Badger

Isaac Hayden to sign?

Yep, have a look at the NCFC twitter account, they just posted a cryptic message. Looks like Newcastle beat them to the reveal!

Seems a very good signing for this level...had any other championship club have got him we'd be saying exactly that

One in the eye for the 'no more loan signings' brigade

...now can we get Dwight Gayle from the same club too please???

• Like 1

Seems to fit the bill - over 100 games in the premier league and 27.

So are we satisfied with this (obviously not DCB 😉)

Arsène Wenger has described Hayden as a player whose key assets are concentration, intelligence and strength. Equally comfortable at centre-back or in central midfield, whilst having also previously featured at right-back and as a playmaker.[22]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Hayden

Edited by Badger
Added information

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Seems a very good signing for this level...had any other championship club have got him we'd be saying exactly that

One in the eye for the 'no more loan signings' brigade

...now can we get Dwight Gayle from the same club too please???

Gayle has scored 5 goals in the last 3 seasons and is 32 years old. I'd rather not.

• Like 4

Big strong defensive midfielder? Proven in the top flight? I mean only on loan but obligation to buy so.. Not going to get too excitied as we know how the last big strong midfielder on loan went, but Newcastle fans have nothing but good things to say about him. Funnily enough a lot of things we tend to say about Aarons is how they are talking about him, great bloke, just gets on with it always plays never complains  and model pro and all that.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Big strong defensive midfielder? Proven in the top flight? I mean only on loan but obligation to buy so.. Not going to get too excitied as we know how the last big strong midfielder on loan went, but Newcastle fans have nothing but good things to say about him

Sorry I beat you to it CC! 😇

Edited by Badger
Corrected spelling
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Big strong defensive midfielder? Proven in the top flight? I mean only on loan but obligation to buy so.. Not going to get too excitied as we know how the last big strong midfielder on loan went, but Newcastle fans have nothing but good things to say about him

How come you missed out on starting this thread cambridge ? 😜

• Haha 2

Only rather concerning thing about him that I can spot on social media is Newcastle fans saying he's rather injury prone and that he has spent quite some time out injured in the past . Do we never learn?🤣

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Seems a decent signing on paper, but after last summer I refuse to get excited unless we sign Haaland 😁

• Haha 3

Still using the old training kit in the signing promo, so the new badge isn't in full affect yet! There's still hope that they've had a change of heart!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Seems a decent signing on paper, but after last summer I refuse to get excited unless we sign Haaland 😁

We could use an experienced head in defensive midfield, so let's see if Alfie's still got it. 😉

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Only rather concerning thing about him that I can spot on social media is Newcastle fans saying he's rather injury prone and that he has spent quite some time out injured in the past . Do we never learn?🤣

Excluding the season just gone, he's played over 20 games per season in the PL for Newcastle. Sounds like he will certainly get knocks but he has been available more often than not.

I don't care how many presents you buy me, Webber. You're never going to win me back.

Edited by Pyro Pete
  • Like 2

Happy with this for a stop gap whilst in the Champ,

But I pray we haven't got a mandatory promotion clause in there 

Wouldn't want to be building a Premier League team around him.

14 minutes ago, NorfBhoy66 said:

early days, look how last seasons loans turned

3 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Happy with this for a stop gap whilst in the Champ,

But I pray we haven't got a mandatory promotion clause in there 

Wouldn't want to be building a Premier League team around him.

Well now

Every silver lining has a cloud, right?!

• Like 2

Interesting snippet from the North East.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-midfielder-isaac-hayden-joins-24168229

Norwich have an obligation to make the deal for Hayden permanent should 'specific performance-related criteria' be met throughout the 2022/23 season.

I suppose he meets the criteria he'll be a good buy.

Happy with this as long as his injury problems are behind him.

Wonder what it means for Sorenson- is now just the backup utility man?

Also, nice to see we're back to transfers coming out of nowhere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Interesting snippet from the North East.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-midfielder-isaac-hayden-joins-24168229

Norwich have an obligation to make the deal for Hayden permanent should 'specific performance-related criteria' be met throughout the 2022/23 season.

I suppose he meets the criteria he'll be a good buy.

You'd assume its about games played- sensible considering his injury history, don't want to be committed if he's crocked.