Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

Forget Cantwell ..appears Sinani will be back

Interesting that it is mentioned in press conference that Smith will have a look at Sinani in pre season.

He seemed to have a decent season at Huddersfield and I thought they had an option to buy which I thought they'd take up.

Could be an interesting addition to the squad and one possibly more likely to deliver more than a returning (sulking) Cantwell!

He's been a regular in a promotion chasing team, would be very surprised if Huddersfield don't snap him up. For the same reason DS would be daft not to run the rule over him, same with all our loanees. One suspects some will stay and some go but with a few additions there is once again a top Championship squad amongst the players contracted here. I'll be gobsmacked if we aren't one of the favourites to get promoted again. 

Edited by Gordon Bennett

6 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

He's been a regular in a promotion chasing team, would be very surprised if Huddersfield don't snap him up. For the same reason DS would be daft not to run the rule over him, same with all our loanees. One suspects some will stay and some go but with a few additions there is once again a top Championship squad amongst the players contracted here. I'll be gobsmacked if we aren't one of the favourites to get promoted again. 

I agree you'd have thought that Huddersfield would take up option but quote today suggests there is no commitment on our part to sell so his fate is in our hands.

• Like 1

Doesn't he have a million quid buyout for Huddersfield though? May not have been amazing for them but he's been solid enough and its not a bad price for them..

If he does come back here doubt he would make it into the 1st team regardless, wingers is not a position we are struggling in

Would seem odd if they don’t buy him. I suspect if they go up they will need better than him though so might be more likely if they stay down but then do they even have the money to do the deal then?

10 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

There's also McAlear (ICT), Soto (Livingston) and Bushiri (Hibs) floating around.

Apples

Akin famewo too.

15 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

There's also McAlear (ICT), Soto (Livingston) and Bushiri (Hibs) floating around.

Apples

I can't see Soto amounting to anything at this point- Porto could have signed him but sent him back after 6 months and he's now making zero impact in the lower reaches of the Scottish Prem. 

Bushiri similar- he's had more minutes but Hibs fans suggest he's been awful and he's turning 23 this year. 

I think McAlear has been the best of the north of the border loanees but is out of contract this summer.

• Like 1

I think the most likely of our loanees to come back in and make an impact are...

Sam McCallum- two solid Championship seasons in a row, we're losing Brandon Williams, seems to be a no brainer to be in the squad.

Josh Martin- had a tough first half of the season but finished strongly for Doncaster and has pedigree. 

• Like 4

I really hope to see him stay here, not been able to watch much championship this season so not really seen many of our loanees - but he looked promising before we signed him.

Certainly do no harm having players come back from having better seasons than the majority of our squad, too.

There's a huge amount of potential in these returning loanees. In comparison to the known quantities that we've seen abjectly fail this season, I'm excited about the vague possibility that one of them might come good.

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

Interesting that it is mentioned in press conference that Smith will have a look at Sinani in pre season.

He seemed to have a decent season at Huddersfield and I thought they had an option to buy which I thought they'd take up.

Could be an interesting addition to the squad and one possibly more likely to deliver more than a returning (sulking) Cantwell!

According to the Huddersfield Examiner they do have that option:

Danel Sinani: In a different situation to the other players on this list in that he is currently on loan from Norwich City, but there is an option in place to make his deal permanent if Town wish to take it up. We have been back and forth on whether that is something they should look to do, but his more consistent performances in recent weeks have made us think it’s would probably be worthwhile if the numbers are right.

There's nothing Smith said today to suggest that Huddersfield don't have a buy option. He literally said we have to wait on their decision. Having seen him a few times I think more than anything it shows just how average the championship is that he can be a regular in a team finishing third. He's ok and at 24 could improve but even the fans and local press are unsure whether he's worth £800k.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I think the most likely of our loanees to come back in and make an impact are...

Sam McCallum- two solid Championship seasons in a row, we're losing Brandon Williams, seems to be a no brainer to be in the squad.

Josh Martin- had a tough first half of the season but finished strongly for Doncaster and has pedigree. 

Makes perfect sense too.. We broke our transfer record twice in current/last season only to get relegated anyway so doubt Delia wants us spending big again so bringing back the loanees and our youth players is going to be the goal me thinks

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

31 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

There's nothing Smith said today to suggest that Huddersfield don't have a buy option. He literally said we have to wait on their decision. Having seen him a few times I think more than anything it shows just how average the championship is that he can be a regular in a team finishing third. He's ok and at 24 could improve but even the fans and local press are unsure whether he's worth £800k.

