Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Will We Ever See The Flags Again ?

Almost a year gone by since they were put in a cupboard in the Lower Barclay next to the gents toilets i assume with the crowd surfing banners that made an odd appearance.

If i recall correctly at least £7000 of fans donations were handed over to purchase them and all to add to the atmosphere but it now appears they are surplus to requirements.

Waits for the usual responses whenever i mention them........

I’ve got cupboards like that in my house. “These will come in useful, I can’t throw them away…”

• Haha 2

I miss the wall of flags too. Surely that gives the players a lift when they see that as they come onto the pitch. Perhaps if we get a run of good results they may return. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Almost a year gone by since they were put in a cupboard in the Lower Barclay next to the gents toilets i assume with the crowd surfing banners that made an odd appearance.

If i recall correctly at least £7000 of fans donations were handed over to purchase them and all to add to the atmosphere but it now appears they are surplus to requirements.

Waits for the usual responses whenever i mention them........

I suspect you already know this but you could ask directly at alongcomenorwich@gmail.com.

Yeah, what’s going on with this? 

Those flag displays were brilliant. Thought it generated an atmosphere and was a source of great pride when rival fans looked on. It painted a tremendous image of  Norwich City, Carrow Road, and it’s supporters. 

Is the club preventing it? Shocking if so, and completely out of touch. The displays we’re having a hugely positive impact. 

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I suspect you already know this but you could ask directly at alongcomenorwich@gmail.com.

I don’t - care to explain?  People did give quite a bit of £ for them, I was wondering where they were yesterday (as were others).  It certainly had better not be H&S related in some form, or covid, as either would be ridiculous 

Edited by Branston Pickle

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

If i recall correctly at least £7000 of fans donations were handed over to purchase them

That’s incorrect and you know it is, fans bought merch from them and the profits got the flags. I don’t know but I think it’s the club rather than along come Norwich, but if you’re happy sh1t stirring then carry on

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

I thought it was Barclay End Project and John Punt who posts on here as Puntino.

13 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

That’s incorrect and you know it is, fans bought merch from them and the profits got the flags. I don’t know but I think it’s the club rather than along come Norwich, but if you’re happy sh1t stirring then carry on

Rather precious over a genuine question asked yet again and it is not incorrect as they appealed for donations which they got a considerable sum of money from and some fans groups helped with that as well. That £7000 was not reliant on profit from merchandise sales.

You seem to be well informed that the problem is the club so maybe you could explain further?.I was told neither Andrew Lawn or John Punt attend games anymore but i am sure you can answer that one and if i am wrong will delight in telling me so.

Reading the posts sadly for you it is not just me wondering.

Edited by TIL 1010

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Rather precious over a genuine question asked yet again and it is not incorrect as they appealed for donations which they got a considerable sum of money from and some fans groups helped with that as well. That £7000 was not reliant on profit from merchandise sales.

You seem to be well informed that the problem is the club so maybe you could explain further?.I was told neither Andrew Lawn or John Punt attend games anymore but i am sure you can answer that one and if i am wrong will delight in telling me so.

Reading the posts sadly for you it is not just me wondering.

You seem to know a lot more apart from the fact it’s along come Norwich and not the Barclay End project. I’ve re read the posts and while people are wondering only one person has some strange agenda and is sh1t stirring, everyone else says they’re missing the flags but keep trying.

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Man who oversaw a failed supporters group desperately wants another supporter group to fail.

Quite sad.

What a Plank you are so i will indulge you in a history lesson.

Formed by the late Roy Blower in 1995 who was chairman until 2007 when he resigned as he become Lord Mayor of Norwich Roy then became President 

I had been treasurer from 1995 until then and was voted in as Chairman until i resigned in 2010 to care for my elderly parents.

Robin Sainty then took over as chairman until NCISA was dissolved in 2012 and the assets were split between the current Trust and the CSF. ( £3000 remining from over £50,000 given to the club since 1995 )

Yep some failure hey ?

2 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Didnt you know? 
Webber has taken the material to create his tent 

He has converted them into Nepalese prayer flags for his next ascent 

• Haha 1

I seem to recall reading an exchange on Twitter that suggested there had been a disagreement over the use of Ukrainian flags at the Chelsea game last year.

I *think* that this was vetoed by the club and they never gave any reason as to why this support couldn’t be shown as it had in the previous game. Presumably the train of thought was that it might be seen as antagonistic given Chelsea’s Russian ownership at the time. Anyway, again that’s me guessing, no actual reason was provided as far as I know.

Since then, I’m not sure if any flags have been seen. As suggested though, somebody involved with ACN could probably provide a better answer and correct the bits I’ve got wrong. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I seem to recall reading an exchange on Twitter that suggested there had been a disagreement over the use of Ukrainian flags at the Chelsea game last year.

I *think* that this was vetoed by the club and they never gave any reason as to why this support couldn’t be shown as it had in the previous game. Presumably the train of thought was that it might be seen as antagonistic given Chelsea’s Russian ownership at the time. Anyway, again that’s me guessing, no actual reason was provided as far as I know.

Since then, I’m not sure if any flags have been seen. As suggested though, somebody involved with ACN could probably provide a better answer and correct the bits I’ve got wrong. 

See here:

AC378FAA-5549-4BD5-B687-49F00A9963BF.png

6 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

That does ring a bell Duncan but accounts for just one game in the last year. The last time the flags were seen was for just a one off game in the Regency Lower.

Good to see you yesterday and you should have stopped to speak to Simon Roy to help bale me out. 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

See here:

Can the club *** anything else up? Seriously?

they can’t even get waving flags right!

useless!

9 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

See here:

That game was on 10th March Duncan and the flags had not been used for months prior to that and i recall Peter The Deleter posting that they hoped to be back by the new year but it never happened and those last two sentences in this link tends to suggest they have thrown the towel in hence my reference to them being in a cupboard and Punt and Lawn no longer attending games.

Edited by TIL 1010

13 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Can the club *** anything else up? Seriously?

they can’t even get waving flags right!

useless!

So the club said no once, potentially for political reasons, and then the organisers haven't asked since and it the club that have ****ed it up? 

If the decision was no because of the Ukrainian angle against a club owned by an oligarch who is close to the warmonger then why would they say no now?

10 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

So the club said no once, potentially for political reasons, and then the organisers haven't asked since and it the club that have ****ed it up? 

If the decision was no because of the Ukrainian angle against a club owned by an oligarch who is close to the warmonger then why would they say no now?

Because f@&k the people running the club right now, that’s why.

stinks of the cluelessness that’s all over the back rooms of Norwich from throwing paint balloons at homophobic slurs to level 1-4 violations

what are they going to c0ck up next is the real question? Are they going to charge to use the toilets on environmental grounds?

Edited by The Real Buh

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That game was on 10th March Duncan and the flags had not been used for months prior to that and i recall Peter The Deleter posting that they hoped to be back by the new year but it never happened and those last two sentences in this link tends to suggest they have thrown the towel in hence my reference to them being in a cupboard and Punt and Lawn no longer attending games.

I’ve posted my only insight and I gleaned that from a Twitter convo I wasn’t part of! Further clarification will have to be sought from JP or the other folk involved I’m afraid.

edit: I will add that I’m sure there were some Covid concerns that played a part at some point, when those concerns were shelved I’ve no idea. 

Edited by Duncan Edwards