TIL 1010

Yet Another Article From An Unhappy Fan.

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I suspect that you are the only one. He has sold 18m books. 

We will have to differ on that.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I suspect i am not the only one but it still doesn't help me know how he was involved in reinventing the atmosphere at CR .

He wasn't, try respecting the punctuation.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Ah Twatter so a few tweets here and there then puts him up there with Stephen Fry and Delia.

Well, in terms of being well known, I suppose it does. And while it might have been formulated a touch clumsily, I don't think Di was inferring that he had reinvented the atmosphere at Carrow Road. More that Norwich fans had done that, and Norwich fans had chased out Chase and that Norwich City can count amongst its fans, Delia Smith, Stephen Fry and Phillip Pullman. Or that's how I read it anyway. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

We will have to differ on that.

You struggled with the punctuation in the article being discussed and you've never heard of an author who has sold 18 million books who happens to support Norwich City. Hmmmm... 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You struggled with the punctuation in the article being discussed and you've never heard of an author who has sold 18 million books who happens to support Norwich City. Hmmmm... 

As i said i doubt i am the only person who supports Norwich City who has never heard of the chap and as i have asked before where has he been mentioned previously anywhere  as being one of our celebrity fans ? After all DC has put him up there with Delia and Stephen Fry.

29 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

As i said i doubt i am the only person who supports Norwich City who has never heard of the chap and as i have asked before where has he been mentioned previously anywhere  as being one of our celebrity fans ? After all DC has put him up there with Delia and Stephen Fry.

https://www.google.co.uk/

He provided the foreward a recent book about Norwich City. 

Screenshot_20220405-180247_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e2b9775c9c89e1ebe3e1bbc5869eb76f.jpg

Edited by dylanisabaddog

For me, the article is a mirror imagine of our season - started out brightly, lost its way, and ended up in a spiral of self-doubt. I’m not saying I could do better mind - just my thoughts. 

24 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norwich-city-celebrity-fans-hugh-jackman-delia-smith-8274566

Disappointing that they missed Lord Nelson, Robert Walpole and Snoop Dogg off that list.

6 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

2019/20, Premier League: survived by a point, but second-highest scorers in the bottom eight 

This is my favourite ever stat! Might as well say second slimmest bloke in a group at weight watchers. Brilliant.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

Fixed it for you.

Yes but it cheers me up because Vinnie's nonsense isn't totally out of place on here🙃

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Is that because she wouldn't be a leading person in Proud Canaries?

Her role with Proud Canaries has given her the notoriety that means she gets asked to do things in the same way that his role with the Canaries Trust get's Robin Sainty the notoriety.

The reason the same group of people get asked to do these things is that the press have their number and they are prepared to comment.

The Pinkun don't really go out of their way to get people to write opinion pieces, as soon as someone gets some publicity they'll get a call and asked for a column each week. It's up to them if they do it.

You could try sending in copy to see if it get's published but it's not easy (I've tried doing it for another publication) coming up with something every week without sounding like your repeating previous submissions.

I've noticed this with your posts.

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-fanzone-what-have-norwich-city-become-8803654?fbclid=IwAR02VK7sa45sTtRCrx_l2wVafmOG8Em742TdLoXHTUEZsGYf9_-yy_a_heQ

Mind you i am not too sure where Philip Pullman , Delia or Stephen Fry fit in with regards to the removal of Chase.

But you dont approve of citizen journalists do you? Or perhaps you do when they agree with you.

7 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Smith and co. will have an above-average budget next season by Championship standards, thanks to parachute payments. He won't be working with a squad assembled on a shoestring.

Indeed he will. But the amount doesn't preclude buying the wrong players as happened this season. Depending on the current squads contracts will be how we buy as well. 

6 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

He wasn't, try respecting the punctuation.

Punctuation is not Tillos forte.

4 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Edith Cavell and Anna Sewell sit in the upper River End......

Hopefully Florence Nightingale is nearby if they take a turn for the worse. 

I enjoyed the article. It seems to have got under the skin of the usual unhappy flappers. 

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hopefully Florence Nightingale is nearby if they take a turn for the worse. 

She has a season ticket at Fiorentina. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Not to mention Boudicca, Will Kempe and Pablo Fanque...😍

Pablo Fanque now has a blue plaque on Ber Street! 

Sarah Glover has one on Pottergate but what this article doesn't mention is that the Council put it on the wrong house😂

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norwich-music-teacher-who-put-sound-in-music-8207538

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Is that because she wouldn't be a leading person in Proud Canaries?

Her role with Proud Canaries has given her the notoriety that means she gets asked to do things in the same way that his role with the Canaries Trust get's Robin Sainty the notoriety.

The reason the same group of people get asked to do these things is that the press have their number and they are prepared to comment.

The Pinkun don't really go out of their way to get people to write opinion pieces, as soon as someone gets some publicity they'll get a call and asked for a column each week. It's up to them if they do it.

You could try sending in copy to see if it get's published but it's not easy (I've tried doing it for another publication) coming up with something every week without sounding like your repeating previous submissions.

You’re

Very weird to write Smith off based on 2/3rds of a season with an undermanned, confidence lacking squad of players not bought for his style of play.

Spot on. He's been handed a load of dross.

13 hours ago, DAVID SEWELL said:

But you dont approve of citizen journalists do you? Or perhaps you do when they agree with you.

Glad i have given you the opportunity to keep up your personal agenda as i now make it 51 posts out of 54 aimed at me. Have you ever thought of logging in and posting about anything at all Norwich City related ?

46 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Glad i have given you the opportunity to keep up your personal agenda as i now make it 51 posts out of 54 aimed at me. Have you ever thought of logging in and posting about anything at all Norwich City related ?

At 54 posts in four years he has avoided the stalking charge but I guess he is using that account as a "burner".