Pete Raven

EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks

The positive is a fresh perspective and a foot in the door.

Will we get to know the purchase price? Could just be presented as a private transaction. Then again a Community Club with true commitment to transparency ought to be willing to disclose even if under no obligation.

You could look at it from the point of view of us just buying in expertise on to the board. Reportedly like minded people, it is a good fit for them and for us. We get their expertise and perhaps some money in the form of a director's loan and they get the chance to be involved in English football with a view to making their mark in the PL if we can get there again.

It would make for a more efficient and effective board and it offers the possibility of future investment, without wholesale takeover. DS and MJW have relied on others to guide them in football matters over the years, more so the older they get - the most recent with Ed Balls reportedly being a big factor in the change to SD/head coach format - and the passing on of all football matters to Webber - and with Anastasio on board we should be a bit more savvy at board level.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The positive is a fresh perspective and a foot in the door.

Will we get to know the purchase price? Could just be presented as a private transaction. Then again a Community Club with true commitment to transparency ought to be willing to disclose even if under no obligation.

You will only get to find out the price if new shares are allocated.

15 minutes ago, essex canary said:

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You could look at it from the point of view of us just buying in expertise on to the board. Reportedly like minded people, it is a good fit for them and for us. We get their expertise and perhaps some money in the form of a director's loan and they get the chance to be involved in English football with a view to making their mark in the PL if we can get there again.

It would make for a more efficient and effective board and it offers the possibility of future investment, without wholesale takeover. DS and MJW have relied on others to guide them in football matters over the years, more so the older they get - the most recent with Ed Balls reportedly being a big factor in the change to SD/head coach format - and the passing on of all football matters to Webber - and with Anastasio on board we should be a bit more savvy at board level.

Makes you wonder if Attanasio, or his people, are coming in to at as a potential boss for Webber and to mop up corporate governance issues.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Given that Kieran Maguire quoted an estimated outright market value of the club of about £100m, it follows that Foulger's shares would be worth around £15-20m. As you say though, if he's desperate then I suppose he could go for less. 

I don't think that it was an estimate as such just given as an approximate figure. The rumours are that Sheffield Utd are being sold for £115 million and I'd have thought that we were worth a bit more than them especially as Shef has suggested that their owner needs the money?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61177119

If anybody thinks Michael Foulger is going to sell his shareholding to the Americans and walk away from Carrow Road are well wide of the mark.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

I don't think that it was an estimate as such just given as an approximate figure. The rumours are that Sheffield Utd are being sold for £115 million and I'd have thought that we were worth a bit more than them especially as Shef has suggested that their owner needs the money?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61177119

I must be honest, 100 million surprised me as well, as transfermarkt values us at £147m accounting for assets and liabilities, but I'm no expert. 

Speaking of Sheffield Utd, doesn't seem long ago that people were speaking enviously of them here for getting a second season in the prem having shelled out a fortune to get one. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I must be honest, 100 million surprised me as well, as transfermarkt values us at £147m accounting for assets and liabilities, but I'm no expert. 

Speaking of Sheffield Utd, doesn't seem long ago that people were speaking enviously of them here for getting a second season in the prem having shelled out a fortune to get one. 

The season we went up with Sheffield United, both non-parachute, our turnover was £33 million plus whilst theirs was only £20 million therefore logically we must be worth more.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

If anybody thinks Michael Foulger is going to sell his shareholding to the Americans and walk away from Carrow Road are well wide of the mark.

What makes you say that?

5 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Delia is hoping the investment gets us up again and then helps us stay there... at which point her shares are worth more than if she were to take a bid right now. Backs up what I've said all along this thread, part of Delia's reluctance to sell through the years has been financial. 

It could work both ways, Could also ben seen less of a risk to them if they're very much in that testing the water stage.

Sure they would be paying more for her shares in the prem league, but there could be a deal where any investment in the interim offsets a percentage of that purchase should we make a swift return.

It's all just leaked info at this point, could be anything from 1% to majority takeover, we'll not know until it manifests.

9 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

When people mention Sheffield United I just think Lyss Mouset, Rhian Brewster and Ollie Mcburnie 

£60m pissed up the wall.  On only 3 players .....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

£60m pissed up the wall.  On only 3 players .....

Nine goals from all three of them last season although Brewster was injured a fair bit and Mousset went on loan in the second part of the season.

Edited by FenwayFrank

24 minutes ago, king canary said:

What makes you say that?

I really wish i could tell you but just sit back and wait for the official announcement as to waht is actually going to happen.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I really wish i could tell you but just sit back and wait for the official announcement as to waht is actually going to happen.

Captain Canary - Civil War

16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Intriguing.  Duncan implies Foulger went behind Delia's back to sell his shares and you imply he's going nowhere.  Hmmm 🤔 While I cogitate on that, any idea how soon we get that "official announcement"?

