Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Where are the new players?

5 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Those who have history of ridiculing DCB and others for their religious views should be aware of the position of the CPS regarding religious hate crime:

"Any incident/crime which is perceived by the victim or any other person to be motivated by a hostility or prejudice based on a person's religion or perceived religion."

Jesus wept, I made a joke about him believing in the big guy in the sky. Its not a religious hate crime for crying out loud. Ricky Gervais says worse on every single tour, to thousands of people.

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Jesus wept, I made a joke about him believing in the big guy in the sky. Its not a religious hate crime for crying out loud. Ricky Gervais says worse on every single tour, to thousands of people.

Yes but this is the Pink Un where storms brew in teacups 😁

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

we have a squad good enough for top championship but not good enough for PL 

i feel this is the chance to Rebuild the Midfield 

the Midfield is the biggest problem full of players good enough for champs but not PL 

i know we are in the champs but we have to improvet he squad each year 

we need some players who have potential to make the step up to PL football pace strength and a eye for a pass 

i would sell any of the Midfield to fund this as they have all proved PL is a step to far 

I have to agree with this, although we'd need to be very sure of who we're getting in before we let anyone go. Much as I don't really want to see Kenny having another crack at the PL if we get promoted, we first need to find suitors for our current crop, and then we need to be sure that what we're bringing in is better than what we've got.

It might be a better idea to cash in on Aarons or Rashica and use that money to strengthen the midfield?

Are we counting Flynn Clarke as a number 10 or a CM? I’m just wondering if they are confident of him breaking through so not buying a new player. That said why not play him last season with Rowe etc if ready.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I’m not suggesting that the line has been crossed.  Just a timely reminder that, although discussing and criticising religions can be ok,  mocking an individual for their religious beliefs is no more acceptable than it is to do so for their skin colour, sexuality etc.  Play the ball, not the person.

Edited by Naturalcynic
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Are we counting Flynn Clarke as a number 10 or a CM? I’m just wondering if they are confident of him breaking through so not buying a new player. That said why not play him last season with Rowe etc if ready.

Makes me wonder. Although I wouldn't put a rookie central midfielder or defender into a relegation crap-fest like our last season - the blow to confidence can set them back a bit. A rookie winger when we had no creativity anyway is in much more of a no-lose situation.

• Like 1

I may be a little late to the party on this one, but I think they're currently at other clubs

19 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Makes me wonder. Although I wouldn't put a rookie central midfielder or defender into a relegation crap-fest like our last season - the blow to confidence can set them back a bit. A rookie winger when we had no creativity anyway is in much more of a no-lose situation.

I’m excited. I have no idea how we will line up. Smith has a lot of options, maybe too many.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I have to agree with this, although we'd need to be very sure of who we're getting in before we let anyone go. Much as I don't really want to see Kenny having another crack at the PL if we get promoted, we first need to find suitors for our current crop, and then we need to be sure that what we're bringing in is better than what we've got.

It might be a better idea to cash in on Aarons or Rashica and use that money to strengthen the midfield?

we have to Improve each year unless the turn over would be to much if we get to the PL 

of course we have to get up first but if we do we need better players when we go up not the same 

i would sell Kenny yes he can do it in this league but has no potential for PL 

Anyone who is not good enough for the PL and we get any interest in i would sell and try and upgrade 

9 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

we have to Improve each year unless the turn over would be to much if we get to the PL 

of course we have to get up first but if we do we need better players when we go up not the same 

i would sell Kenny yes he can do it in this league but has no potential for PL 

Anyone who is not good enough for the PL and we get any interest in i would sell and try and upgrade 

I think Kenny is a squad option for the PL, and we'll need squad options beyond starters. He's also proven at this level so he's one of the last midfielders we will look to sell.

On 22/06/2022 at 12:21, hogesar said:

Nah, not having it.

You must be pretending to be this stupid. Not to just be this stupid to think this in the first place, but to then think it was a good idea to post it. 

Nailed!!

44 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think Kenny is a squad option for the PL, and we'll need squad options beyond starters. He's also proven at this level so he's one of the last midfielders we will look to sell.

Differ of Opinions there Hog

i think if we could get some money from him to rebuild 

he has been part of a midfield that has look disjointed not creating anything and not breaking up play and not scoring enough 

i dont think any of the midfield is safe from being replaced 

7 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

he has been part of a midfield that has look disjointed not creating anything and not breaking up play and not scoring enough 

You’re not wrong there, midfield has plenty of issues, but you wouldn’t want to bin and replace more than a couple of them in any one window - particularly bearing in mind that the season starts in just 5 weeks.

Edit: as Wolfie points out, we already have to replace several players who won’t be here this season, without having more leavers.

Edited by Branston Pickle

7 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Three of our six midfielders from last season have left (Gilmour, Normann, Rupp) so we should try to maintain some continuity. I don't think we should judge PLM on one season, Sorensen's versatility is useful, and Kenny is good enough for the Championship. I still think we should be looking to add to the body count rather than replace what we've got, and then move Kenny on next summer if we go up.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Three of our six midfielders from last season have left (Gilmour, Normann, Rupp) so we should try to maintain some continuity. I don't think we should judge PLM on one season, Sorensen's versatility is useful, and Kenny is good enough for the Championship. I still think we should be looking to add to the body count rather than replace what we've got, and then move Kenny on next summer if we go up.

