Sign in to follow this  
canarybubbles

Let's face it, nothing is going to change.

We can argue on here until we are blue in the face, but the reality is nothing will change. Delia has made it clear that she intends to stay here until they take her away in a wooden box, Webber and partner have got their tentacles into the club and they're not going to let go now that Webber is looking much less appealing to a big club, and Smith won't be fired unless we are in the bottom three of the Championship after 30 games next season.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Nothing has to change. One view is that we regroup during the summer, sort out the squad, do well under Smith and get promoted again.  Could happen...... 

And then.....? The only point of being promoted again is to just bank the money to safeguard the future. Play the system until they change the system. But every two years we get humiliated, and just alternate with Fulham.

By regroup Lakey i take it you mean learn lessons just like we did last time we flopped badly in the Premier ?

Edited by TIL 1010

Nothing ever will as long as that financial gulf between the two leagues continues to grow. When staying up was comfortable for us in 2011-12 and 2012-13, the gulf was a lot more narrower than it is now and we haven’t been able to catch up since our 2014 relegation.

Still, like a Chelsea fan recently said in regards to their recent plight, even if it means getting only 6,000 again then so be it, as long as they still have a team to support. That same ethos can be applied to us; no matter what league we are in, I just want a team to support.

Edited by KernowCanary

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

We can argue on here until we are blue in the face, but the reality is nothing will change. Delia has made it clear that she intends to stay here until they take her away in a wooden box, Webber and partner have got their tentacles into the club and they're not going to let go now that Webber is looking much less appealing to a big club, and Smith won't be fired unless we are in the bottom three of the Championship after 30 games next season.

I think it's too early to say nothing will change. Whilst we seem nailed on relegated there's still 9 games to go. If they go really badly and an atmosphere of hate builds up, and I think it's simmering, we could see a couple of surprise departures.

If there is some form of upturn then yes perhaps not much will change and we how next season starts. 

The latter seems unlikely though.

How many yo-yo clubs are there now?. Two I think, us and Fulham. It used to be one club a long time ago doing that.

The thing is though, it will be even more harder second time around to get back.

Edited by KernowCanary

“Nothing has to change”? ! !??  Errrr…… yes it does! Next season in the Championship we will be starting with the same squad of losers minus loan players and any player who can get away , like maybe Aarons. Can anyone see where the tough performances are going to come from to get out of the Championship? I just cannot see where the talent is and who will make the improvements required. Webber? Smith? The other Smith? Please don’t tell me we are pinning promotion hopes on Tzolis or McLean or Hanley? 

19 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

And then.....? The only point of being promoted again is to just bank the money to safeguard the future. Play the system until they change the system. But every two years we get humiliated, and just alternate with Fulham.

I actually hope they take away parachute payments once and for all

This club is built on sand and thats a large part of the finance

Take that away and it would put more pressure on owners who believe they can own a club without investing in it...but wont sell to anyone who might

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What will change is that the likes of parry, combined with our pathetic efforts upon promotion, will persuade them to ditch parachute payments or reduce the premier league to 16 teams or something. So our embarrassing failures at this level will ultimately undermine our model which is reliant on the income from our regular promotions and stints in the premier league. 

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

What will change is that the likes of parry, combined with our pathetic efforts upon promotion, will persuade them to ditch parachute payments or reduce the premier league to 16 teams or something. So our embarrassing failures at this level will ultimately undermine our model which is reliant on the income from our regular promotions and stints in the premier league. 

Well that's a step in the right direction. Let's hope they soon reduce it to six and then those six duck off.

• Like 1

There’s a few teams yo-Yoing,  wba, Fulham, B’mouth, us in recent times. As a neutral I’d rather see a Huddersfield back, but there is a lot of codswollop talked about our record. I think we have been promoted 5 times, so in recent premiership history that’s once every 5 years or so on average, hardly a monotonous Groundhog Day. 

18 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I actually hope they take away parachute payments once and for all

This club is built on sand and thats a large part of the finance

Take that away and it would put more pressure on owners who believe they can own a club without investing in it...but wont sell to anyone who might

If they removed parachute payments you'd see far less clubs owned by rich investors, and far more likely to see more owners like Delia and Co.

Suddenly the risk vs reward becomes (an even more) one sided fight. Partly why teams in the championship have had owners willing to throw money at promotion is the guarantee of parachute payments even if they do get relegated. 

Youd also see the same promoted clubs getting relegated, even more so than now. Again, owners with money have gambled on big money and big wage signings knowing they have the comfort blanket of parachute payments.

Basically I'd be up for it but it would have the opposite effect to what you think.

