Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Brighton (PL/A) *****

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Sounds a pretty dire performance but not conceding away from home and scraping a 1-0 win would have none of us caring about the performance in the slightest right now.

As each game passes, getting rid of Farke looks like a worse decision.

I understand the principle but I watch football to be entertained. At the end of the season where a crap 1-0 gets you promoted / keeps you up. Fine. But ultimately, I want to be entertained, and scrappy 1-0-ing our way through a season is not for me; if that's all we have to hope for, god help us.

Edited by All the Germans

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Sounds a pretty dire performance but not conceding away from home and scraping a 1-0 win would have none of us caring about the performance in the slightest right now.

We swapped a BMW for a Robin Reliant.

4 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Looks at comments... 

Christ we must be losing about five nil. 

Looks and score... 

Nope, just the pinkun forum being the pinkun forum. 

Can you smell fish?

We should be losing five nil. Its only Brighton's incompetence that we aren't.

Keep swimming round your bowl.

Just now, All the Germans said:

I understand the principle but I watch football to be entertained. At the end of the season where a crap 1-0 gets you promoted / keeps you up. Fine. But ultimately, I want to be entertained and scrappy 1-0 our way through a season is not for me and if that's all we have to look forward to, god help us.

I'm with you.

But generally speaking promoted teams stay in this division through playing this sort of football. There's a couple of exceptions and some after a couple seasons have progressed but initially they nearly all have to go through this. After Farke it seems even worse.

We have nothing in midfield and nothing down the right. I don't think we can get worse in midfield, so make some changes and get someone on the right to run at them.

We should have kept Farke regardless. At least we would have gone down trying to play. This is just terrible. I don't want Dean Smith to be our manager, he is not the future I want for my club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Farke wasn't good enough at this level; Smith has had to pick up the pieces with a team that isn't his and isn't good enough.

I don't know if Smith is the answer for us but we should give him the time to make his own team and find out.

This season just needs to end.

OTBC

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I'm with you.

But generally speaking promoted teams stay in this division through playing this sort of football. There's a couple of exceptions and some after a couple seasons have progressed but initially they nearly all have to go through this. After Farke it seems even worse.

All we really have left is hope. Obviously for a miracle but also that we can see some decent performances. But Brighton are dreadful and we are making them look better than they are. We knew what DFs style was. I am scratching my head to find a style or tactic with Deano.

It's not helped that he's moved in mid-season, had no chance to bring his own men in to implement what he wants to play, and we've got another injury crisis with a subs bench that looks somewhat like a kindergarten. There are times to be critical about the standard of football, and it's not been that good today.

But this is one where if they hang on for a 0-0 (running the risk of causing the mockers) it could give them some belief.

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Farke wasn't good enough at this level; Smith has had to pick up the pieces with a team that isn't his and isn't good enough.

I don't know if Smith is the answer for us but we should give him the time to make his own team and find out.

OTBC

I dont disagree. Farke wasn't good enough at this level with these players. So far neither is Smith. I agree he needs an opportunity with his own stamp on the side but I can't say I'm massively enthused now as opposed to earlier in his tenure when he seemed to make us more effective at both ends of the pitch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

All we really have left is hope. Obviously for a miracle but also that we can see some decent performances. But Brighton are dreadful and we are making them look better than they are. We knew what DFs style was. I am scratching my head to find a style or tactic with Deano.

Agreed. Its easy to say this isnt Dean Smiths team but he has been with us long enough to get them playing the way he wants. I just don't see what that is.

Edited by Kanadyan Kanary
  • Thanks 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Honestly who gives a **** about Farke’s style? It only worked in the Championship and he was the one who abandoned it at the start of the season, not Smith. Pining for Farke involved some serious revision of the start of this season tbh the football under him early on was terrible.

• Like 1

It depresing to see lone players like Gilmour and Nordmann. They dont fight. Play the under 21 insted 

• Like 1

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

On the plus side, Ipswich losing at home to Cambridge United 

And it's an og - this has cheered me up a lot!

I honestly haven't watched Norwich play a game as bad as this since last game we played 🤣. I mean we have to Remember Brighton haven't won in 6 and we are making them look like Man city 🤣

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

Honestly who gives a **** about Farke’s style? It only worked in the Championship and he was the one who abandoned it at the start of the season, not Smith. Pining for Farke involved some serious revision of the start of this season tbh the football under him early on was terrible.

Read it again. I said I knew what his style was. I didn't say it worked in the EPL. Tell me what Deano has brought to us.

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

People often say Farke wasn't good enough at this level. I'd argue he wasn't good enough at this level with the players at his disposal, which is a big difference in terms of Farke's ability, if not in terms of eventual outcome for NCFC. We saw how he brought out the best in Buendia, and we might have stayed up in 18/19 with a bit more luck with defensive injuries and no Covid lockdown. (Note, I say 'might'.)

I know it doesn't help us, but I'm convinced Farke will manage successfully at a higher level than ourselves at some point in the future.

Chelsea 1 Brentford 3 😱😱

Ipswich 0 Cambridge 1 😂😂, at least we're not quite binner ****e yet