Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Last minute transfers

31 minutes ago, NCPFC said:

Brandon Williams can fill in at left-back and I thought he was good.

But he is right footed !!  agree he tries hard and can cover midfield. Wages a problem me thinks

18 hours ago, makham said:

Hadn't realised you had produced the chart yourself based on ftw's data. Great work by you both.

Thanks, here is the updated table with Martin now removed, Barden still an under 21 by a day!

image.thumb.png.093f7c0c5f45e3dd8d944f5f90dd25f0.png

Still not a lot happening, other than young Martin.  You’d think there’d be whisperings if any of the bigger players were moving, so maybe Max is stopping with us and Rashica too.

22 hours ago, baldy09 said:

Webber has been very busy in the transfer side of things - there  a few signings ready to be announced  - left back-  surname is Home not sure his first name- second signing IS --feet  - sure his first name is toi left - Chinese signing. And  finally  third player called -Hardly there - prone to be the odd absents

Those certainly are words.

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

What an utterly pointless exercise, if true - Farke must be fully aware such a bid would be a complete non starter. Odd doesn’t come close.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

What an utterly pointless exercise, if true - Farke must be fully aware such a bid would be a complete non starter. Odd doesn’t come close.

Unless they're trying to get Max to force through a move.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Hugely unlikely to happen.  Imo they have a far higher opinion of their clout than is warranted.  

I think that's called testing the waters and seeing it they can get the attention of max and hope he knocks on 90%s door saying he wants to join up with DF 

Would there be much appeal for Max to play in the German league? Unless it's Bayern who come calling, would have thought it would be better to try and get promoted back to the PL with us.

5 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Would there be much appeal for Max to play in the German league? Unless it's Bayern who come calling, would have thought it would be better to try and get promoted back to the PL with us.

Probably loads, he has a far higher chance if stringing together two good top flight seasons in Germany and ending up at a team playing European football than he does by yo-yoing with us 

18 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Yeh unsettle him was my first thought reading this 

15 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Yeh unsettle him was my first thought reading this 

Yes, but he’d surely look at it and say ‘no thanks’ rather than being unsettled by it.  It would be a huge surprise, but Bayern or Dortmund might be a different thing.

Edited by Branston Pickle

More chance of going onto greater things with MG tbh, European football, cup wins possibly, or stay here and yo yo between top 2 divisions. 

Think this may have some legs tbh, and wouldn’t surprise me to see him go 

He didn't get unsettled by Barca so can't see Gladbach forcing a transfer request. 

Also we'd need to replace him and a loan with an option doesn't give us the funds to, so an absolute non starter.

Farke will know it’s a non starter now but the fact he has registered an interest is perhaps part of a playing the long game if they come back in the summer maybe in the champions league…. and say they were after Max for a long time it is a better narrative.

Edited by Ulfotto

I think in an MB article I read that Max isn't (or wasn't) especially keen to move abroad. Hence why he took it easy RE Barca and Roma.

Can't see anything at all in this unless they bring the cash, and then some. Although it isn't obvious, statistically Aarons is one of our top performers and a big part of our play- we wouldn't be able to just stick any old decent RB in there.

35 minutes ago, king canary said:

He didn't get unsettled by Barca so can't see Gladbach forcing a transfer request. 

Also we'd need to replace him and a loan with an option doesn't give us the funds to, so an absolute non starter.

I'm not so sure, if I were him if be a little scared of missing the boat. He is the one player who I would understand why they were trying to force a move, and have some sympathy for that given how professional he has been. I would admire the loyality if he didn't, but wouldn't begrudge the lad if he decided he needed to give his career a jolt.

Looking very unlikely to be any incoming players now. Must admit to being a bit surprised - it’s a big risk in terms of the defence (and defensive midfield). We seem to be effectively having to assume Hayden and Byram are going to be fully fit very soon and we don’t get any further injuries. It’s a long way in terms of the number of games before Dimi, McCullen, Gibbs and Lungi are fully match fit again. 
Big gamble I think.

