Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Ticket Prices

National League play-off final is £40 for adults & £20 for u16/pensioners.

Reports today that the 1st test at Lords hasn't sold out yet, tickets are £100.

The play-off final on Sunday was 10,000 short of capacity.

Looks like people are voting with their wallets.

9 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

National League play-off final is £40 for adults & £20 for u16/pensioners.

Reports today that the 1st test at Lords hasn't sold out yet, tickets are £100.

The play-off final on Sunday was 10,000 short of capacity.

Looks like people are voting with their wallets.

There looked to be a fair few empty seats at the Huddersfield end, although the Rugby League Cup Final took place the same weekend so that will probably have reduced numbers a bit.

I don't think people are voting with their wallets, rather they are acting within their financial capability.

I filled up the car yesterday. Nearly empty to full. During the first lockdown, when prices plummeted, it cost just £35. Now it costs me £80. It's unreal.

9 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I don't think people are voting with their wallets, rather they are acting within their financial capability.

I filled up the car yesterday. Nearly empty to full. During the first lockdown, when prices plummeted, it cost just £35. Now it costs me £80. It's unreal.

Jesus! Where were you getting petrol for under 90p a litre back then? 

36 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I know it's gone crazy, but your lockdown fill up has to have been fewer litres?

£35 to £80 means that if it was the same, then diesel would have been 83 pence a litre if my maths is correct, assuming it is now £1.90

It’s certainly true that petrol at our local Esso has steepled from little over £1 during Covid to £1.759 at the moment, which is a hefty increase by any measure.  Fortunately I don’t rely on the car for a lot, I can easily bike, walk or bus the 4-odd miles to work (or wfh), but for some it must be proving expensive to get about on top of everything else.

I did wonder how much tickets will be next season - away games could be pretty much anything.  Have we announced our casual prices yet? I don’t suppose they will be much cheaper, though presumably without the £48 matches.

Edited by Branston Pickle

14 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Jesus! Where were you getting petrol for under 90p a litre back then? 

13 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

I know it's gone crazy, but your lockdown fill up has to have been fewer litres?

£35 to £80 means that if it was the same, then diesel would have been 83 pence a litre if my maths is correct, assuming it is now £1.90

Talk about missing the ****ing point 

It will be interesting to see what the match day ticket prices will be at Carrow Road next season, are people really going to have to pay up to £48 plus fees to watch Championship football?

For the long term good of the game pricing the peasants out of the game is no bad thing 

Just renewed my seat at Wembley for this years NFL game, £84 plus a £10 (ten) booking fee and they have decided not to send paper tickets anymore, saving them money.  

No doubt a beer will be over £7 again, so I wont be partaking in one of those.  

Events are going to have to realise soon its all becoming a bit much. 

10 minutes ago, Ren said:

Just renewed my seat at Wembley for this years NFL game, £84 plus a £10 (ten) booking fee and they have decided not to send paper tickets anymore, saving them money.  

No doubt a beer will be over £7 again, so I wont be partaking in one of those.  

Events are going to have to realise soon its all becoming a bit much. 

I booked tickets for the big WWE show in Cardiff (yes, I'm that big of a nerd) and the prices are scandalously high- there was some expectation that they'd basically be in an instant sell out but a decent chunk of the tickets that weren't that close to the ring cost £225, so there are still huge numbers available. 

• Like 1

I thought Broad's comments on the BBC website about England having to entertain in the tests has missed the point as well, which is a shame a player is peddling such nonsense, given the ticket pricing.  Until the authorities realise they have to cut their cloth to ensure people continue to attend they will fail - simple supply & demand economics at the moment; the supply is priced too high, the demand has therefore vanished.  As for double digit booking fees, that's almost as scandalous as agent's fees on player transfers.

Edited by shefcanary

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I booked tickets for the big WWE show in Cardiff (yes, I'm that big of a nerd) and the prices are scandalously high- there was some expectation that they'd basically be in an instant sell out but a decent chunk of the tickets that weren't that close to the ring cost £225, so there are still huge numbers available. 

