Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Have we really messed up?

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

the second wouldn't normally see a championship defender give up twice and throw himself to the floor 

After all, he wouldn't be playing against our defence

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

Higher quality video, the 2 goals are near the end

Watch Tzolis on his second goal just before cutting in for the shot he dribbled the ball between the legs of the defender while in motion... thats VERY impressive. 

Also on his first goal hes the one crossing the ball on the other side, basicly creating an opening and a play out of thin air. 

Just in case you had any doubts about his abilities. This guy is the real deal. There's no player on the current roster that can match his abilities, what a joke. 

Defender for the 2nd goal must have had money on Tzolis to score 2

1 hour ago, chicken said:

People just need to calm down and remember it's a season, and Norwich are historically slow starters but strong finishers.

The most sensible and accurate thing written on here for a long time. Unfortunately patience and level headedness seem to be in short supply.

7 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

Higher quality video, the 2 goals are near the end

Watch Tzolis on his second goal just before cutting in for the shot he dribbled the ball between the legs of the defender while in motion... thats VERY impressive. 

Also on his first goal hes the one crossing the ball on the other side, basicly creating an opening and a play out of thin air. 

Just in case you had any doubts about his abilities. This guy is the real deal. There's no player on the current roster that can match his abilities, what a joke. 

They are a couple of great goals, no doubt. But having watched Tzolis live he was terrible in his last few appearances for us, actually far worse in person than from highlights. He jogged around the pitch barely touched the ball and had zero impact on the game. He didn't look fit and I have no idea if he was unsettled or what was going on in his mind, but clearly something went wrong for such a talented player to be sidelined and then loaned out.

Wish him luck and hopefully he has a successful loan and comes back to do a job for us next season.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

At what point in this hypothetical chain of events does he lose his hundreds of millions of pounds and need to work for minimum wage? 

Hahaha! I suspect he would receive a letter from McDonalds saying, "Dear Mr Ronaldo, thank you for your application to become a burger flipper at McDonalds, unfortunately ..."

It's very hard to know what issues went on behind the scenes (much like with Todd), but it's pretty baffling as to why we went the whole of last season without giving the guy a run of starts; let alone this season. When you consider the amount of games we gave to loanees and the length of time we knew we were already relegated, it's doubly baffling.

Yes, it seems as though we've made mistake (to add to the catalogue). 

10 minutes ago, Petriix said:

It's very hard to know what issues went on behind the scenes (much like with Todd), but it's pretty baffling as to why we went the whole of last season without giving the guy a run of starts; let alone this season. When you consider the amount of games we gave to loanees and the length of time we knew we were already relegated, it's doubly baffling.

The fact that he is doing well shows he is an excellent prospect and so it means we will get a player back that is right up there in terms of quality, confidence and value - in other words, it's a win win. The fact that he couldn't break through last season then becomes irrelevant.....same as Todd really, it doesn't matter what happened last season as long as you learn from it and come back stronger.

Quality player, and no we haven't messed up - he's on loan to do exactly this. 

It's called "!going to plan" if this continues.  Let's hope he starts getting 70-90 minute games and see how he fares, anyone thinking about primarily about cashing in on him at this stage is a prize turd.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Totally agree, and maybe its a behind the scene thing we won't understand. What's a little bit galling is Smith's comments about Sargent today, "And he probably hasn't got anywhere near where he would want to be at this moment. But, you know, give him time, and he certainly will do.

It's a tad baffling when Sargent, and others continue to get game time, and continue to underperform, yet Tzolis wasn't ever afforded that opportunity. Could a run of games got him more match sharp. AT least he'll play for twente, and whatever the defences standards, they were two cracking goals taken very well

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

The biggest differences between clubs in this day in age are the fixed matches and bias of referees towards the clubs with higher budget. If it wasn't for the corruption many clubs in europe would have better results and the top clubs would lose ALOT more than they do atm. You talk about standard but in all honesty the english league is not that great, not sure where you see the high standards? Is it in the special juices the trainers give their players or bought out referees? 

This is great. Wehaven’t had a decent parody account since, I don’t know, True Grit? Buh does his best, but occasionally comes across as almost human.

“Special juices” 🤣

It is obviously far too early to say if we have or haven't made a mistake.

If we get to the end of the season and Tzolis has torn up the Dutch League and we've failed to get promoted while struggling to create, then yeah, sure.

However it is hugely premature to be claiming this based on one good performance by him.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

It is obviously far too early to say if we have or haven't made a mistake.

If we get to the end of the season and Tzolis has torn up the Dutch League and we've failed to get promoted while struggling to create, then yeah, sure.

However it is hugely premature to be claiming this based on one good performance by him.

Actually, I'd say that's not such a bad scenario. Would the Dutch top flight be much worse than the Champs? Cantwell went Dutch for arguably the top side in the Dutch second division in Fortuna Sittard and came back ready to perform in the Champs, so if we weren't to go up, and Tzolis had a stormer for an above-average top flight Dutch side in Twente as opposed to a Dutch version of us as a yo-yo club, then he really would be in prime position to get in.

Edited by TheGunnShow

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Actually, I'd say that's not such a bad scenario. Would the Dutch top flight be much worse than the Champs? Cantwell went Dutch for arguably the top side in the Dutch second division in Fortuna Sittard and came back ready to perform in the Champs, so if we weren't to go up, and Tzolis had a stormer for an above-average top flight Dutch side in Twente as opposed to a Dutch version of us as a yo-yo club, then he really would be in prime position to get in.

