Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

How important do we think Sinani will be for us this season?

I think Sinani is an interesting one. A good season at Huddersfield operating at the top of the Champs - I don't see who he could go on loan to, as we (hopefully) wouldn't let him go to a direct rival. Is he good enough to challenge for a start here though? I think that depends who stays or goes and what his pre-season is like, but at the moment definitely a contender.

• Like 2

I would think it’s probable he stays with us this season for a Championship push, good squad option with recent experience of the league we now find ourselves in. He also adds a goal scoring threat.

A lot depends on whether Cantwell and/or Rashica stay and apply themselves; obviously there's more chance of him featuring regularly if neither of them are here come the end of the window. As others have said, he's got very recent experience at the top end of this division, so I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be a good squad player.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

A lot depends on whether Cantwell and/or Rashica stay and apply themselves; obviously there's more chance of him featuring regularly if neither of them are here come the end of the window. As others have said, he's got very recent experience at the top end of this division, so I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be a good squad player.

Wasn’t he a starter at Huddersfield? If so depends on whether he wants to be a squad player and a back up if he was used to starting 

4 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Wasn’t he a starter at Huddersfield? If so depends on whether he wants to be a squad player and a back up if he was used to starting 

Played on the right for them, saw him live last season (free ticket) and he was confident with the ball at his feet, tidy passes and took a good corner

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I can't imagine he'll receive many offers better than another chance to compete at the top of the Championship. Considering where he's come from (the Luxembourg league), I'd expect him to work his ar5e off to earn a new contract with us rather than looking elsewhere. Just my best guess, though!

• Like 1

I hope he's the new buendia. I know it's a huuuuuuge ask/pressure but ever since his signing I thought he may be a jewel that we unearthed. Before anyone slags me off, I'm not stupid to think it's a massive step up but.....give him chance and I reckon he may be a find!! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

I hope he's the new buendia. I know it's a huuuuuuge ask/pressure but ever since his signing I thought he may be a jewel that we unearthed

I too was very excited by him, but never felt he'd be anywhere near that level.  All I can say is hope you're right - I think he's certainly got the potential but Emi brought a consistent performance through his hunger on the field.

Not sure I've seen that level of hunger and drive from Sinani.  You need it all to come close to Buendia levels (imo, anyway).

Seeing as we don't have much money until we start selling players, it would make sense to keep him on. Especially considering he did well for Huddersfield last season.

Despite what some are saying I think pre-season could be key for him now.

We now know Josh Martin is going to be moved on. That leaves:

Cantwell, Rashica, Dowell, Sinani, Tzolis, Hernandez, Placheta, Rowe and Springett.

Those are the players that would be first considered for a wide position, you could  throw Mumba and Sargent into the mix too.

Rumours are suggesting that Placheta will be loaned out. There has been suggestion that Hernandez could also be on his way. Question marks remain about Cantwell and I personally think it will come down to whether he signs a new contract more than anything else. Then there is Tzolis.

Dowell is more of a central AM/No.10, and depending upon formation that might be where he plays.

I would expect to see at least one of Springett and Rowe loaned out, if not both. Lower half champs team maybe? To make them a bit more competitive against our competitors but clipped when they play us?

Right now, I think if Sinani can show his talent in pre season, he has to be in with a good shout for making the squad. 

10 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I too was very excited by him, but never felt he'd be anywhere near that level.  All I can say is hope you're right - I think he's certainly got the potential but Emi brought a consistent performance through his hunger on the field.

Not sure I've seen that level of hunger and drive from Sinani.  You need it all to come close to Buendia levels (imo, anyway).

Yes and no. Buendia certainly wasn't 'that' player when we brought him in was he? If you look back over the premier league season with him he wasn't always chasing back, he often lost balls in poor positions making bad decisions. It's why he was dropped a few times. His defensive stats actually had him as having more poor passes that led to goals than any of our defenders that season.

He was also pretty bad in project restart, when it was the ideal platform for him to shine, he looked nonchalant and poor, culminating in getting a needless red card.

His defensive work was much improved during his last season with us. Instead of sat, forlorn, on the half way line spanking the turf after he'd lost the ball taking on three players, he tracked back, won the ball back, and was much better with the ball. IMHO his best season for us for a country mile and almost certainly the one that made him the price Villa paid for him. It's the most driven and dug in we have seen.

Sadly, we also know what the motivation that season was now - getting the best move possible come the summer as he was out, no matter what. 

It's just like a new signing really, if he beds in well with the others and carries on his form from last year, we could have a ready made right midfielder to chip in with a few assists and goals. 

6 minutes ago, chicken said:

I would expect to see at least one of Springett and Rowe loaned out, if not both. Lower half champs team maybe? To make them a bit more competitive against our competitors but clipped when they play us?

