16 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

Surely a draw is best for us no?

No - we want them to both lose.

Edited by Badger
Inserted missing word
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

Surely a draw is best for us no?

Agreed draw makes us a winner (for a change!)

Although if I'm being brutally honest I'm almost at point where if Everton win our relegation is certain and therefore at least we can seriously just focus on preparing for next year in the championship. Feel bad for admitting that but it's the hope that kills you as they say!

Burnley v Everton is probably one of the last matches I'd ordinarily choose to watch but given the enormity of the game I might give it a look.

Not much quality available in either team so might come down to who wants it the most. Really too close to call, so probably a draw.

Edited by Capt. Pants

I’m not sure the result really matters to us in terms of relegation, more who do we want down with us! Everton are in deep dodo, debt, high wages and would have to do major restructuring for the FFP if they failed to get promoted! Who of their first team would want to play championship football? Not many!

I want Burnley to win if I’m honest, just dislike Everton so much!

16 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Given that Everton and Leeds are the targets to aim for isn't a Burnley win better?

Yeah I think so. Although Burnley's run in is slightly easier against on the beach teams. Everton's is horrendous.

Leeds are safe now I fear.

Have to say I think we've been down for some time so the only enjoyment to be had from the bottom of the league now is watching who comes with us.

I'd love it to be Burnley and Everton 😂😂

1 hour ago, Badger said:

No - we want them to both lose.

.....while both playing ineligable players

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

.....while both playing ineligable players

I know it's a long shot, but still more likely than a multi billionaire coming along to subsidize us tens of millions a year 😀

It doesn't matter. Everton won't go down. The bottom three have been sorted for weeks.

2 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

Given that Everton and Leeds are the targets to aim for isn't a Burnley win better?

Exactly this. 4th bottom is the target (albeit stupidly unlikely) so therefore we will need to get above Everton, get above Everton and we will most likely be above Burnley. Only a Burnley win will do tonight in reality.

Plus I’d love to see Everton relegated!

Two fairly soft penalties. When Gary Neville says "it's the greatest Premier League ever" for marketing hype he's not referring to games like these.

The only thing that can save us now is an alien invasion, as such Everton v Burnley holds no interest and I couldn't give a tu'penny toss the score. 

I'm watching Chelsea v Madrid which has been a good watch so far. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

The only thing that can save us now is an alien invasion, as such Everton v Burnley holds no interest and I couldn't give a tu'penny toss the score. 

I'm watching Chelsea v Madrid which has been a good watch so far. 

Two absolutely superb Real headed goals.....