58 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So what is this change people want? And who do they expect to initiate it?

Let's start by not repeating the same mistakes over and over... We are weaker than 3 years ago..who is going to take responsibility for that? Let's set our targets higher than top 26 for one...

31 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

No no no.. we are not premiership funded we are self funded.. 

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Let's start by not repeating the same mistakes over and over... We are weaker than 3 years ago..who is going to take responsibility for that? Let's set our targets higher than top 26 for one...

So what target do you want. This season our target was top 17. It can be top two if that's what you want. It's nothing more than sound bytes. 

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So what target do you want. This season our target was top 17. It can be top two if that's what you want. It's nothing more than sound bytes. 

So who is going to take responsibility for our failure to hit our targets? Are we a professional sporting club? Business culture starts at the top and the little old Norwich is extremely tedious. I want someone to state that their aim is to make us a stable premiership club. Someone with a slightly more ambitious attitude than " you win some you lose some"! 

I'd like someone to state they were looking for investment and ideas in which to help build the club beyond the obvious ceiling we have hit! I'd like the club to be respected and written about for it's sporting achievement on the pitch, rather than the owners last rant or opinions on xyz. 

Weird I know...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So who is going to take responsibility for our failure to hit our targets? Are we a professional sporting club? Business culture starts at the top and the little old Norwich is extremely tedious. I want someone to state that their aim is to make us a stable premiership club. Someone with a slightly more ambitious attitude than " you win some you lose some"! 

I'd like someone to state they were looking for investment and ideas in which to help build the club beyond the obvious ceiling we have hit! I'd like the club to be respected and written about for it's sporting achievement on the pitch, rather than the owners last rant or opinions on xyz. 

Weird I know...

Sporting achievement? 

The higher you aim and get in the PL the less it's about sporting achievement.

If you ask what do we want? I would be happy if we failed “heroically “. But to be relegated twice in three years from the Premiership without really even giving anything like 100% is unforgivable and players and coaching squad and management should all be held responsible in this failure to perform.

Unfortunately with Delia and Winnie stubbornness, the only way we will see change is for us to have a prolonged stay out of the Premier league, wait for the parachute payments to end, which will lead to an inevitable administration and then her hand will be forced. Trouble with that is we really would be prey for some vultures then. 

It really is a depressing time to be a Norwich fan. 

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Sporting achievement? 

The higher you aim and get in the PL the less it's about sporting achievement.

Let's not bother then... sigh

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

So what is this change people want? And who do they expect to initiate it?

In the short term take player recruitment away from Webber (he's incompetent) and give it to DS. (Delia has to instigate it )

Cut our loses on some of the players who have flopped and embarrassed us this season and get rid (Huggil, Sargent, Tzolis, Kabak, Dimi ) making room for players that deserve it like Sorenson and Byram). (DS has to instigate it)

Delia to sell the club to someone willing to invest money. Delia has tried her model and it is a league1 model. (The fans have to put the pressure on)

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Nothing has to change. One view is that we regroup during the summer, sort out the squad, do well under Smith and get promoted again.  Could happen...... 

You want to endure another premiership like the last two? Crickey...

48 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Let's not bother then... sigh

Or let's become apologists for the whole shetshow just so that we can wave banknotes at the havenots.

Apologists for this so called 'sporting achievement' have been and are part of the problem.

Edited by nutty nigel

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

If they removed parachute payments you'd see far less clubs owned by rich investors, and far more likely to see more owners like Delia and Co.

Suddenly the risk vs reward becomes (an even more) one sided fight. Partly why teams in the championship have had owners willing to throw money at promotion is the guarantee of parachute payments even if they do get relegated. 

Youd also see the same promoted clubs getting relegated, even more so than now. Again, owners with money have gambled on big money and big wage signings knowing they have the comfort blanket of parachute payments.

Basically I'd be up for it but it would have the opposite effect to what you think.

What is the Club's opinion? Seems like no FT,  no comment.

28 minutes ago, Mullet said:

In the short term take player recruitment away from Webber (he's incompetent) and give it to DS. (Delia has to instigate it )

Cut our loses on some of the players who have flopped and embarrassed us this season and get rid (Huggil, Sargent, Tzolis, Kabak, Dimi ) making room for players that deserve it like Sorenson and Byram). (DS has to instigate it)

Delia to sell the club to someone willing to invest money. Delia has tried her model and it is a league1 model. (The fans have to put the pressure on)

But we haven't been in league one with this 'model'. Why haven't we if it's a league one 'model'?

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But we haven't been in league one with this 'model'. Why haven't we if it's a league one 'model'?

You riddle them out Nutty, love it!!!!