chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Burnley (PL/H) *****

Normann has been pants. Don’t know why Sorensen hasn’t come straight back in for him after he bleated in the press about not wanting to stay? Poor from Smith, especially considering how bad Normann has been since coming back from injury...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Normann has been pants. Don’t know why Sorensen hasn’t come straight back in for him after he bleated in the press about not wanting to stay? Poor from Smith, especially considering how bad Normann has been since coming back from injury...

Would have to agree. A player who doesn't see their future at the club has no reason to be on the pitch.

Just now, CirclePoint said:

Would have to agree. A player who doesn't see their future at the club has no reason to be on the pitch.

Agreed as well. That's the reason to give Lungi his chance. Unless Normann's loan deal is structured like Gilmour's where it's cheaper the more he plays, but that's speculation on my part.

7 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Lees Melou playing rather well so far.

I think he's struggled to adapt this season but clearly a decent player in there. Another case of the Rupps/Vrancic/Stiepermanns I hope. 

• Like 1

That was an expensive injury if true.  Has a return to 4231 been a factor.  Second half still to come.

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

I think he's struggled to adapt this season but clearly a decent player in there. Another case of the Rupps/Vrancic/Stiepermanns I hope. 

Yep can see him being a mainstay next season for sure!

Burnley are absolutely awful, can’t see them doing too well in the championship!

I'm glad Dowell has been given a chance. Apart from Sorenson, everyone else has.

Normann should feel guilty picking up his very nice wages.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Agreed as well. That's the reason to give Lungi his chance. Unless Normann's loan deal is structured like Gilmour's where it's cheaper the more he plays, but that's speculation on my part.

The loan structure may well influence his playing time, but having a player on the pitch playing their heart out, getting a boot in and maybe creating an opportunity to nick three points towards survival, might be worth the cost.

(Not arguing, just sayin')

2 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

The loan structure may well influence his playing time, but having a player on the pitch playing their heart out, getting a boot in and maybe creating an opportunity to nick three points towards survival, might be worth the cost.

(Not arguing, just sayin')

Also, each place is worth over £2m in prize money.

Our unerring ability to give away cheap free- kicks may well come back to bite us.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'm glad Dowell has been given a chance. Apart from Sorenson, everyone else has.

Normann should feel guilty picking up his very nice wages.

What is Norwegian for 'flash git'?

1 minute ago, CirclePoint said:

According to Google translate.... blits git

Glimt is apparently the Norwegian for a lightning flash... indeed how Bodo/Glimt have their name.

I suspect both Gibson and Hanley will need no firing up for this one. Gibson for being ex-Burnley, and Hanley for being ex-Blackburn so the Burnley fans are bound to give him some crap.

This has got a dodgy Burnley penalty or soft Norwich sending off written all over it with this shambolic one sided refereeing performance from Oliver. The best we've got apparently 🙄

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Remember when posters were crying out for us to sign Normann because of one good pass to Pukki.

In his nine (I think?) games before his injury, he was head and shoulders our best player, because he was trying. He knows he won't be here next season now and just seems to be going through the motions. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

I refuse to believe there is some conspiracy against us, as that's madness but jesus this ref is inept and giving them everything.

We are just a bit naive, they are big and strong then fall over when touched slightly and it gives them a free kick in a good position for a set piece.  

23 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Normann not doing his job there; just let the player run past.

OTBC

Was that where he just let the ball drop and although I'm up the other end today, looked like he should have had a foul given against him? If so that was terrible defending. Personally I'd get Lungi on for him if for no other reason than looking to next season.