Sign in to follow this  
GodlyOtsemobor

Released players announcement

Rupp makes sense due to age and injuries but we are awfully light in central midfield again with him, Gilmour and Normann all heading out. I wonder if they feel Gibbs is ready to step up?

Shame about McAlear, another failure of this 'buy a bunch of teens and loan them out' model. Reportedly cost us £250k, now off on a free.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That's another of the Farke brigade gone then.. Interesting no mention of sinani

Why would there be, his contract isn't up?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sinani is still in contract, I believe these players were out?

Edited by Rivvo

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That's another of the Farke brigade gone then.. Interesting no mention of sinani

He's not out of contract so why would he get a mention?

EDIT: can see somebody else has already mentioned.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

Rupp makes sense due to age and injuries but we are awfully light in central midfield again with him, Gilmour and Normann all heading out. I wonder if they feel Gibbs is ready to step up?

Shame about McAlear, another failure of this 'buy a bunch of teens and loan them out' model. Reportedly cost us £250k, now off on a free.

We were in discussions with Rupp, looks like we weren't able to reach an agreement. 

Oof, someone's going to have to step up. Rupp would have been a good one to keep as he was excellent in the Champs last time out. A total guess, but I suspect he wanted more years than the club was willing to offer.

Central midfield is pretty much going to be our key battleground now when it comes to signings. Gibbs and Adshead.... your chance.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We were in discussions with Rupp, looks like we weren't able to reach an agreement. 

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Oof, someone's going to have to step up. Rupp would have been a good one to keep as he was excellent in the Champs last time out. A total guess, but I suspect he wanted more years than the club was willing to offer.

Central midfield is pretty much going to be our key battleground now when it comes to signings. Gibbs and Adshead.... your chance.

Step up..... bloke was never fit. Missed more games through injury than he featured in last time out in the champ. Central midfield needs a big over haul this summer. Expect 2 new ones in there.

I would add another half dozen to that plus some which I hope will be sold on to League One clubs or below.

Farke's show ponies need to go before we can get this club back on track.

• Like 1

No issue with the Rupp decision. He's one of those that hasn't played consistently and has suffered 2 relegations with the club. 

Sometimes moving on a player even with decent technical ability is the right decision. 

I wouldn't imagine his wages were cheap either. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think the ‘buy a bunch of teens and loan them out’ model was what bought Ben Godfrey to the club. Given the value he went for, I think it probably covers the collective failures 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Big O said:

I think the ‘buy a bunch of teens and loan them out’ model was what bought Ben Godfrey to the club. Given the value he went for, I think it probably covers the collective failures 

That's the whole point. It only takes one success to fund the strategy for a couple of years or more. And we effectively 'turned' Maddison for a giant profit, even though the initial outlay was pretty big (around £3m IIRC?).

• Like 1

Always a quite sad time. These names have been with us for a while and if its our choice to tell them to go it could well be the end of someone's dream.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Sadly you just cant keep a player on who's out for two thirds of a season with hamstring injuries. Need to find another Oliver Skipp for next season

No we don't, we need to stop using loan players to fill crucial areas of the pitch and finally find a permanent defensive midfielder. 

Webber has been here 5 years, he inherited Tettey. When is he going to purchase a defensive midfielder? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Big O said:

That was the..... "buy 2 highly rated teens with first team experience for seven figure sums and develop them into first team players" strategy of Webber's predecessor wasn't it? 

Lets not forget that Webber inherited Godfrey and Maddison (who were signed in the same window for a combined £5m).

• Like 2

Rupp very good at Championship level.

I suspect his injury record played a factor, and the fact he probably isnt the more physical presence Smith is looking for.

Central midfield needs some work for next season where it's light, but I think most wanted that regardless.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No we don't, we need to stop using loan players to fill crucial areas of the pitch and finally find a permanent defensive midfielder. 

Webber has been here 5 years, he inherited Tettey. When is he going to purchase a defensive midfielder? 

When he listens to his recruitment team’s recommendations and not agents

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Rupp very good at Championship level.

Can't hit a cows ar-se with a banjo though, 0 goals in 52 league appearances. We need goals throughout the team, need to expect all centre mids to chip in with the odd goal apart from the dream Kante-type anchorman. 

Rupp wasn't dreadful and notable for covering a lot of ground but in any game by the time he completely scuffs a second half chance I immediately just wish he wasn't on the pitch. McLean needs to score more as well, but at least you tend to get a couple a season out of him.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That was the..... "buy 2 highly rated teens with first team experience for seven figure sums and develop them into first team players" strategy of Webber's predecessor wasn't it? 

Lets not forget that Webber inherited Godfrey and Maddison (who were signed in the same window for a combined £5m).

Yes you may well be right TVB, although the wider point I was inferring to that you can never quite be certain of talent and only really need one success to cover the failures remains true.

be interesting to see if any of adshead, gibbs, Clarke come through. 

21 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Agree with this. We need very quickly to define how we are going to play and recruit players for key positions. I think it is clear to every single Norwich fan that centre midfield has to be addressed. Whether we play 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 we are going to need atleast 3 central midfielders to arrive. With the exit of Rupp, we only have McClean and Sorenson in that position and whilst McClean is a good championship player he doesn’t have skipp, Buendia or a focussed Cantwell with him this time 

Not looking great for Aston Oxborough is it, was highly thought of but is now 24 years old and hasn't played a professional game.

King's Lynn perhaps? Some players do work their way back up.