Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

There's a new striker in our camp...

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

If they have been recommended by Nunez from his old club sign them up quick ! 

🤯

16 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Am I right in thinking that none of these players could be signed / get loaned any time soon - nowhere near the immigration points needed???

They would be able to apply for special dispensation for exceptional talent due to their age. If they have represented Brazil at youth stage or made a first team appearance it’s fairly likely they would get the green light. 

3 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

They would be able to apply for special dispensation for exceptional talent due to their age. If they have represented Brazil at youth stage or made a first team appearance it’s fairly likely they would get the green light. 

I just checked Luizão, he seems to have around 9 Coritiba 1st team appearances to his name - that's it. 

3 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Interesting that he has a squad number of 52 on his shirt though

Not really, I think they give numbers to all training shirts now, my guess is so they can watch through footage of training and easily identify players. I wouldn't read anything into it. 

Edited by chicken

35 minutes ago, chicken said:

I just checked Luizão, he seems to have around 9 Coritiba 1st team appearances to 

LOAN  🇧🇷 

Forward is returned to Coritiba by Serie B club

noticia_766564_img1_esp-coxa-luizao.jpg   

Striker Luizão, 19, was returned by Tombense Futebol Clube to Coritiba. Revealed at the base of Coxa, he played in the 2022 Campeonato Paranaense and then was loaned to the Minas Gerais team, from Tombos (MG).

At Tombense, Luizão did not enter the field in these two months of loan. He was on the bench in two matches in the Campeonato Brasileiro Série B, but did not play. It was not used by coaches Hemerson Maria and Bruno Pivetti.

The starter of the Minas Gerais team, since the beginning of 2022, is the center forward Vinícius Mingotti, 22 years old, on loan from Athletico Paranaense. The player scored two goals in 21 games this season. Another widely used striker is Ciel, 40, who has ten goals in 17 games this year.

Coritiba has not yet commented on the player's return and there is no information if he will be integrated into the main squad. The group already has strikers Léo Gamalho, Clayton and Adrián Martínez. In addition, wingers Alef Manga and Fabrício Daniel have already played as a center forward for part of their career.

Luizão has already been used as a midfielder by Morínigo. It was in the match against Paraná Clube, a 2-1 victory. It was in this classic that the player scored his only goal as a professional. In the grassroots categories, however, he established himself as a centre-forward. He was champion with Coritiba and top scorer of the 2021 Copa do Brasil Sub-20, scoring six goals in ten matches.

As a professional, Luizão has ten games (two as a starter) and one goal.

43 minutes ago, Mengo said:

LOAN  🇧🇷 

Forward is returned to Coritiba by Serie B club

noticia_766564_img1_esp-coxa-luizao.jpg   

Striker Luizão, 19, was returned by Tombense Futebol Clube to Coritiba. Revealed at the base of Coxa, he played in the 2022 Campeonato Paranaense and then was loaned to the Minas Gerais team, from Tombos (MG).

At Tombense, Luizão did not enter the field in these two months of loan. He was on the bench in two matches in the Campeonato Brasileiro Série B, but did not play. It was not used by coaches Hemerson Maria and Bruno Pivetti.

The starter of the Minas Gerais team, since the beginning of 2022, is the center forward Vinícius Mingotti, 22 years old, on loan from Athletico Paranaense. The player scored two goals in 21 games this season. Another widely used striker is Ciel, 40, who has ten goals in 17 games this year.

Coritiba has not yet commented on the player's return and there is no information if he will be integrated into the main squad. The group already has strikers Léo Gamalho, Clayton and Adrián Martínez. In addition, wingers Alef Manga and Fabrício Daniel have already played as a center forward for part of their career.

Luizão has already been used as a midfielder by Morínigo. It was in the match against Paraná Clube, a 2-1 victory. It was in this classic that the player scored his only goal as a professional. In the grassroots categories, however, he established himself as a centre-forward. He was champion with Coritiba and top scorer of the 2021 Copa do Brasil Sub-20, scoring six goals in ten matches.