My worry if we do go up with this squad with the players we have and the ones on contracts that maybe end next year also we would have to replace 8/9 players and that is easier in champs than PL 

we tried a large overhaul last season and it does not work 

Edited by norfolkngood

11 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

My worry if we do go up with this squad with the players we have and the ones on contracts that maybe end next year also we would have to replace 8/9 players and that is easier in champs than PL 

I don't see why we'd be trying to replace 8 or 9 first teamers next season, and like I say we need midfielders on the bench in the Prem too - I don't think we'd be capable of attracting better than Kenny as someone who'd sit on a bench at the Premier League for a relegation-threatened team. I mean I'm not even sure if he would, to be honest.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I don't see why we'd be trying to replace 8 or 9 first teamers next season, and like I say we need midfielders on the bench in the Prem too - I don't think we'd be capable of attracting better than Kenny as someone who'd sit on a bench at the Premier League for a relegation-threatened team. I mean I'm not even sure if he would, to be honest.

My opinion is No point going up with what we have , 

fresh blood is needed injection of pace and strength

someone to win the ball in Midfield  and someone to create chances 

the squad / team failed in PL badly ( twice for some players )

unless we change a lot of the players the same thing would happen next season ( if lucky enough to get up ) 

i agree with you for this season yes strong side and we have to go up which is not a given first

but if we got up then this squad in the PL would get the same results as before so overhaul needed 

Just now, norfolkngood said:

unless we change a lot of the players the same thing would happen next season ( if lucky enough to get up ) 

i agree with you for this season yes strong side and we have to go up which is not a given first

but if we got up then this squad in the PL would get the same results as before so overhaul needed 

I don't think anyone disputes this squad would not cut it in the premier league, but we aren't in the premier league, are we?

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I don't think anyone disputes this squad would not cut it in the premier league, but we aren't in the premier league, are we?

I get what he's saying, though. If the opportunity arises to sign midfielders with strength and pace, we should take it. Those were clear deficiencies in both our recent PL seasons. It's unlikely, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

25 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Therein lies the PL/Championship conundrum. Sans a beneficent billionaire owner happy to spend 100m+ on a squad for the Championship, (paying PL wages) there will always be a massive step up in quality of opponents if/when promotion is achieved. The reality of that is no doubt why City declared an aspiration of being a top 26 team with the hope of eventually becoming established in the PL. 

4 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Man says he isn’t disrespectful of faith and begins his defence with ‘Jesus wept’ keep digging Hoggy! 😜

Surely that is being respectful as he is invoking the good word (John 11:35) to express his understanding and remorse...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Therein lies the PL/Championship conundrum. Sans a beneficent billionaire owner happy to spend 100m+ on a squad for the Championship, (paying PL wages) there will always be a massive step up in quality of opponents if/when promotion is achieved. The reality of that is no doubt why City declared an aspiration of being a top 26 team with the hope of eventually becoming established in the PL. 

yes thats my Point ( i never put it across well )

i know we are in the champs and i know we have to win it or go up first 

but now is the chance to shape a team , that IF we do go up we can bolt a few on instead of major changes to team 

Easier said than done i know 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

yes thats my Point ( i never put it across well )

i know we are in the champs and i know we have to win it or go up first 

but now is the chance to shape a team , that IF we do go up we can bolt a few on instead of major changes to team 

Easier said than done i know 

Yep! I think the Hayden deal represents a good example of that. Perhaps that shows the way to go in trying to recruit PL class players; loans with a commitment to buy upon promotion. Otherwise it becomes hard to see how we can afford proven PL quality players. A core of such players combined with several of our current squad stepping up in performance is likely to be our best opportunity at maintaining a PL presence. Anyone know how many players we are permitted to recruit on loan?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Yep! I think the Hayden deal represents a good example of that. Perhaps that shows the way to go in trying to recruit PL class players; loans with a commitment to buy upon promotion. Otherwise it becomes hard to see how we can afford proven PL quality players. A core of such players combined with several of our current squad stepping up in performance is likely to be our best opportunity at maintaining a PL presence. Anyone know how many players we are permitted to recruit on loan?

i also think that is a must in a loan the right to buy 

if the player fits does well proves himself and is a asset to the team then nothing worse seeing them going back at the end of season 

It has the same as last seasons feeling that we are once again screwing up this transfer window with a sporting director more interested in climbing hills rather than sorting out the squad 

Webber out Cullen in 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i also think that is a must in a loan the right to buy 

if the player fits does well proves himself and is a asset to the team then nothing worse seeing them going back at the end of season 

Indeed! It also establishes that the player loaned has a commitment to stay at the club, and thus has every reason to put in 100% effort.

6 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

No point going up unless there is a change of ownership with new money pumped into the club by way of allocating all the unallocated shares.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

Those who have history of ridiculing DCB and others for their religious views should be aware of the position of the CPS regarding religious hate crime:

"Any incident/crime which is perceived by the victim or any other person to be motivated by a hostility or prejudice based on a person's religion or perceived religion."

I would just like to point out you spent an entire thread telling me that I was some flavour of Christian hating nasty.

That was despite me telling you that making a bunch of assumptions is for the foolish and frankly, the stupid.

So as this is likely to include me, I would just like to point out I am Christian, contrary to your many idiotic accusations. It doesn't mean I have to agree with how other "Christians" project their religion, their opinions of "our" religion, or indeed, how they force it upon others.

You were one of two people who derailed an entire thread to accuse other people of hating Christianity more than Islam. You've so many chips on your shoulder I want to send you some battered cod to go with them.

So yeah, perhaps next time, before stepping out, yet again, to suggest that you and/or DCB are entirely innocent persecuted Christians, please just stop. It's embarrassing.