chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v West Ham (PL/H) *****

11 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

have the fans turned on webber yet ? and chants of sack the board ?

4-0 down i would thought be the tipping point 

Not a murmur of sack the board or Webber out, terrible performance by the crowd 

14 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

That's not what I said, we were comparing the chance of bouncing back next season with the fact we did last time. We had Skipp in the last CHAMPIONSHIP season. If you're going to join in then try to keep up with what's being said 

I was, your response was poor, if you'd intended it to apply to the bounce back season, you should have made that your point - eg; The only reason we bounced back was retaining Buendia and loaning Skipp.

However - Zac's point remains unchallenged. We have done as poorly with Buendia as without him in the PL. And at exactly the same point last time out, we didn't know we were going to land a player like Skipp on loan or otherwise.

So one could argue, which Zac is, that if we keep Rashica and add a better DM, who says we couldn't be upwardly competitive in the Championship again next season?

Of course there is never any guarantee. 

14 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You certainly bloody insinuated it, and you know it. If not your post was utterly pointless as a retort 🙄

Not interested in a pointless back and forth, 'but you meant this..' argument. Happy to debate but won't have my words twisted (so really shouldn't be on here at all I suppose.)

One last time, my point was we have won the championship after being relegated, without making the radical changes you insist we must if we are to have a chance of even staying up next season! At no point did i say we will be fine however. That is very much dependent on the summer, integration, new philosophy etc. But I think writing off next seasons ambitions already is foolish.

Edited by Fiery Zac

1 minute ago, Helsinki canary said:

Home crowd already on the beach

Ha ha . Never a more true word. The ground will empty and apathy will prevail. 
I thought it would be 5 so not all bad . 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Not as confident as last time certainly.

But I don't believe Smith has had a chance to make his mark on the club yet. He's done what he can  with the poor squad he's walked in to. He deserves the chance to create his side, make his signings and (most importantly) get the team to play the way he wants them to, not just the way he thinks is a way to get some results in the PL with a non-PL squad.

Yep I agree with all of that. He certainly does deserve a chance. But I’m finding it hard to ‘remember what happened last time’ for any kind of comfort about this relegation unfortunately! 

5 minutes ago, chicken said:

I was, your response was poor, if you'd intended it to apply to the bounce back season, you should have made that your point - eg; The only reason we bounced back was retaining Buendia and loaning Skipp.

However - Zac's point remains unchallenged. We have done as poorly with Buendia as without him in the PL. And at exactly the same point last time out, we didn't know we were going to land a player like Skipp on loan or otherwise.

So one could argue, which Zac is, that if we keep Rashica and add a better DM, who says we couldn't be upwardly competitive in the Championship again next season?

Of course there is never any guarantee. 

Are you for real??? The whole conversation started with me saying we have no chance of bouncing back next season. He's countered that by saying we've done it before. 

This conversation was literally started with me talking about us bouncing back, or rather that we won't.

Zacs point about us being as bad with or without Buendia in the Premier hasn't been countered as...... THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS DEBATE HAS BEEN ABOUT!!!!...... Jesus I'm tired 😂😂

4 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Not interested in a pointless back and forth, 'but you meant this..' argument. Happy to debate but won't have my words twisted (so really shouldn't be on here at all I suppose.)

One last time, my point was we have won the championship after being relegated, without making the radical changes you insist we must if we are to have a chance of even staying up next season! At no point did i say we will be fine however. That is very much dependent on the summer, integration, new philosophy etc. But I think writing off next seasons ambitions already is foolish.

And that's fine, happy to disagree re next season chances. Think we've both possibly taken each others points out of context slightly. 

Not sure what Chickens beef is mind, clearly not read from the start of our exchanges. 

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

Home crowd already on the beach

West Runton is a sea of yellow and green this afternoon……don’t fancy a dip!!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yep I agree with all of that. He certainly does deserve a chance. But I’m finding it hard to ‘remember what happened last time’ for any kind of comfort about this relegation unfortunately! 

I’ve still no idea how Smith wants his team to play. Even using a squad he inherited I don’t see the foundation of how he is trying to shape a team. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

And that's fine, happy to disagree re next season chances. Think we've both possibly taken each others points out of context slightly. 

Not sure what Chickens beef is mind, clearly not read from the start of our exchanges. 

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon 👍

Thanks.

I think our main disagreement is on how we'll get on next season. Who knows, it's certainly a big job over the summer. I do think Smith deserves a chance though, much like Farke got (and we know what happened there.) Too much change also makes the challenge that much bigger at another time where we need to be bouncing back ASAP.

OTBC

Anyhoo back to today, who did Rupp come on for, genuinely thought it was Krankie until he took that woeful free kick, didn't notice him at all until then in the 2nd half...... Not that I was particularly paying attention by that point. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

12 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

Pukki the only one who keeps fighting

Agreed, we offer very little going forward but he still looks like he might get a goal. Placheta looked alright after coming on

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

Thanks.

I think our main disagreement is on how we'll get on next season. Who knows, it's certainly a big job over the summer. I do think Smith deserves a chance though, much like Farke got (and we know what happened there.) Too much change also makes the challenge that much bigger at another time where we need to be bouncing back ASAP.

OTBC

Of course we can bounce back but personally I see it being harder with Deano in charge. Despite us knowing Buendia was class we didn't know about Skipp. And we had DF in charge with his style and system. I just do not see one at the moment. I know heads are down but you are told at press conferences that we will play for every point. I see absolutely no evidence of that.

I think we are a very poor side being coached badly.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Thanks.

OTBC

👍Apologies for being slightly OTT, I should steer clear of the Internet on match days 😜😂

• Thanks 1

I'm stood near the cathedral picking my son up from something and can hear some sack the board chants. Anyone know what's gorn orn?

How Smith can defend that or most of the players after that .. the silence from Webber delia too is deafening .. what an embarrassment we have become .  Not sure I cam even believe in Smith either unless he signs some serious spine players in summer …. Major Surgery is needed in Key Areas not convinced this mob is good enough despite what others may think on here without serious injection of Graft in team 

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Of course we can bounce back but personally I see it being harder with Deano in charge. Despite us knowing Buendia was class we didn't know about Skipp. And we had DF in charge with his style and system. I just do not see one at the moment. I know heads are down but you are told at press conferences that we will play for every point. I see absolutely no evidence of that.

I think we are a very poor side being coached badly.

Fair enough.

I don't believe what we've seen under Smith is his style and system but simply the only style and system he could implement with the poor squad he inherited that may result in getting any points at the top level. It worked on occasion and we'll never know what may have happened had injuries not happened over Xmas and then Idah being out for the rest of the season.

I look forward to seeing his style and system implemented, and he will then rightly be judged if he can take the club forward.

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

👍Apologies for being slightly OTT, I should steer clear of the Internet on match days 😜😂

Me too, and no worries.

I'm normally at the game so can vent my passion and frustrations there. Always dangerous doing that on a message board!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

Fair enough.

I don't believe what we've seen under Smith is his style and system but simply the only style and system he could implement with the poor squad he inherited that may result in getting any points at the top level. It worked on occasion and we'll never know what may have happened had injuries not happened over Xmas and then Idah being out for the rest of the season.

I look forward to seeing his style and system implemented, and he will then rightly be judged if he can take the club forward.

I really hope you are right but I feel much sadder than I did two seasons ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm stood near the cathedral picking my son up from something and can hear some sack the board chants. Anyone know what's gorn orn?

I can now hear "We want Webber Out", must be a few more gathered than last match for me to hear it from here.

• Like 2