TIL 1010

Stuart Webber Has Been Reported Missing.

13 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

'I resign' would be a good start.

OTBC

Sounds good for me ; with immediate effect.

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Seriously? Ridiculous. 

Why is it such a ridiculous call. He has already put someone in as his assistant? Or was this just done so he could swan off on his climbing holidays. 

7 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Why is it such a ridiculous call. He has already put someone in as his assistant? Or was this just done so he could swan off on his climbing holidays. 

Why it's ridiculous? Because the track record for success and overall progress for the club in this era has been very good. The only box not ticked is achieving Premier league survival after promotion. 

We've won the Championship twice in the last two Championship seasons under his tenure. Funnily enough, we're playing in the Championship next season, which is why only a complete fool would want him to go at this point. 

3 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Webber was quick enough to tell us all about mcnally wasting money 💰 

be nice to hear from him about this season’s success stories! 

McNally and especially Chase were much better than Webber.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Why it's ridiculous? Because the track record for success and overall progress for the club in this era has been very good. The only box not ticked is achieving Premier league survival after promotion. 

We've won the Championship twice in the last two Championship seasons under his tenure. Funnily enough, we're playing in the Championship next season, which is why only a complete fool would want him to go at this point. 

He is a massive ego , that's all he is. His time is up. As I said . He put adams as his assistant. Let Adams and the SAS get on with it. Are you telling me now that Adams won't be able to do the job. Are you telling me the ego is the only one capable of doing the job. Nonsense if you think that. This season is a complete and utter train crash . In his own words ( blame me). He thinks he is bigger than Norwich city. Go now and let some people who are interested in Norwich get on with the job in hand.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Seriously? Ridiculous. 

"I have to make sure we learn from this and do it better. The only way we’ll find out if we have learned is if we get another chance. If we do the same things, then I deserve to be hung up."

I take the man at his word. Don't you?

Not one of his signings this year can be considered a nailed on success. The majority were f*cking awful.

He sold our best player before the season started. Nice.

He defecated 60 million up the wall. If that wall was 10,000 metres long by 10,000 metres high, it would be coated from top to bottom in shat with buckets to spare. Covered. Soaked. Enveloped.

Have you forgotten Josh 'I have a worse first touch than your average Catholic Priest' Sargent? Move over Dean Coney, there's a new man-shaped donkey in town.

The final straw was his p1ss take of an interview where he basically got his c0ck and balls out and slapped every Norwich fan hard across the face with his meat stick. 

So yes, he can go and fornicate off up Everest.

19 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

.....which is why only a complete fool would want him to go at this point. 

Thanks - I'll wear my fool badge with pride, as always. 👍

Bed calls.

OTBC

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

Let’s hear from you, Stu..!

He has proven that he is an incompetent sporting director. He knows he has been winging it and riding his luck, so no doubt he will say something like, he is at a cross roads in his life and wants to pursue other interests away from football.

We need to let DS bring in his own players not some clueless arrogant tool 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Not one of his signings this year can be considered a nailed on success. The majority were f*cking awful.

Yes, but as has been mentioned umpteen million times the entire recruitment process was disrupted by losing key people in that process during last Summer's transfer window. It's idiotic to lay it all on his doorstep in the mindless pursuit of a whipping boy or girl. 

People like you deserve to support a League one team. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Yes, but as has been mentioned umpteen million times the entire recruitment process was disrupted by losing key people in that process. It's idiotic to lay it all on his doorstep in the mindless pursuit of a whipping boy or girl. 

Everyone likes their pound of flesh I’m afraid. Equally Webber, in his ill timed interviews, appears like he’s outgrown Norwich and his heart isn’t in it. Things naturally, messily or not, come to an end. He’s done a great job with limited funds but given how the relationship between him and fans seems to have frayed it might take a minor miracle to get them back on side. And something tells me he doesn’t really care to either. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

Everyone likes their pound of flesh I’m afraid. Equally Webber, in his ill timed interviews, appears like he’s outgrown Norwich and his heart isn’t in it. Things naturally, messily or not, come to an end. He’s done a great job with limited funds but given how the relationship between him and fans seems to have frayed it might take a minor miracle to get them back on side. And something tells me he doesn’t really care to either. 

If so, it's the fans' loss; not his. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Yes, but as has been mentioned umpteen million times the entire recruitment process was disrupted by losing key people in that process during last Summer's transfer window. It's idiotic to lay it all on his doorstep in the mindless pursuit of a whipping boy or girl. 