• Like 1

Doesn’t matter if they unsettle him, if it’s just a loan with an option why on Earth would we agree.

15 minutes ago, Silver Canary said:

Looking very unlikely to be any incoming players now. Must admit to being a bit surprised - it’s a big risk in terms of the defence (and defensive midfield). We seem to be effectively having to assume Hayden and Byram are going to be fully fit very soon and we don’t get any further injuries. It’s a long way in terms of the number of games before Dimi, McCullen, Gibbs and Lungi are fully match fit again. 
Big gamble I think.

Feels like it's been every season for like 5 years now we have had some sort of defensive inury crisis at the start of a season and then we have gone on to do nothing about it 

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Feels like it's been every season for like 5 years now we have had some sort of defensive inury crisis at the start of a season and then we have gone on to do nothing about it 

Yes. Why didn't the club act before the window closed ?

14 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Yes. Why didn't the club act before the window closed ?

The window hasn't closed, and the club did act, having a squad with three left-backs, if you include Sorensen. Having all three get significant injuries at the same time cannot be legislated for.

• Like 1

Very Strange all these big clubs always want to loan Aarons 

Never come up carrow road with a wheelbarrow of cash just loan ?

he is one of our better players why would we loan him 

he would be fairly cheap for a big club transfer wise why do they not just buy him if they want him so bad 

22 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The window hasn't closed, and the club did act, having a squad with three left-backs, if you include Sorensen. Having all three get significant injuries at the same time cannot be legislated for.

Gosh. I never knew.

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes, but he’d surely look at it and say ‘no thanks’ rather than being unsettled by it.  It would be a huge surprise, but Bayern or Dortmund might be a different thing.

Depends a couple of things, could argue hes stagnating at Norwich?
I mean - none of us would say that, especially as hes made a great start to the season but in terms of an England U21, hes not really looking like being in a conversation for the England team. It depends on his aspirations?

His relationship with Farke - a mentors role can not be underestimated, some people would take a wage decrease to work for someone they respected, admired and knew they got on well with. Whats that relationship like between Daniel and Max?

Doubt its going to happen, but it worries me more than say Newcastle or Villa etc.  

TBH for Max it is not a bad option, he would play in a top league and test himself in a new environment.  For our promotion it would be a disaster, even with a replacement lined up it would take time to coach the new player in the style of play and match patterns.  If it happens now our management need their heads checking.

13 hours ago, Newtopia said:

TBH for Max it is not a bad option, he would play in a top league and test himself in a new environment.  For our promotion it would be a disaster, even with a replacement lined up it would take time to coach the new player in the style of play and match patterns.  If it happens now our management need their heads checking.

Most of the Bundesliga is extremely ordinary, he needs to test himself in the PL and it would be a poor decision for him.

Imo it’ll be a pretty quiet day - Webber never seems to do a lot of business on ‘closing day’.

15 hours ago, 1902 said:

I'm not so sure, if I were him if be a little scared of missing the boat. He is the one player who I would understand why they were trying to force a move, and have some sympathy for that given how professional he has been. I would admire the loyality if he didn't, but wouldn't begrudge the lad if he decided he needed to give his career a jolt.

I'm sure he'd be happy to go there but I think him and his agent are smart enough to pick their battles. There is no point throwing your toys out of the pram when the deal is so clearly not on terms that will happen. It might be different in Gladbach had offered a permanent fee and we were holding out for more but the idea of us loaning out one of our best young players, who we'd need to replace, with no guaranteed fee at any point holds no appeal for Norwich.

30 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm sure he'd be happy to go there but I think him and his agent are smart enough to pick their battles. 

His agent is Rio Ferdinand isn't it? He's not been tweeting this morning so obviously busy on something, as it isn't like him not to be tweeting every 30 minutes or so.