Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*** The official lappinitup vs London blues match thread***

Just now, canarybubbles said:

Well, some people think Webber might have heard on the grapevine that Smith was going to get the boot. I doubt it myself.

Either way it doesn't say much for Webber. Either he sacked Farke with no idea who was going to replace him or he sacked Farke in order to replace him with a vastly inferior manager.

Farke was ****e, Smith has continued the ****eness with a few more points along the way. Don't think I'd be bragging if I was either of them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Rashica has only been on 5 minutes and is already the MotM.

OTBC

Don't worry, Smith will take him off again soon.

Just now, king canary said:

Farke was ****e, Smith has continued the ****eness with a few more points along the way. Don't think I'd be bragging if I was either of them. 

Yes but Smith walked into this mess. Farke and Webber created it. And then to not give Smith any funds whatsoever in Jan. P*ss poor planning by the Board. Do they even exists still 

• Like 1

Elsewhere Knutsen’s Bodo Glimt are leading in their Europa league knockout match. Looks like we got the wrong man in 

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

His job might be impossible but he hasn't exactly covered himself with glory since he came here. He had one tactic - hoof it up to Idah and hope that Pukki could pick up the pieces - and since Idah got injured, he has floundered around with weird formations and failing to deal with the real problem of a midfield which just isn't working. As several other people have said on this thread, at least with Farke we had an identity. With Smith we are an absolute scatter-chart of a team with no cohesion or structure or plan, and tonight we've even given up on diagonal hoofball to the wingers because we have no wingers. He is utterly out of his depth and apparently we are going to build our team around the players he wants next season. God help us.

If one is being generous one might say Smith is simply desperately trying to find a formula with a squad that isnt good enough. Next season, if he is still here, we might see a consistent way of playing, Smith-ball, once he has the players he wants to play it.

These arent his players and they were recruited for Farke's approach. But at present it is certainly difficult to see what Smith's brand of football is.

Farke-ball works when you have the best players in the division. We had enough proof that it cant be effective with the worst.

But I dont know what our vision for the future is now. At all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Elsewhere Knutsen’s Bodo Glimt are leading in their Europa league knockout match. Looks like we got the wrong man in 

Rumpelstiltskin couldn’t do a thing with this squad mate. 

Raschica is the only outfield player we have that would get in the 25 man squad of any other Premier League team, why on earth did we not start him?

18 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Back Three

Xpose Safety 28 Inch Orange Traffic Cones, Multipurpose ...

Midfield

10 Reasons Why The Sloth Might Actually Be Your Spirit Animal

Up front

The chicken that lived for 18 months without a head - BBC News

Club wanted a new badge. Surely these three components can be worked into some form of motif? May I suggest this for the goalkeepers?

Roll Wet White Toilet Paper On Stock Photo (Edit Now) 1286164615

You bring on Rashica, he shows his energy. Shame we don't bring on Rowe to see wat he can do with some proper game time

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

If one is being generous one might say Smith is simply desperately trying to find a formula with a squad that isnt good enough. Next season, if he is still here, we might see a consistent way of playing, Smith-ball, once he has the players he wants to play it.

These arent his players and they were recruited for Farke's approach. But at present it is certainly difficult to see what Smith's brand of football is.

Farke-ball works when you have the best players in the division. We had enough proof that it cant be effective with the worst.

But I dont know what our vision for the future is now. At all.

Smith won't be buying the players though will he. Cliche Webber will.

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

Rumpelstiltskin couldn’t do a thing with this squad mate. 

Maybe. But a manager who has got an unfashionable team punching way above their weight may well have given it a decent go 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

It wasn’t. He never adapted to playing in the PL, he did not look like turning things around or being able to do things differently. He abandoned his style after one or two games this season and didn’t have a plan B once he did that. 

You can argue over whether Smith was an improvement or not, but it was not a mistake to get rid of Farke.

He  has had huge success at the club, the question for me was could any other manager get more out of this squad in the EPL than Farke did, the answer appears to be no. When we are back in the Championship, who has a better track record than him in the current era of finding success? Who therefore would be a better manager? 

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

He  has had huge success at the club, the question for me was could any other manager get more out of squad in the EPL than Farke did, the answer appears to be no. When we are back in the Championship who has a better track record than him in the current era of finding success? Who therefore would be a better manager? 

He helped build this squad. For all Webber gets all the blame, he isn’t buying players without Farkes input. If the squad is poor that is on Farke too.

I actually think Smith has got a bit more out of them, but sadly not enough and keeping the belief and morale in a team doing badly is hard. We’ve looked a bit better in those games compared to how we looked at the start of the season.

18 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Sacking Farke was a massive mistake 

Let me be clear, I dont think Farke would be doing any better that Smith, but at least he had a direction, he knew the club top to bottom and the entire club was geared around that culture. We'd floundered for years for the man to make the academy blossom. And he did it whilst winning the league twice. He got no investment first time round in the Prem, I think any manager would have failed in those circumstances. This time round you could argue there were signs a corner had been turned (we'll never know) after a difficult run of games and Im pretty sure most fans will agree the recruitment has been an absolute disaster - something Farke takes no blame for.

Farke's greatest achievement was turning a team that had developed a losing mentality and turning them into champions again. That is remarkable. And we tossed him out the window in as callous a manner as I can remember a manager or player being treated.

Massive mistake for the club as a whole. Sacrificed for jam tomorrow

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2