Sadly I think that is the case. When I originally posted I was going off the pink un twitter post. Having read the press conference summary does indeed look like they can go ahead with purchase. I'd be surprised if they don't which is a bit of a shame.

So turning my post full circle let's hope Cantwell does come good!!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Sadly I think that is the case. When I originally posted I was going off the pink un twitter post. Having read the press conference summary does indeed look like they can go ahead with purchase. I'd be surprised if they don't which is a bit of a shame.

So turning my post full circle let's hope Cantwell does come good!!

Don't forget though, the final decision is still down to Sinani.  Hudds can trigger the clause, but if he decides hed rather come back to city, they can't force him to sign for them.  It's just an option for Hudds to offer him terms at a pre agreed transfer fee as far as I understand these clauses.  Although I could be wrong...

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Makes perfect sense too.. We broke our transfer record twice in current/last season only to get relegated anyway so doubt Delia wants us spending big again so bringing back the loanees and our youth players is going to be the goal me thinks

I don't think it is to do with spending but the whole model depends on bringing through talents like this. Plus there is no point spending money on experienced players to be back ups/depth if you've already got talented youngsters coming through in those positions. 

4 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

Mcalear being released alongside Rupp, oxborough and a few others. 

Can't see why he would turn down Huddersfield if they want him and they'll delay their decision on that until after the Poff Final.

With Cantwell coming back and pushing Tzolis on I can't see where he would be a regular tbh.

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't see why he would turn down Huddersfield if they want him and they'll delay their decision on that until after the Poff Final.

With Cantwell coming back and pushing Tzolis on I can't see where he would be a regular tbh.

Do we think cants will be back? And be in the frame to push anyone on?

4 hours ago, king canary said:

I can't see Soto amounting to anything at this point- Porto could have signed him but sent him back after 6 months and he's now making zero impact in the lower reaches of the Scottish Prem. 

Bushiri similar- he's had more minutes but Hibs fans suggest he's been awful and he's turning 23 this year. 

I think McAlear has been the best of the north of the border loanees but is out of contract this summer.

That's about right, Soto has recently had a run in the Livi team and not done much, Bushiri played a bit but again nothing to suggest that he's up to the quality and McAlear just been released and looks like he could stay up here.

All were worth a punt, and now time to move them on.

Apples

There’s no conclusion yet on what will happen with Sinani this summer, and I think the whole reason behind that is obvious - Huddersfield still have the playoff final. If they win I think they will reject the option, as I think they will look to sign more experienced players for the PL. If they lose though I think they will take it as he’s done great for them this season playing 39 games, with 6 goals, and 4 assists plus a goal in the first leg of the playoff semifinals against Luton. The fee is also rumoured to be only £900k

It’s already been announced that McAlear will be released this summer. I can also see both Soto and Bushiri going as well. Soto was sent out to Porto B with an option to buy but was sent back early and has also failed to cut it for Livingston, Bushiri also has an option to buy but I can’t see Hibs taking it either. Both only have one year left, Bushiri is also very injury prone. If Soto and Bushiri don’t go this summer I can only see them going out on loan again next season and being released next summer 

Edited by HazzaJet

It's been reported today Bournemouth have rejected option to buy Cantwell, so seems he's coming back. Whether that's good I don't know.

We hardly want to go through a repeat of earlier this season with him. Smith says all players know the standards and what's expected of them. Wonder if that's a hint at Cantwell coming back

If Huddersfield don't take Sinani, one could argue he's more of an option than Placheta? 

I think it's important we take a good look at all the players coming back from loan. If Sinani does come back there is no reason he can't be a decent squad option at the least. Last time out in the championship we invested a lot in players who weren't good enough to be in the starting XI (Dowell, Hugill, Placheta). This time around any signings we make need to be clear upgrades on what we currently have imo. 

I suspect that if Huddersfield go up it makes them less likely to take the Sinani option as they will look/hope for better…

Frustrating that none of our other loanees seems to have set the world alight this season.

9 hours ago, BSEYELLOW said:

Don't forget though, the final decision is still down to Sinani.  Hudds can trigger the clause, but if he decides hed rather come back to city, they can't force him to sign for them.  It's just an option for Hudds to offer him terms at a pre agreed transfer fee as far as I understand these clauses.  Although I could be wrong...

Yep, that’s worth bearing in mind, because he’s likely to choose not to play in the Prem. 

He said he wants to have a look at him but it’s dependant upon either him wanting to play here or Huddersfield not taking up their buy option which is believe to be in the region of a million