It would be bad in that having kept him might have been what we needed to get promoted. But it is all entirely hypothetical.

15 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Tzolis debut - 20 minutes
2 goals
10 passes
90% pass accuracy
2 shots
2/2 accurate long balls
1/1 successful dribble
1 tackle won
2/4 duels won

Did we just manage a great talent really, really badly or is the level that much lower? 

Could he do a Toddy and come back and resurrect? 

He needed games and needed to restore his confidence. Its win win all round if his form continues.

30 minutes ago, king canary said:

It would be bad in that having kept him might have been what we needed to get promoted. But it is all entirely hypothetical.

Absolutely, but I'd say if it needed a loan to get him firing first, then the idea of "could he do it here" is sorta moot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

The fact that he is doing well shows he is an excellent prospect and so it means we will get a player back that is right up there in terms of quality, confidence and value - in other words, it's a win win. The fact that he couldn't break through last season then becomes irrelevant.....same as Todd really, it doesn't matter what happened last season as long as you learn from it and come back stronger.

Do Twente not have an option to buy for a pre-agreed price ??

Anybody know ?

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I'm not convinced he is going to want to come back. He struck a miserable figure here, but seems to be all smiles again away from Norwich.

I wonder if he's also relishing working with a different coach?

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No, there's no option to buy, it's just a season long loan.

OK, thanks, makes good sense for us.

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

If we've been told the truth.

Has anybody even seen Nunez play, or was there just someone else playing with Nunez written on the shirt. Have we really signed two South Americans? Or are they from Barnstaple and Stockport?

All I can say is it's a question for Alex Jones.

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

Take the point, but given that it looks like Todd's loan has done him the world of good, hopefully that will be the same for Tzolis.

8 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Take the point, but given that it looks like Todd's loan has done him the world of good, hopefully that will be the same for Tzolis.

Regarding Todd, I don't think it's the loan per se; it's the fact that he failed and Bournemouth didn't want him. He's run out of options so he's come home to mom.

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

If we've been told the truth.

Yup, ruled yourself out entirely as even remotely credible...

Hey folks, we're actually run by aliens and the club board sprays us with chemicals to make us compliant and more susceptible to their mind control powers. That's what chem-trails are over the ground most home matches are.

Oh, and the US interest in our club, all actors paid to make it look like we might remotely sell.

The Deliamati run the club... by the way, there's more than one of her too. She's been cloned. 

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

Hahaha! I suspect he would receive a letter from McDonalds saying, "Dear Mr Ronaldo, thank you for your application to become a burger flipper at McDonalds, unfortunately ..."

"...you are over qualified."

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

Yup, ruled yourself out entirely as even remotely credible...

Hey folks, we're actually run by aliens and the club board sprays us with chemicals to make us compliant and more susceptible to their mind control powers. That's what chem-trails are over the ground most home matches are.

Oh, and the US interest in our club, all actors paid to make it look like we might remotely sell.

The Deliamati run the club... by the way, there's more than one of her too. She's been cloned. 

I'll say much the same to you as I said to someone else who thought they were being witty. If you believe that the club always tells us the truth, you're the one who believes in fairies, not me.

3 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I'll say much the same to you as I said to someone else who thought they were being witty. If you believe that the club always tells us the truth, you're the one who believes in fairies, not me.

No, not trying to be witty. I don't believe in fairies either, that'd be you with your "if they are telling us the truth".

If you are going to call someone out for lying, you need to have evidence for it other than "You know, never trust people in power etc". They have told us when they have loaned players with an option to buy before now, so why would they not in this instance?

It makes no sense.

You can not challenge what is out there by calling it "believing in fairies" if it requires "believing in fairies" to go with your conspiracy theory. 

5 hours ago, Petriix said:

As you say, we don't know what went on behind the scenes. But I'll tell you who did know, the coaching team who saw him train day in day out. They had clearly seen nothing significant in his performance to suggest that he was likely to get any game time ahead of several other options. Thus it made perfect sense for him and the club to give the lad a chance to prove himself away on loan. I fail to see what is so controversial about this.

As for the end of last season; the manager decided that Rashica, Sargent, Springett and Rowe deserved their chance on the wing ahead of Tzolis (Which loan player would he have replaced?).

Edited by horsefly

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

As you say, we don't know what went on behind the scenes. But I'll tell you who did know, the coaching team who saw him train day in day out. They had clearly seen nothing significant in his performance to suggest that he was likely to get any game time ahead of several other options. Thus it made perfect sense for him and the club to give the lad a chance to prove himself away on loan. I fail to see what is so controversial about this.

As for the end of last season; the manager decided that Rashica, Sargent, Springett and Rowe deserved their chance on the wing ahead of Tzolis (Which loan player would he have replaced?).

Given how little all of the players you mention contributed in terms of goal threat, he arguably should have been playing instead of any of them.

There are numerous tweaks where Tzolis could have come in for Gilmour or Normann with a bit of a shuffle in midfield drop McLean back to number 6 and Tzolis could play number 10 etc. We would have benefitted far more from playing our own players as soon as it was clear we were down.