Dean Coneys boots

Where will we finish next season?

We MUST be far more defeatist on next season's prospects imho ...........you know the sort of stuff - ****-poor squad,clueless Manager,dinosaur owners,mid-lower table at best etc etc.

You know it makes sense 😎

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Badger said:

You could also have some printed saying "NCFC ON LOAN TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE" and you would shirts for every season. 😀

I'd print that slogan on underwear....."Up and down...Up and down...Up and down"...

• Haha 1

You’re not going to get a prediction from me on this subject until we get close to next season. Who are we going to lose this summer? Who are we going to sign? How is our squad going to do in pre-season? No one’s been confirmed yet

Edited by HazzaJet
  • Like 2

On 01/05/2022 at 12:28, Dean Coneys boots said:

And if we hadn’t lucked in with Skipp I still think we might have struggled 

Priceless

For some posters every transfer failure is down to lack of quality in the recruitment team.

Every is success is luck.

• Like 3

On 01/05/2022 at 11:42, Dean Coneys boots said:

As usual the clappers stubborn refusal to allow criticism even whilst the club is falling apart. 

this post wasn’t about writing off next season so much as pointing out that promotion is not going to be automatic and many voices, such as the others on this thread, just automatically assume our club is fine. 

once we lose parachute money this game will play again but not as a yo-yo prem team but a division lower. 

I hear there is a revival at Portaloo road, bore off down there you sad sack of misery.

To say the club is falling apart is stupid and irrational. We need to remove Webber yes. We need to replace Dean Smith perhaps. We certainly need to take a look at some of the dead wood on our books and recruit well.
I feel people also forget that Norwich is a bit of a back end of nowhere with no North / South train line connections. 

To say we are going to finish 14th is hilarious, cant wait to hit the play offs as per usual, you sir are permitted to sit in the corner nursing a  glass of lemonade and sulking because we have outdone your pathetic doom mongering.

Webber has recruited for two Championship title winning seasons. Let him do it again, then he should move on and allow someone else to recruit for another shot at the PL.

6 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Webber has recruited for two Championship title winning seasons. Let him do it again, then he should move on and allow someone else to recruit for another shot at the PL.

That would not make any sense, as we need to change the way we do recruitment now

Webber leaving at the end of next season regardless of where we finish would make it harder. He has failed twice to keep us up and would be sacked for that alone at almost any other club and that is before the shenanigans outside CR. You can't reward failure. 

Fresh start needed and the sooner the better. 

If we keep Pukki, 1st. If not, then we are likely fighting for spot in playoffs.

we have to keep Krull, Hanley and Pukki.  Cannot understand why Sorrenson was not played. Very odd as better than a lot on the pitch. Gilmore was hopeless most of the time and cannot see a future for him at Chelsea. 

Onwards and upwards is the only way to look at it.

Players just not good enough for Premiership with few effortless and on very good money. There fault pay cuts come in certainly paid too much for what they offered on pitch.

I am half with you here. I think there are potentially a few more teams there for the taking/in a bit of trouble depending on their own transfer business this summer. Nothing against Fulham personally, so happy to see them stay up. Would still dearly like to see us up there again in spite of our terminal relegation syndrome I live in hope we might get it right one year. Even better if some of the scummy ‘norwich don’t deserve it’ teams swap places with us 

• Like 1

On 03/05/2022 at 10:15, BigFish said:

Priceless

For some posters every transfer failure is down to lack of quality in the recruitment team.

Every is success is luck.

Yup, there's a few with yellow and green tinted glasses, then there's the people with faeces tinted glasses. 

I’ve no idea. 
I usually get it wrong, in our last season in 2nd Tier I thought we would be about 8th. 

the Championship is shocking in its current iteration, some of the teams that are going well and in and around the top half are absolutely crap. A league full of paper tigers.

we could be as bad as we've been this season and come top 6 imo. It's that bad. Even better if Forest go up through the playoffs as your Huddersfields and Lutons are as bog standard as the rest of the league.

On 01/05/2022 at 17:56, Ken Hairy said:

9th - 14th for me, I don't see this squad as capable of a promotion push, nor do I see a total free fall. 

I'll be happy to see us build for a couple of seasons than bounce back first time again and then panic sign in the summer ala last summer. 

How can we build for a couple of seasons and then bounce back first time?? 

Impossible to answer this question at the moment without knowing:

a) What the club will do (if anything) to lessen the rift that has opened up between themselves and the fans

b) Whether Webber will still be here and, if he is, whether he has made some effort to explain his failures this season and get the fans back on board (if he can)

c) Whether Pukki is still here

A fourth factor is Dean Smith, who seems certain to still be in place, but who is impossible to judge at this stage in his Norwich career. I'm one of those who thinks he is mediocre and we will be mid-table at best with him in charge, but I accept there are many fans who rate him highly and believe he will take us back up.

Without Buendia and Skipp, I don't think it will be a cakewalk like last time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mat McGoo said:

How can we build for a couple of seasons and then bounce back first time?? 

I said than not then 😀