Did they only look at people to recruit just before signing them? I’d have hoped the majority of work on a shortlist would have been done before Scott left in August.

53 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

With logic like this we shouldn’t have sacked Farke! Only a fool would want a two time Championship manager / coach sacked!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Monty13 said:

Did they only look at people to recruit just before signing them? I’d have hoped the majority of work on a shortlist would have been done before Scott left in August.

Summer transfer markets are chaotic at best. Opportunities you think might be there disappear and new opportunities come along quickly that need dealing with quickly. People suddenly disappearing who are key in the process throws a massive spanner in the works. 

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

With logic like this we shouldn’t have sacked Farke! Only a fool would want a two time Championship manager / coach sacked!

Quite. And it's notable that some who supported dispatching Farke now complain of a supposed lack of identity (not that there's much opportunity to express identity when our whole squad has been outclassed man for man most weeks).

I was against sacking Farke because I was certain nothing was going to keep us up. I'm pleased that we got a good replacement like DS, who has exactly the right pedigree for the next task ahead. 

On the other hand, Farke's sacking did demonstrate quite clearly that the club's leadership is far more committed to trying to make a go of it in the Premier League than many would suggest in their histrionics. 

The club put up a lot more money to try and survive this time around and it didn't work. The signing's largely sucked. What's needed is people to pick through the bones of what went wrong in detail and work out what needs to be done better to succeed next time. Silly people calling for token sackings that do nothing other than disrupt the team responsible for doing so adds nothing. 

• Like 1

Webber has now given himself a mountain to climb. 

Next year expect us to go with a little Nepalese lad up front and a Yeti between the sticks. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

Webber has now given himself a mountain to climb. 

Next year expect us to go with a little Nepalese lad up front and a Yeti between the sticks. 

“Couldn’t do no worse” 

10 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's not so long ago that all of Farke's pre-match commentaries seemed to be greeted with 'we're sick of hearing it'. More recently there have been complaints about poor communications from the club, which strikes me as a bit 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'. 

I'm intrigued what people want to hear from Webber that will magically fix everything; if there isn't anything he can say that can magically fix everything then it's probably better that he and everyone else in the club get their heads together and figure out how to actually do better next time. 

The fact that any failure is invariably greeted with pointless ad hominem attacks on those off the pitch is incredibly boring. 

He's a paid employee of the club and has to fulfil the duties of his role. Perhaps he can't say much more than 'Oops!' but he should still say it.

8 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

I want more than a pound Danke; I'm a greedy boy.

I'd say about 10% of his body weight will do - I gather he has that to spare...

OTBC

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

'People like you'.

Nice! Stay classy littleyellowbirdie! 

And I have supported a League One team already - I was at Charlton when Lord Nelson gave us the nod. What a glorious day!

OTBC

17 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

'People like you'.

Nice! Stay classy littleyellowbirdie! 

And I have supported a League One team already - I was at Charlton when Lord Nelson gave us the nod. What a glorious day!

OTBC

I was more alluding to the fact that we were a League One team a decade ago, but yeah. Sorry, but I'm not a big believer in sacking people as a magic bullet, based on past evidence, I don't like people being scapegoated, and I definitiely support people having a go back when people try to scapegoat them. 

12 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

I think that £100m could be discounted by £50m for Maddison and Godfrey couldn’t it?

Parma 

12 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

He was quick off the mark with his £100million pi$$ed uip the wall statement when he arrived so i want some words from him over the £60million he pi$$ed up the wall this season.

Well, in the same argument he will say generating £35 million for buendia only leaves £25 million, and then he could argue he invested in young players who could yet realise their potential. So there's a chance there was no money pi$$ed up a wall, just not spent correctly for Premier League survival.

9 hours ago, Mengo said:

He is a massive ego , that's all he is. His time is up. As I said . He put adams as his assistant. Let Adams and the SAS get on with it. Are you telling me now that Adams won't be able to do the job. Are you telling me the ego is the only one capable of doing the job. Nonsense if you think that. This season is a complete and utter train crash . In his own words ( blame me). He thinks he is bigger than Norwich city. Go now and let some people who are interested in Norwich get on with the job in hand.

I have very little faith that Adams is up to the job to be fair. But I suppose at least it would be the pinnacle of his career and he wouldn’t constantly tell us how he’s off soon and treat the fans with contempt. 

9 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Quite. And it's notable that some who supported dispatching Farke now complain of a supposed lack of identity (not that there's much opportunity to express identity when our whole squad has been outclassed man for man most weeks).

