Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

It's arrived!

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Been dipping in.  Its got accounts as well @Badger😆  We can see how much was "pissed up the wall" in each season.  

Mine has arrived. I think I've found a mistake but need a chat with Glenn Self first. 

Nearly put my back out getting it off the step! 

Badger will indeed be excited with the accounts. The Chase years will make interesting reading 

4 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Looks impressive, as does your choice of reading in the background Sheff 😁

Speaking as a Pole, I could have saved @shefcanary an awful lot of time reading that book on Stalin.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Volume 5 - The pursuit of Quagliarella

Only 1 volume? 🤣

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Mine has arrived. I think I've found a mistake but need a chat with Glenn Self first. 

Nearly put my back out getting it off the step! 

Badger will indeed be excited with the accounts. The Chase years will make interesting reading 

Hmmm, so is this going to be a verification thread as well?

1 hour ago, crispeduk said:

Looks impressive, as does your choice of reading in the background Sheff 😁

I've recently retired, now I've got the garden sorted can enjoy a spot of "proper" reading during the close season.  War & Peace is for the flights when we visit my daughter in Australia!  😆

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Been dipping in.  Its got accounts as well @Badger😆  We can see how much was "pissed up the wall" in each season.  

How much did the club pay for the LS land and how much did we make on its sales? 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Speaking as a Pole, I could have saved @shefcanary an awful lot of time reading that book on Stalin.....

I'm aiming to do a compare & contrast with Putin?!!

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

How much did the club pay for the LS land and how much did we make on its sales? 

Oh blimey, that's a tough question to start with.  Not got time this weekend, but a project for later...

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I'm aiming to do a compare & contrast with Putin?!!

I can't choose. You'll have to read the book but don't be fooled by people who tell you that neither represent the views of the Russian people. They suffer from national paranoia. What is really important is the bloke who replaces Putin. There is perhaps a very good reason that he hasn't been dealt with.....

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Fantastic resource!  Oh what joy! 

20220521_094839.jpg

I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to know what those massively thick novels are in the top right of this picture!

1 hour ago, Indy said:

More importantly, we spent money on that land that forced us to sell players and not replace an injured goalkeeper. The reality is that the land probably costs us hundreds of millions in lost TV revenue. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

4 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Volume 5 - The pursuit of Quagliarella

That could rival War and Peace!

20 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to know what those massively thick novels are in the top right of this picture!

Can only make out the top one, which I believe is "The Official PL guide to Clear and Obvious Errors for VAR Officials"

27 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

The top one is a factual book about Stalin being a very naughty boy 

Mine is probably the only one now in the North East. Opened it and flicked through  1st game  my eyes focussed on was Norwich City res v Cromer 1919. Think I am going to enjoy these.

Mine arrived this morning too. Can tell a lot of care has gone into the compiling but can’t help but feel it could have benefitted from a once over from a content designer* as it’s got a real ‘self published’ feel to it for something that’s got so much depth of detail.

Glad I’ve got a copy for the, er, archives. Almost missed out as the product wasn’t particularly well advertised which is a shame.

* and a slip case!

7 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Fantastic resource!  Oh what joy! 

20220521_094839.jpg

20220521_094846.jpg

She, I am genuinely jealous. They wouldn't deliver abroad.