As a professional, Luizão has ten games (two as a starter) and one goal.

So I'm correct-ish? Wouldn't get many points for that for a permit would he? 

6 minutes ago, chicken said:

So I'm correct-ish? Wouldn't get many points for that for a permit would he? 

I don't think he has played for the first team. All his appearances are for the Coritiba sub 20 team . Coritiba recently sold a goog guy Igor Paixao striker to feynoord for 8 mil 💶

12 minutes ago, Mengo said:

I don't think he has played for the first team. All his appearances are for the Coritiba sub 20 team . Coritiba recently sold a goog guy Igor Paixao striker to feynoord for 8 mil 💶

Ah ok, 

https://int.soccerway.com/players/luiz-guilherme-vieira-da-silva/699119/

It's just listed as Coritiba here, that's what's confusing me. Wikipedia just said 9 games for Coritiba. So this is more of a forming a relationship with Coritiba sort of thing. Players come here, get a taste for what European football could be like, whilst also seeing Norwich and putting us in the minds ready for them developing and us willing to gamble on them. Puts us in the front seat, no doubt any deals with a sell on so Coritiba and their players see us as a possible route into European football. Either with us full stop or with us as a stepping stone should the players kick on.

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

Ah ok, 

https://int.soccerway.com/players/luiz-guilherme-vieira-da-silva/699119/

It's just listed as Coritiba here, that's what's confusing me. Wikipedia just said 9 games for Coritiba. So this is more of a forming a relationship with Coritiba sort of thing. Players come here, get a taste for what European football could be like, whilst also seeing Norwich and putting us in the minds ready for them developing and us willing to gamble on them. Puts us in the front seat, no doubt any deals with a sell on so Coritiba and their players see us as a possible route into European football. Either with us full stop or with us as a stepping stone should the players kick on.

I would say so👍

17 hours ago, chicken said:

Not really, I think they give numbers to all training shirts now, my guess is so they can watch through footage of training and easily identify players. I wouldn't read anything into it. 

It makes it easier to know who's stuff is who's when it gets chucked in the wash.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, repman said:

It makes it easier to know who's stuff is who's when it gets chucked in the wash.

😉simple. 👍

21 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

We will all be singing

On the ball theety

Yeah, “all the Brazilians, so many Brazilians” doesn’t scan.

On 17/08/2022 at 17:37, norfolkngood said:

If they have been recommended by Nunez from his old club sign them up quick ! 

They aren't from Nunez's old club though, he's never played in Brazil, yet alone for Coritiba?

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Here are the boys:

Screenshot_20220818-164657.png

I've seen more meat on a butcher's apron.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, repman said:

God forbid they put names on the labels or anything... nought wrong with that in moi day boyo! 

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

They aren't from Nunez's old club though, he's never played in Brazil, yet alone for Coritiba?

you are correct !! and south America team name look the same without your glasses 🤓

just sign them anyway 🤣

Edited by norfolkngood

15 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Here are the boys:

Screenshot_20220818-164657.png

Are 3 of them incredibly tall,  or 1 of them tiny? 

These are all triallists, aiming to secure a place in the u23s. It's a network thing we have going on with their parent club. They are now our feeder team so expect this to become the norm. I suspect only 1 or 2 may be successful over the long haul but it's an interesting networking thing we have going on behind the scenes. Good for them also because these young players get to experience a different country and top facilities.

Edited by Michael Starr

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Are 3 of them incredibly tall,  or 1 of them tiny? 

Yeah I hope he's not a centre half.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

These are all triallists, aiming to secure a place in the u23s. It's a network thing we have going on with their parent club. They are now our feeder team so expect this to become the norm. I suspect only 1 or 2 may be successful over the long haul but it's an interesting networking thing we have going on behind the scenes. Good for them also because these young players get to experience a different country and top facilities.

Would be good if we send a few out there as well.