I think if Rowe goes out it should only be for a max of 6 months. I reckon it could be a breakthrough season for him, like when Max and Jamal came good in 18/19, and Rowe looked lively at the end of last season. Also depends on how fit Idah can stay.

We also have to remember we get to name 9 subs. It's why I think we'll hang on to players like Hugill and Sinani this season; the extra spaces in the match day squad mean we have space to accommodate them. 

Considering we don't really have a right sided option other than playing Sargent out of position, I'd say he's going to be pretty important if we don't sign another RW

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chicken said:

Yes and no. Buendia certainly wasn't 'that' player when we brought him in was he?

Lie down on the couch! What does that mean? (You're a nut... etc.)

Buendia transformed Farke's team that first season he joined (18/19).  He brought drive and hunger from day one and carried it through to 19/20 prem league:

Squawka on Twitter: "Emiliano Buendía is the only player in the 2019/20 Premier  League season with: ❍ 50+ tackles made ❍ 50+ chances created ❍ 50+ take-ons  completed And leads the division

Oh mr Kirk, I'm as upset as you, but In the prem league he was the only player in the entire division to have 50+ Tackles, 50+ chances and 50+ successful 1 on 1's.   I can't see how it's possible anyone could've missed what he brought to the team - I see nothing like that hunger with Sinani, taking ability aside.

I'm afraid expulsion is the only answer!

Edited by Google Bot

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Buendia transformed Farke's team that first season he joined (18/19).  He brought drive and hunger from day one and carried it through to 19/20 prem league:

Squawka on Twitter: "Emiliano Buendía is the only player in the 2019/20 Premier  League season with: ❍ 50+ tackles made ❍ 50+ chances created ❍ 50+ take-ons  completed And leads the division

Oh mr Kirk, I'm as upset as you, but In the prem league he was the only player in the entire division to have 50+ Tackles, 50+ chances and 50+ successful 1 on 1's.   I can't see how it's possible anyone could've missed what he brought to the team - I see nothing like that hunger with Sinani, taking ability aside.

Respect for the Avalanches nod 😎

• Haha 1

I imagine he'll be in the squad but I don't expect him to be starting week in week out. Huddersfield fans suggested he blew hugely hot and cold and we can't carry a player who only performs 50% of the time. If he can find some consistency though, who knows.

23 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Yup, the stats look ok. I would really love to know what "chances created" are though. As apparently they think his delivery from corners was far superior than it actually was in reality.

And is "tackles made" the same as successful tackles? Duels I can imagine isn't far off, I assume with 92 of those being the "take-ons" which I assume they mean players he beat with the ball at his feet.

Either way, more than one set of stats out there
image.png.1cfbd447e67d257d11ab98e3d6a55669.png
https://www.premierleague.com/players/26408/Emiliano-Buendía/stats?co=1&se=274

It looks like yours has combined interceptions and tackles. Like I say, it's nice to know how some of these sources define their categories. 

This isn't me saying he is crap, by the way, just me saying that I think it was an area of his game much improved the following season. I think that's when we saw the best of him. That's from watching games rather than looking purely at stats. Perhaps I remember him slapping the floor and getting sent off more than I should.

Oh and Dexter is criminally insane... he was white as a sheet and also made false teeth... 

Edited by chicken

38 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

I think if Rowe goes out it should only be for a max of 6 months. I reckon it could be a breakthrough season for him, like when Max and Jamal came good in 18/19, and Rowe looked lively at the end of last season. Also depends on how fit Idah can stay.

Different positions though right? Rowe is a winger isn't he? Idah being a striker.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I imagine he'll be in the squad but I don't expect him to be starting week in week out. Huddersfield fans suggested he blew hugely hot and cold and we can't carry a player who only performs 50% of the time. If he can find some consistency though, who knows.

Never mind when it comes to the wing we have Rashica, sargent, Rowe, Cantwell, Dowell, hernandez.. Not exactly short on options 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I would keep him. Although I can only really see him as a sub next season he can clearly cut in the Championship and might prove vital for us if we fail to win promotion. We signed him as a free agent as he rejected a new contract at his former club because he wanted to play at a higher level and I think we could make quite a profit if he stays and we sell him on in a few years time (although first he needs to sign a new contract as his current one expires next summer)

The arrogance of some Norwich fans. We may deign to let Sinani sit on the bench now and then. This is a player who was in a side that was within one game of making the PL, while we were stinking out that league, being possibly the worst side ever at that level other than the infamous Derby one. But Sinani, apparently, should be grateful just to warm our bench.

Many are even saying we don't just need to think about the season ahead, but to work out what we will do when we get back to the PL. When we get back? Really? No Farke, no Buendia, no Skipp, even possibly no Pukki, and we're going to p*ss this league again with 94 or 97 points?