Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Will We Ever See The Flags Again ?

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I love @Greavsy's idea of fluorescents to complement the light shows (hopefully we'll see the lights in action tomorrow night)

Happy to help! 

As pointed out in the bham thread it won't be dark enough at kick off o'clock for a light show. 

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Happy to help! 

As pointed out in the bham thread it won't be dark enough at kick off o'clock for a light show. 

Good point well made! That will also apply to the Huddersfield and Millwall games. Could be Bristol City (September 14) or even Luton (October 18) before we see the lights in action. Plenty of time for the ACN/BEN guys to get creative, then... 🙂

Edited by Feedthewolf

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Good point well made! 

Only because I made the same schoolboy error as you, and someone else politely pointed it out to me. 

I take no credit 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Agreed - although just to address the badly / over use of a drum I think was covered in the OPS minutes with this statement 

EK provided the data returned for the musical instrument inclusion in the stadium. SH advised if the club move to bring a drum or instrument into the stadium then it will be a club appointed musician for health and safety reasons. It was also discussed that it is unlikely the musician would be in the stand for the same reasons. SH said that there is no targeted game for a musician to attend.

Musician? Using the term "musician" when talking about drummers is pushing credulity a bit.......

• Sad 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

Musician? Using the term "musician" when talking about drummers is pushing credulity a bit.......

You know what they say, if you can’t play a musical instrument take up the drums 

• Sad 1

On 07/08/2022 at 14:16, FenwayFrank said:

That’s incorrect and you know it is, fans bought merch from them and the profits got the flags. I don’t know but I think it’s the club rather than along come Norwich, but if you’re happy sh1t stirring then carry on

Just a point of order as i take it you read the post from Puntino ? i was not incorrect as he mentions the crowdfunding page. That is what happens when you play the poster and not the post so i would just stick to lurking ( as in the Dereham thread ) if i were you.

Have a nice day.

14 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I know you're being flippant, but, there are definitely more than a few drummers who deserve that term. In a way it takes less skill/coordination to play guitar than to syncopate like some of the best jazz drummers, guitarists just need to control their fingers, drummers need to coordinate their whole body.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

I know you're being flippant, but, there are definitely more than a few drummers who deserve that term. In a way it takes less skill/coordination to play guitar than to syncopate like some of the best jazz drummers, guitarists just need to control their fingers, drummers need to coordinate their whole body.

Whilst I take you point Sam (you only have to look at the state of a drummer when coming off stage after a gig to see how demanding it is, I think LDC was correct in the context of a drummer at a football match! 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just a point of order as i take it you read the post from Puntino ? i was not incorrect as he mentions the crowdfunding page. That is what happens when you play the poster and not the post so i would just stick to lurking ( as in the Dereham thread ) if i were you.

Have a nice day.

Just a point of order, you told everyone on the forum Michael Foulger wasn’t selling his shares, looks like he is.

Have a nice day

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Whilst I take you point Sam (you only have to look at the state of a drummer when coming off stage after a gig to see how demanding it is, I think LDC was correct in the context of a drummer at a football match! 

The same could be said of a trumpeter at a football match

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

Or 20k lead vocalists 😁

23 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Agreed - Having an instrument in your hand doesn't make you an musician.   

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Just a point of order, you told everyone on the forum Michael Foulger wasn’t selling his shares, looks like he is.

Have a nice day

I could tell you far more on that matter but you just squirm your way out of what i posted in relation to you claiming i was incorrect and i know it in whatever way floats your boat. I did however start a thread saying my source had it wrong and held my hands up. There were reasons for it which i have made known to a poster via PM. Maybe you should do the same over the crowdfunding  as you claimed the money raised was profit from merchandise sales all seven grand of it ?

Edited by TIL 1010

On 08/08/2022 at 13:52, Puntino said:

There was an intention to have them out for Saturday, but the number of volunteers who were available was limited (early kick off time compounded this) so we took a call not to put them out.

You should post here looking for volunteers, perhaps? 

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7518888.stm

The top drummers are proper althletes. That's why alot of the best ones died young. Nothing to do with the huge amount of drugs and alcohol. Honest 😉

I'd say l was the most ****ed after a gig. And I hadn't had the beers the others had either!

Edited by The Raptor
  • Like 2

On 09/08/2022 at 10:32, cornish sam said:

Also folks really need to consider drums as a percussionist. I say that because many drummers are percussionists and can play things like glockenspiels which are "musical" or tubular bells...

But yes, having been in orchestra's etc at school, and had lessons alongside someone who is now a professional percussionist, and I can tell you there were fantastic violinists who could just about do some aspects but not co-ordinate two hands and two feet. 

15 minutes ago, chicken said:

but not co-ordinate two hands and two feet. 

Sounds like some of our players!