Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

McLean to Rangers

Correct me if i am wrong but hasn't this Rangers rumour been circulating since the summer transfer window ?

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sara, Sorenson, Nunez, Gibbs. 

For three midfield spots.

We'd need to bring in at least 2 centre midfield players in the summer if we lose McLean.

All good in principle only we need countless other players also.

Looking increasingly like a complete rebuild is going to be required.  I'd personally prefer celebrating if we managed to squeeze a few hundred grand out of somebody for Placheta. 

Whatever worked for us in the previous 2 championship seasons isnt now

We're on course to possibly just scrape 6th spot never mind cruise the league with 90+ pts

Whilst McLean may have been effective before, he's not now

We need to change the midfield whatever the situation is 

In the middle of a season (despite my criticisms of Kenny), he should only be sold if a replacement (actually improvement) is lined up. However, I don't have faith that Webber will be able to do this, so if nothing else let it be a pre-contract agreement. 

To b fair to McLean he’s said he wanted a rangers move before the end of his career and with Nunez & Sara we should have cover, Dowell, Sorensen, Gibbs, Sara, Nunez, Hayden all battling for three positions. We do have cover, if we can get a little money back and wages off the books might be a good move for all parties. Actually as they don’t have a manager at the moment maybe we can offer Smith as part of the deal? 😉

Good for him if true, hopefully he will be appreciated and not scapegoated up there.

EDIT Van Bronckhorst now sacked if that makes any difference.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

15 hours ago, hogesar said:

It would be somewhat wasted on you, so no.

The fact he is a starter isn't his fault and certainly at this level he is more than capable and has proven it in two title winning seasons. This season there isn't another Central Midfielder who's managed to perform at his defensive level alongside also having a goal and a couple of assists. That both Farke and Smith rate him would normally be enough but...

I have no problem with him moving to Scotland in the summer and I think it would be good for him to start afresh away from the nonsense peddled by a section of our fanbase. At least it only seems restricted to the PinkUn as recently we've had Kenny's name sung in the stands a couple of times.

This logic is flawed. To be in a team that gets promoted doesn't mean you're great at a certain level, in the same way as to be in a team that gets relegated doesn't mean you're bad at a certain level. McLean is dreadful even at Championship level. At PL level he's the worst regular starter in the club's top level history. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

This logic is flawed. To be in a team that gets promoted doesn't mean you're great at a certain level, in the same way as to be in a team that gets relegated doesn't mean you're bad at a certain level. McLean is dreadful even at Championship level. At PL level he's the worst regular starter in the club's top level history. 

Absolute nonsense. Jesus wept. 

• Like 3

Eye-opening. It really is. Anyone who says Mclean is "dreadful" at Championship level has absolutely no vague concept of football. It's not worth any more of a discussion.

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Good for him if true, hopefully he will be appreciated and not scapegoated up there.

EDIT Van Bronckhorst now sacked if that makes any difference.

Russell Martin and Graham Dorrans both went from Norwich to Rangers and struggled, can't believe they are going to take a chance on another Canary! 

36 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Eye-opening. It really is. Anyone who says Mclean is "dreadful" at Championship level has absolutely no vague concept of football. It's not worth any more of a discussion.

"Anyone who disagrees with me doesn't understand football"

33 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

"Anyone who disagrees with me doesn't understand football"

Nope. Not what I said.

31 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

He's got the XG stats to prove it

I've got a whole host of other stats to prove it, you conveniently swerved that post which I can't say even vaguely surprised me.

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

McLean is dreadful even at Championship level. At PL level he's the worst regular starter in the club's top level history. 

Hyperbolic ****.......do you even go to games, let alone understand what you are watching?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nope. Not what I said.

I've got a whole host of other stats to prove it, you conveniently swerved that post which I can't say even vaguely surprised me.

How about the eye test?...maybe watch a football match instead of hiding behind stats

McLean is poor. Its almost as if all these fans who criticise him might just be able to see how bad a player he is

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

How about the eye test?...maybe watch a football match instead of hiding behind stats

McLean is poor. Its almost as if all these fans who criticise him might just be able to see how bad a player he is

I watch plenty of matches. It turns out my eye test matches the stats and my eye test also matches the eye test of multiple experienced managers and coaches.

Yours matches...a couple of pinkun posters.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I watch plenty of matches. It turns out my eye test matches the stats and my eye test also matches the eye test of multiple experienced managers and coaches.

Yours matches...a couple of pinkun posters.

You need to get out more if you think McLean's criticism is confined to posters in this board

...and as for these 'multiple' managers

One was sacked last season for failing to improve the crucial midfield dept by continuing to pick him....another will also lose his job this season for much the same

24 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

You need to get out more if you think McLean's criticism is confined to posters in this board

...and as for these 'multiple' managers

One was sacked last season for failing to improve the crucial midfield dept by continuing to pick him....another will also lose his job this season for much the same

The one that was sacked won two championship titles with McLean in midfield and that's the level I'm discussing McLean at. Not the Premier League. 

The fact you keep desperately moving goalposts tells me all I need to know.

• Like 1

He was masked by the fact he had Skipp with him 2 seasons ago

Time moves on..both he and the rest of the team are clearly not as effective as they were in the previous 2 champiobship season

He needed upgrading. The fact that he is apparantly still a starter shames many at the club

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, hogesar said:

It would be somewhat wasted on you, so no.

The fact he is a starter isn't his fault and certainly at this level he is more than capable and has proven it in two title winning seasons. This season there isn't another Central Midfielder who's managed to perform at his defensive level alongside also having a goal and a couple of assists. That both Farke and Smith rate him would normally be enough but...

I have no problem with him moving to Scotland in the summer and I think it would be good for him to start afresh away from the nonsense peddled by a section of our fanbase. At least it only seems restricted to the PinkUn as recently we've had Kenny's name sung in the stands a couple of times.

Did anyone else join in with you? 

34 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Did anyone else join in with you? 

Most of the lower barclay.

I know you don't attend games so you wouldn't be aware.

McLean is a decent player and was extremely good value at £200k (or whatever it was). The flak he gets is absurd and has little basis in reality.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, percy varco said:

Kenny has been a good servant to our club. It is not his fault that Clueless Smith has no idea how to use him. 
I will thank The Mayor for his time here and wish him well. 

Yeh, been a good servant to the club and shared many joyful moments with us fans 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

McLean is a decent player and was extremely good value at £200k (or whatever it was). The flak he gets is absurd and has little basis in reality.

Was going to say, we didn't pay much for him and got plenty more back.

• Like 3

Didn't Mark Rivers once say he couldn't understand how McLean was picked week after week and he knows more about football than most on here.

6 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

Didn't Mark Rivers once say he couldn't understand how McLean was picked week after week and he knows more about football than most on here.

Well if he knows more than Farke and Smith we'd better give him the job pronto...