20 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You must have signed the Carrow version of the Official Secrets Act.

Mr. Carrow in disguise.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Intriguing.  Duncan implies Foulger went behind Delia's back to sell his shares and you imply he's going nowhere.  Hmmm 🤔 While I cogitate on that, any idea how soon we get that "official announcement"?

You are obviously unaware when Duncan is being mischievous with some of his posts on here shef.

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You are obviously unaware when Duncan is being mischievous with some of his posts on here shef.

Or am I? 😉  And you can be evasive too.  When are you expecting an "official announcement"? 😎

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Fun and games. The EDP did very well to break the story but looks as If it is now being punished by way of the club giving what little info and spin there is to other media outlets, which the EDP is then forced to quote. And there seems to be zilch from the American side.

Nothing so far makes total sense as a permanent deal. Only buying Foulger’s shares certainly doesn’t, if that is true, apart from allowing Attanasio to have at least one person on the board. S&J keeping a majority holding only makes sense in the short term, and any viable permanent deal that the Americans would agree to surely has to see them lose that majority.

The one if not certainty then likelihood is, as a poster here said a while back, that the Nephew Plan was only the plan until a better one came along. I believe that sooner or later, with Attanasio or someone else, what emerges will see a significantly changed board of directors and will not see nephew Tom with a majority holding.

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Fun and games. The EDP did very well to break the story but looks as If it is now being punished by way of the club giving what little info and spin there is to other media outlets, which the EDP is then forced to quote. And there seems to be zilch from the American side.

Nothing so far makes total sense as a permanent deal. Only buying Foulger’s shares certainly doesn’t, if that is true, apart from allowing Attanasio to have at least one person on the board. S&J keeping a majority holding only makes sense in the short term, and any viable permanent deal that the Americans would agree to surely has to see them lose that majority.

The one if not certainty then likelihood is, as a poster here said a while back, that the Nephew Plan was only the plan until a better one came along. I believe that sooner or later, with Attanasio or someone else, what emerges will see a significantly changed board of directors and will not see nephew Tom with a majority holding.

I cannot make head nor tail of recent rumours & headlines, so am taking lack of official news as being a positive sign. We're 10 days on now from the Spurs match, as EDP has made it public with nothing official from the club implies negotiations must still be ongoing.  Why keep negotiations going that long if nothing positive is possible.  Where are our spies in the legal offices of Norwich & Milwaukee?

6 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I cannot make head nor tail of recent rumours & headlines, so am taking lack of official news as being a positive sign. We're 10 days on now from the Spurs match, as EDP has made it public with nothing official from the club implies negotiations must still be ongoing.  Why keep negotiations going that long if nothing positive is possible.  Where are our spies in the legal offices of Norwich & Milwaukee?

The EDP didn’t know anything of any significance, hence the zero-detail exposé. All about the ongoing posturing between them and the club. As I keep saying, I don’t think either side is coming out of this with any credit. Imagine if this “Gotcha!” Scoop undermined the deal? The Bedsheet Bandits would raze Archant Towers to the ground! 

Edited by Duncan Edwards

17 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Tom deserves a huge amount of respect for bringing this to the table. Would be completely unfair if the Galway Roast thing was seen as his only contribution. 

• Haha 1

How about the Milwaukee investors offer a price to buyout as many small minority shareholders as want out?

An offer of £80 per share would give such shareholders a return broadly equivalent to the UK House price index for the last 20 years whilst for the new investors their up to 29% stake would be acquired for up to £14.3 million - about 10% of estimated club value. 

Hopefully most people would be tempted because as small shareholders we can claim a good return whilst giving them scope for further fund injection into the Club.

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

How about the Milwaukee investors offer a price to buyout as many small minority shareholders as want out?

An offer of £80 per share would give such shareholders a return broadly equivalent to the UK House price index for the last 20 years whilst for the new investors their up to 29% stake would be acquired for up to £14.3 million - about 10% of estimated club value. 

Hopefully most people would be tempted because as small shareholders we can claim a good return whilst giving them scope for further fund injection into the Club.

Like this idea. The smaller shareholders could then donate any profit gained back into the club as a show of goodwill as any true fan and partial custodian would. Could set a precedent? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Like this idea. The smaller shareholders could then donate any profit gained back into the club as a show of goodwill as any true fan and partial custodian would. Could set a precedent? 

👌Ooh you are awful..... But I like it!!!

• Haha 1

Norwich's shares aren't publicly listed are they? Is there any actual source of how many shares there are and a value for each share or can it only be guesswork? 

13 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

No, he can sell his shares and buy a season ticket like everyone else.

For the Americans the sums involved are chicken feed, but ironically it may be the price of chicken feed which has caused this opportunity to arise in the first place.