I know a couple of people going to this and I think they said even tickets up in the gods at the Millennium are around £100.

Sounds like the promoters have got this badly wrong.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

TWO HUNDRED POUNDS FOR WRESTLING?!

Football is looking better value day by day. 

• Haha 2

Music will also have to cut its cloth.  I bought Killers recently for £80, Roxy Music in October for £70, given the size of the audience they are raking in £5-10m a gig, at some point that bubble will burst too.

15 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Music will also have to cut its cloth.  I bought Killers recently for £80, Roxy Music in October for £70, given the size of the audience they are raking in £5-10m a gig, at some point that bubble will burst too.

I once saw OMD at K Block UEA for 50p.

Selector, Madness & The Specials on the same bill for £1.25.

The Jam for £2.00 ( had to queue up overnight to get those tickets).

I'm so glad I'm old and got to see bands when it was cheap. 😀

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, hogesar said:

TWO HUNDRED POUNDS FOR WRESTLING?!

Football is looking better value day by day. 

I think the most ewxpensive tickets were over £1000 for ringside so....yeah.

To be fair this is the first major event they've run in the UK for 30 years and the card will be stacked so it is more like an Anthony Joshua/Tyson Fury world title fight than a standard event. Even then though, the prices seem extreme and I wonder if they'll have to drop them or even upgrade some people into the better seats. 

40 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I know a couple of people going to this and I think they said even tickets up in the gods at the Millennium are around £100.

Sounds like the promoters have got this badly wrong.

I paid £67 for mine and that felt steep but the fact some tickets in the top tier of the stadium are over £200 is insane. 

23 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I used to be a regular at Brixton academy and I remember the outrage at tickets going over the £10 mark.  Not quite in the same league as yourself, but it felt expensive at the time. 

19 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

We were at the same gigs and I was 2nd or 3rd in queue for the Jam tickets from Robins Records, it was OMD's first full tour and they only had eight songs so played some twice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Ah, the old days when you could see a band and get reyt trolleyed for less than a fiver!  Kids today, hey.

Interestingly I've just had a text from Ticketmaster offering 2-4-1 on a number of gigs over the summer, it does seem to be biting!

8 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Ah, the old days when you could see a band and get reyt trolleyed for less than a fiver!  Kids today, hey.

Interestingly I've just had a text from Ticketmaster offering 2-4-1 on a number of gigs over the summer, it does seem to be biting!

I got a similar email, although there are not enough free tickets in the world to get me to a Simply Red gig.

• Haha 1

Just to remember last time I saw a football match at carrow road it cost me 50p- would never dream of spending £48 pounds per  match ? especially in this time of hardship for many. its a week shopping for many . 

I wonder what percentage of people can afford what is happening at the moment with the cost of everything going up and be able to carry on as before?  Only the very well off will be thinking it is just a minor inconvenience, but most of us will be thinking twice about stuff we might have taken for granted when inflation was low. 

1 hour ago, baldy09 said:

Just to remember last time I saw a football match at carrow road it cost me 50p- would never dream of spending £48 pounds per  match ? especially in this time of hardship for many. its a week shopping for many . 

Fifty - b*oody - pee ??? !!! They saw you coming.

Hope we won....😀

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I wonder what percentage of people can afford what is happening at the moment with the cost of everything going up and be able to carry on as before?  Only the very well off will be thinking it is just a minor inconvenience, but most of us will be thinking twice about stuff we might have taken for granted when inflation was low. 

When you’re in the last few furlongs of life a ticket to watch the team you love won’t break the bank. 

7 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

We were at the same gigs and I was 2nd or 3rd in queue for the Jam tickets from Robins Records, it was OMD's first full tour and they only had eight songs so played some twice. 

I was further back in the queue ☹️, was so annoyed that The Jam tickets had gone I walked away even though Madness tickets were still available