I was against sacking Farke because I was certain nothing was going to keep us up. I'm pleased that we got a good replacement like DS, who has exactly the right pedigree for the next task ahead. 

On the other hand, Farke's sacking did demonstrate quite clearly that the club's leadership is far more committed to trying to make a go of it in the Premier League than many would suggest in their histrionics. 

The club put up a lot more money to try and survive this time around and it didn't work. The signing's largely sucked. What's needed is people to pick through the bones of what went wrong in detail and work out what needs to be done better to succeed next time. Silly people calling for token sackings that do nothing other than disrupt the team responsible for doing so adds nothing. 

The big issue for me is it doesn’t take hindsight to see what we’ve wrong. We (the fans) were perhaps a little blinded by the fact we made lots of signings but even at the time it was being pointed out that we’d signed players we perhaps didn’t need and not addressed the critical area in the central midfield. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I have very little faith that Adams is up to the job to be fair. But I suppose at least it would be the pinnacle of his career and he wouldn’t constantly tell us how he’s off soon and treat the fans with contempt. 

On the footballing side, I would expect Adams to be at least Webber's equal. In other areas he would probably be greatly inferior to Webber at his best. But Webber isn't at his best anymore. He wants to move on, and we should help him do this in my opinion.

• Like 1

hogesar     4,760

Posted 54 minutes ago

13 hours ago,  Parma Ham's gone mouldy said: 

I think that £100m could be discounted by £50m for Maddison and Godfrey couldn’t it?

Parma 

13 hours ago,  TIL 1010 said: 

He was quick off the mark with his £100million pi$$ed uip the wall statement when he arrived so i want some words from him over the £60million he pi$$ed up the wall this season.

Well, in the same argument he will say generating £35 million for buendia only leaves £25 million, and then he could argue he invested in young players who could yet realise their potential. So there's a chance there was no money pi$$ed up a wall, just not spent correctly for Premier League survival.

—————————-

Of course. Though it only goes to further show that the original statement was clumsy-classic CEO new-broom speak.

The further truth is that Klose was a good signing - for the here-and-now, Pinto was worth his money and performed in the here-and-now, Naismith went wrong (though I would argue - and thought myself at the time -that he was a great signing). Maddison and Godfrey were brilliant signings. 

All in the terrible ‘pissed up the wall’ window. So not that terrible then. 

Buendia, Pukki, Krul are all great signings. Though I personally cannot yet see the £50m of ‘jam tomorrow’ that has been signed to pass on as trustees for tomorrow’s Webber. I will be quite happy to be wrong. 

Parma

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

If I was in charge of spending £60m and bought a load of ****e with it then tried to blame it on the fact one or two of my underlings quit my bosses would tell me to do one.

Laughable to claim because Kieran Scott left that Webber can't be held accountable for the signings he made.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mengo said:

Are you telling me now that Adams won't be able to do the job. Are you telling me the ego is the only one capable of doing the job.

My fear is Adams will be in the deep trying to support a manager who fans will only allow 3-4 months before wanting blood if results aren't going our way.  We threw him in the deep end as manager, and could be repeating that same mistake.

We've had some great seasons under Webber, give him time to learn from the mistakes this season and allow Adams the time to learn also, is my thoughts. I'd hate to see Adams once again come in to a position where he's screwed from the outset.

11 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

So you would keep him for being a complete failure? Twice. Plus he's a PR disaster. No club would keep him given the current scenario. Getting promoted, but going straight back down in such whimsical fashion is not progress. 

While you could argue he is given limited funds due to the austere and parochial nature of our owners, he has made a complete mess of what budget he has got. Internally, I know staff who have been quite open that this is the worst intake of players in the club's history, given the money spend. 

If Norwich City are serious about returning to the EPL and staying there*, Webber is not equipped as that is beyond him. The table doesn't. 

* They aren't

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

My fear is Adams will be in the deep trying to support a manager who fans will only allow 3-4 months before wanting blood if results aren't going our way.  We threw him in the deep end as manager, and could be repeating that same mistake.

We've had some great seasons under Webber, give him time to learn from the mistakes this season and allow Adams the time to learn also, is my thoughts. I'd hate to see Adams once again come in to a position where he's screwed from the outset.

I think Adams would be better suited to Smith, BUT... at least for next season too much needs to be done to get promoted and it depends on how much goodwill the fans give. 

Remember we never won without Emi. The whole playing staff needs ripping up, but financially that isn't going ti happen to the extent it needs to.