Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*** The official lappinitup vs London blues match thread***

Utterly embarrassing. No heart, no spark. Wrong selection, wrong formation. Lack of basics in defence. Nobody getting stuck in.

A league 1 side would make it harder for Chelsea than we have tonight so far. Pathetic, 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

It’s been the most entertaining thing of the first half. 

Stick the blackbird in our defence and it would probably do a better job than our lot to be fair

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Normann's had a few shockers since his return from injury. I though SMith would be big enough to drop those underperforming, rather than taking the Farke line of keep playing em in the hope they come good

Was hoping Rupp had a chance tonight, his energy would have helped in there

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

Reckon Smith might walk before he is sacked

I'd be happy with either

• Like 1

Down to Dean Smith tonight, suicidal team selection, clueless, gutless, hopeless. Rowe and Rupp should have been starting, hook that clown McLean at half time and get Norman off as he’s not interested. New level of poor on show. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Was hoping Rupp had a chance tonight, his energy would have helped in there

Nah everyone know Kenny 'pointing master' McLean is better, and by everyone I mean Farke and Smith

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well Dean, what was that?

Listen, we went 32 minutes without conceding. And against a top Chelsea team that is no mean feat. I think the formation just needed time to work but unfortunately Chelsea didn't give us time. But I think now we've mastered it we see a different Norwich in the 2nd half.

Thumbs Up on Apple iOS 14.6

Love the optimism and why not ?

3 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Thing is, Smith has an impossible job. Where he should attract the criticism is the failure to recruit in January. All we heard whilst rooted to the bottom of the table was 'we're happy with the squad'

So he's either blind, or he took the job knowing he wouldnt get any funds in January, so essentially he became a Webber shill, a collaborator in accepting that the team wasnt good enough to stay up and happy to accept that. 

No club should be happy to accept relegation, but we seem more than accepting of it

His job might be impossible but he hasn't exactly covered himself with glory since he came here. He had one tactic - hoof it up to Idah and hope that Pukki could pick up the pieces - and since Idah got injured, he has floundered around with weird formations and failing to deal with the real problem of a midfield which just isn't working. As several other people have said on this thread, at least with Farke we had an identity. With Smith we are an absolute scatter-chart of a team with no cohesion or structure or plan, and tonight we've even given up on diagonal hoofball to the wingers because we have no wingers. He is utterly out of his depth and apparently we are going to build our team around the players he wants next season. God help us.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Are we better under Smith?

Some people seem to think so - I dont see how. No plan or identity, different formation every week, a team Smith didnt make any noises about not being good enough in January, non-footballers like Sargent and Placheta in the team. Farke got sacked after 11 games at this level, 11 games after being given a 4 year contract and brutally at the high point of his season.

Dont see how we made a step forward by replacing Farke with Smith at all. Didnt at the time and still dont. Even if Smith somehow gets us promoted again next season it still wouldnt match Farke's achievements at the club. Sacking him was a massive mistake and I doubt I'll ever feel differently about the decision. We've gained practically nothing by doing it

• Like 3

Glad to see changes but **** me what does Kenny have on these managers? I saw it pointed out that he'd had 11 touches in the first half which is frankly disgraceful for a central midfielder. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

Some people seem to think so - I dont see how. No plan or identity, different formation every week, a team Smith didnt make any noises about not being good enough in January, non-footballers like Sargent and Placheta in the team. Farke got sacked after 11 games at this level, 11 games after being given a 4 year contract and brutally at the high point of his season.

Dont see how we made a step forward by replacing Farke with Smith at all. Didnt at the time and still dont. Even if Smith somehow gets us promoted again next season it still wouldnt match Farke's achievements at the club. Sacking him was a massive mistake and I doubt I'll ever feel differently about the decision. We've gained practically nothing by doing it

Well I know its only a rumour but Farke sacked when Smith became available. Webber a Smith admirer.

Denominator? Webber.

3 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Sacking Farke was a massive mistake 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

It did seem that Farke had run out of ideas and maybe he'd been here too long. We might have gained by sacking him if we had hired a good (or at least competent) manager to take his place, but Webber has apparently admired Smith for a long, long time. It seems that his judgement of managers is as accurate as his judgement of players. And now, being Norwich, there is no chance at all that we'll bite the bullet, admit we've made a mistake, and sack Farke's replacement.

• Like 1

i was going to post 2 down after 20 mins after seeing that line up but thought that would be read as too negative. All very predictable. 

at least there are more voices now calling for a change at the top. 

If we do get promoted again I wonder how many lemmings will be chanting ' we are premier league, we are premier league....'   laughable

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well I know its only a rumour but Farke sacked when Smith became available. Webber a Smith admirer.

Denominator? Webber.

Smith was sacked after Farke

Just now, king canary said:

Statistically 1 day according to the press. But who knows eh. Said it was only a rumour.

I think farkes tenure had come to a natural end. In the smith appointment it did smack a bit of a knee jerk reaction after kk et al had lead nowhere. Maybe next season we will see something in him (I hope so) . I honestly think now webber must go. His appointments of players and manager need scrutiny of the highest order. As for the board.....where is their passion. Surly they are hurting? If not clear out and let some one new in

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Lovely run from Rashica...but then Pukki's effort just looked so laboured. No belief. 

OTBC

Milots fault because he only put it on a plate not a velvet cushion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Well, some people think Webber might have heard on the grapevine that Smith was going to get the boot. I doubt it myself.

Either way it doesn't say much for Webber. Either he sacked Farke with no idea who was going to replace him or he sacked Farke in order to replace him with a vastly inferior manager.

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Sacking Farke was a massive mistake 

It wasn’t. He never adapted to playing in the PL, he did not look like turning things around or being able to do things differently. He abandoned his style after one or two games this season and didn’t have a plan B once he did that. 

You can argue over whether Smith was an improvement or not, but it was not a mistake to get rid of Farke.

• Like 1