Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

New manager needed for the Championship?

5 hours ago, Indy said:

He’s had long enough to change our players attitude, not see enough to say he’s good enough to stay here. Remember just how many players he loaned to get Villa up and how much in loans and then fees he spent to get them up through the playoffs.

As others this current coaching set up doesn’t suit our style! Robins for me!

thats the worrying bit for me Smith has not come in and changed Performances that much ,Look at Watford and how old Woy has got them playing since he arrived

i did not expect Smith to turn us into Man city but expected more fight and passion than what we are seeing 

We seem no better under Smith than we was under farke , our midfield has been ****e all season but still Kenny and Billy play , Sorenson has looked good when called upon but still doesn't get game time , gianoullis deserves more game time too , we have become the laughing stock of English football our recruitment was **** poor in the summer.not on the ball city.😙

The squad is good enough to get promoted again next season. The real problem will be staying up the following season.

We are no better under Smith, than we were under Farke, with the same players, who simply are not quality enough for the EPL. Is that the fault of either manager. You cannot make a silk purse from a sows ear, and both had been asked to do so by Webber, whose recruitment policy was governed by the owners and their board. There lies the problem, it’s not with either manager, as results and performances quite clearly show. Delia and her board have a habit of appointing the wrong people, remember her ‘dream team.’ In this case I would suggest they alone are the problem, in the way they attempt to run the club, or get others to do so for them! The ‘buck’ has been passed around to often!! Best we all get used to it, because she and hubby and their family are here to stay!

Edited by City 2nd

1 hour ago, For the future said:

We need to bring back Daniel Farke and sack Webber now so we get ready for the championship 

So are you suggesting get Farke in for championship and if we go up sack him before the PL season starts? DF is not a PL manager he's proved it twice. 

9 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

The squad is good enough to get promoted again next season. The real problem will be staying up the following season.

Disagree. I think many fail to recognise how Skipp and Buendia turned a mid championship side lacking creativity and solid defence into champions. I think we will be in and around the playoffs at best without additions 

I would always give a manager a full season, and personally would never sack a manager during the season (Hughton Farke et al). As to who would be a successful manager and what makes a successful manager, I remain genuinely clueless. I’ve never understood this and am unable to predict this aspect of football. I do know I couldn’t do the job, but if asked to take the helm I’d do it much like John Deehan did. 

On 13/03/2022 at 15:22, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Theres an out of work manager who's won this league in 2 of the last 3 seasons.

Sounds a no brainer

This might make sense if it weren’t for the question of what would happen next if we got promoted …. ?

Norwich City Strengths and Weaknesses from Whoscored.com

+ Strengths

Protecting the lead
Very Strong

- Weaknesses

Finishing scoring chances
Weak
Avoiding fouling in dangerous areas
Weak
Aerial duels
Weak
Defending set pieces
Weak
Defending against attacks down the wings
Very Weak
Defending against through ball attacks
Very Weak
Defending against skillful players
Very Weak

On 13/03/2022 at 15:05, yellow_belly said:

Villa knew he was rubbish.

we will soon.

your an idiot. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bonzo said:

Norwich City Strengths and Weaknesses from Whoscored.com

+ Strengths

Protecting the lead
Very Strong

- Weaknesses

Finishing scoring chances
Weak
Avoiding fouling in dangerous areas
Weak
Aerial duels
Weak
Defending set pieces
Weak
Defending against attacks down the wings
Very Weak
Defending against through ball attacks
Very Weak
Defending against skillful players
Very Weak

Tldr- We can't defend

2 hours ago, lincsy88 said:

your an idiot. 

Lincsy…

Oh, the irony of being called an idiot by someone that cannot spell…!

(It is you’re not your)

• Like 1

Smith isn’t the issue. He’s been parachuted into a situation with his hands tied behind his back: 

Poor recruitment and money wasted on too many low quality players. 

Too many changes to a style that was so dependent on one player in Buendia.

Little pre season.

A covid ravaged December meaning Smith had a patchy start to his tenure.

No backing in January, ‘nuff said. 

Taking all that into account I’m willing to give Smith a chance as a hell of a lot of failures fall at the feet of Farke and Webber’s joint recruitment decisions. 

Farke was heavily credited for our performance under him in the Championship but heavily criticised for our performance in the PL. When Smith took charge at Villa I feel he sent them up to the playoffs in the same way that Alex Neil did with us in 2015. We're yet to play with Smith in charge in the Championship, but I am willing to give him a chance until December unless we are looking like we don't stand a chance of promotion/might be facing another relegation battle

• Like 1

On 13/03/2022 at 23:45, Mullet said:

So are you suggesting get Farke in for championship and if we go up sack him before the PL season starts? DF is not a PL manager he's proved it twice. 

With 750k spend the first season and a squad woefully inadequate the second season. With even half decent recruitment I'm sure Farke would have been fine. The players he was given by Webber in both seasons have been way, way short of the required standard.

8 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

With 750k spend the first season and a squad woefully inadequate the second season. With even half decent recruitment I'm sure Farke would have been fine. The players he was given by Webber in both seasons have been way, way short of the required standard.

Surely Farke had a say in the recruitment, no manager in their right mind would stand back and get what he's given by a sporting director who has never played football let alone coached players, that's just mad

At the end of the season we to get a New manager, give the under 20’s a chance to prove themselves as the players we have in the first team do not care about our club and they need to be sold.

11 hours ago, Mullet said:

Surely Farke had a say in the recruitment, no manager in their right mind would stand back and get what he's given by a sporting director who has never played football let alone coached players, that's just mad

It would be interesting to know how much input Farke had into the recruitment. The players we got did not seem particularly suited to the way Farke set up his team, so do we assume that Farke had come to the conclusion that his style didn't work in the Prem and wanted to try something else? The sides he sent out this season suggest that. Or was Webber responsible for recruitment as a DoF and Farke had to cut his cloth to suit what he was given? No point trying to play Farkeball when you have players with the ball skills of Sargent at the club.

I know Webber has always said that Farke was actively involved in the recruitment of every player, but was that Webber giving himself a get-out-of-jail card if it all turned sour? Success and Webber gets the credit, failure and Farke takes the blame? 

On 16/03/2022 at 14:36, yellow_belly said:

Lincsy…

Oh, the irony of being called an idiot by someone that cannot spell…!

(It is you’re not your)

Dig at my spelling all you like. Doesn't change the fact you are an idiot. Dean Smith has none of his own players to work with, even Sir Alex Ferguson would struggle to get a tune out of this sorry lot. Judge the man with his own squad after 10-15 games next season. 

Paul Warne from Rovrum as next manager.....Local lad, a City fan, no history or skellingtons in the cupboard, will work within a sh!te an' tight budget, won't court a big salary an' does wonders with an average squad.....Oh, and he'll obey and do as he's bl00dy well told and won't rock the good ship Coracle Carra......

Edited by Mello Yello
coz I can