Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

He's Gone!

26 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Blimey, that's a depressing list.....

Disagree, there's some good names in that list.

Although, it might explain the desire to give Smith the WC break to try and get things right.

Finding a Farke with Brexit is incredibly slim.

What are the Brexit regulations with regards to non-playing staff?  Are they any different from any other business?  Brexit hasn't stopped companies from recruiting internationally.

32 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Chris Wilder-big no please

What are peoples thoughts on Ralph Hassenhuttl. Has on his CV keeping Southampton up, and likes bringing younger players through. Would he be a good fit here?

Ryan Lowe is an interesting one, definitely counts as being on the up. 

Think he'd have more chance of going up by staying where he is though I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, Scot-e-dog said:

What are the Brexit regulations with regards to non-playing staff?  Are they any different from any other business?  Brexit hasn't stopped companies from recruiting internationally.

From what I can gather a UEFA Pro License carries a lot of weight for visa applications which of course is a European qualification which makes it easier to get coaches from Europe than elsewhere in the world. 

20 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I also hope so but I don't agree that he's similar to Smith in style. Dyche had a style at Burnley, Smith had nothing here.

My gut feeling is that we'll take a step back and move towards a more technical style of play.

Something we unbelievably took a step away from last year when when we appointed Smith.

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Finding a Farke with Brexit is incredibly slim.

This is a bit of a pinkun myth. 

UEFA Pro License = good chance of getting a visa for a job as a first team coach or manager. 

Go and Google who Brentford have just appointed as assistant manager. Danish chap whose biggest job has been as a manager in the Danish fourth tier... but UEFA Pro License holder. Took them two weeks from job offer to visa completion.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

UEFA Pro License = good chance of getting a visa for a job as a first team coach or manager. 

Go and Google who Brentford have just appointed as assistant manager. Danish chap whose biggest job has been as a manager in the Danish fourth tier... but UEFA Pro License holder. Took them two weeks from job offer to visa completion.

I was gonna say, Euro Pro licence is a minimum requirement for working on the playing side across Europe.  Shouldn't be a problem finding someone if that's required

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I wouldn't say myth. Didn't one of the club interviews discuss how Farke wouldn't have been able to join us? I swear I'm not making it up!

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I wouldn't say myth. Didn't one of the club interviews discuss how Farke wouldn't have been able to join us? I swear I'm not making it up!

Possibly but going by some recent appointments rules might have been relaxed or there is more precedent that has since been set which suggests it isn't as strict as first believed. No idea if Farke had a license before joining us or not but I do know that UEFA Pro License = a lot of weight in points system.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, king canary said:

Anthony Barry probably the most interesting name on the list. No managerial experience but high level coaching, ala McKenna and Ipswich. 

I had to google him

36 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Hancock will emerge as favourite.

I think he would make a great "hands on" manager.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No, it is not a myth, but there is some confusion about what the rules are for managers. The rules listed by the Mail in a piece last year for coaches coming from abroad were very restrictive. We could not have got Farke, and Leeds could not have got Bielsa, because he had not coached a top side recently. But the rules may have been relaxed. The point behind them was plainly to encourage/force clubs to go for up and coming homegrown managers, and that may still apply even with an easing of the rules.

28 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

If this is genuine, good for Tzolis. Smith treated him like a piece of s*it.

Yes, Smith made it clear he wasn't going to get game time, which seemed odd at the time. He's injured but could we recall him and give him a try 2nd half of the season. Couldn't harm us (better than Sinani!) 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Didn't Dyche make it quite clear recently he felt he had earned the right to manage at a Prem club? It would be hard to argue against that as well.

Well that's at best a 1 in 20 chance.

If in theory at least we're a PL team-in-waiting so if he's as good as he boasts then why wouldn't he give us a whirl ?

7 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Yes, Smith made it clear he wasn't going to get game time, which seemed odd at the time. He's injured but could we recall him and give him a try 2nd half of the season. Couldn't harm us (better than Sinani!) 

To be fair, you're probably better than Sinani

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chicken said:

That and Rioch wasn't poor for us.

I’m not sure why I mentioned Rioch. I think Purple did and I subconsciously followed. Agreed he wasn’t bad . Wasn’t great either mind … 

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

Fair play that this decision has been taken and action too. There is still a chance to save the season. A chance the club HAD to take given the parachute payments situation.

Fair play also to the 1053 fans last night who supported the team and for a very clever song about the fans being at fault. It was half subtle but also damning for the management. No way back for him with a sing like that. Proper satire. I was impressed. As were the whole of our family listening to it on the TV last night.

Onwards.

I missed this Sony - what were the lyrics?

Cleared the cache, got rid of the bad cookie and finally I can get back on the forum! Enforced break was kind of welcome, but now I want to discuss the next manager.

Cant say there are many exciting options.

Sean Dyche would be a great appointment in terms of getting hold of a manager who knows how to stay in the Premier League, something we desperately need. But could there be a manager less like Farke and would his football please the fans?

I wonder if we have any chance of getting Knutsen?

Parker/Robins/Martin are the realistic/likely targets

5 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I missed this Sony - what were the lyrics?

In the event it only got the one outing but it was 

" It's all our fault

It's all our fault

Dean Smith

It's all our fault "

Decent gallows humour.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Cleared the cache, got rid of the bad cookie and finally I can get back on the forum! Enforced break was kind of welcome, but now I want to discuss the next manager.

Cant say there are many exciting options.

Sean Dyche would be a great appointment in terms of getting hold of a manager who knows how to stay in the Premier League, something we desperately need. But could there be a manager less like Farke and would his football please the fans?

I wonder if we have any chance of getting Knutsen?

Parker/Robins/Martin are the realistic/likely targets

We have no chans on earth to geth Knutsen now.

To think we have is crazy. Comical Ali crazy.

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

Chris Wilder-big no please

What are peoples thoughts on Ralph Hassenhuttl. Has on his CV keeping Southampton up, and likes bringing younger players through. Would he be a good fit here?

Hasenhuttl seemed to lose his way towards the end at Southampton. They gradually lost the pressing that he first brought and it sounded like the players all hated him. He also played lots of young players mainly due to the fact that Southampton's transfer policy is pretty strict in that regard (they signed 6 players this summer under 21 for significant fees). I'd stay away just for the fact that he did lose his way and I don't think we should go for a manager on a down swing.

6 minutes ago, Olano said:

We have no chans on earth to geth Knutsen now.

To think we have is crazy. Comical Ali crazy.

I have no idea what his situation is at the moment, I just know that when we were Premier League he was allegedly a target. Very different now of course