue a managerial career of his own. Has had an apprenticeship under Carlo Ancelotti and Rafa Benitez. Two games managed as caretaker in the Premier League including a 3-1 victory over Chelsea in 2019. However prior to that has been a first team coach for Everton between 2014 to 2022, giving him 8 years experience as a coach within a Premier League club. Prior to that, he was a youth team coach, so have experience of bringing along young players. 

No one can doubt he doesn't have grit and determination. I think it's a matter of time before someone gives him a job. I'm not saying he should be our pick - but if I were asked to choose someone who might just come into reckoning for the job, he'd probably be my shout. 

Not a bad call, he did a great job as caretaker at Everton.  How do you think he would be with the non motivational aspects of the job….

Initially the random selection of left field names was annoying, after a while it was……. Then when it got to …..

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Todd Unctious.

I laughed out loud

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Isnt there someone managing in Canada (not Jim Brennan) with Norwich links? Cant bring him to mind? Has links with Beckham? Or am I dreaming that?

I think Simeon Jackson is coaching out there. 

Mike Jackson, Burnley caretaker manager now back at under 23s. Seem to get them going very quickly when the chips were down

4 hours ago, Tommo said:

Xisco Munoz - thought he was unlucky to be given the boot at watford and ultimately got them automatic promotion from a similar position to where we now find ourselves 

He was very unlucky and they well and truly thrashed us early on last season during his short spell in charge. Now who was our manager then, let me just think about it for a moment...............'No, surely not, it wasn't was it'?? 

• Haha 1