Sign in to follow this  
BigFish

Chelsea frozen

Bloody hell. What does that mean? Technically most seized assets cannot engage in financial transactions but they can create exceptions in the freezing order. No fans in the ground? Merchandise sales suspended?

Good, was needed although interested in  details of what this actually means.

What about Maxim Demin? We might not be getting that fee for Cantwell after all.

12 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Bloody hell. What does that mean? Technically most seized assets cannot engage in financial transactions but they can create exceptions in the freezing order. No fans in the ground? Merchandise sales suspended?

Just announced on R5 Live that ticket sales are suspended but existing ticket holders can still attend. Merchandising to be stopped (but as I type they are still trading online) 

It would appear to mean that food, drink sales etc will also be stopped although that hasn't been confirmed 

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm sure he will find some loophole.

After all it's illegal to not pay tax and yet can you guess how many top businessmen and companies don't pay any tax? Oh, that's right... Most of them

Careful with that one - Tax avoidance  (legal) is different to tax evasion (illegal). 

https://informi.co.uk/finance/tax-evasion-v-tax-avoidance-essential-information-for-start-ups#:~:text=Tax evasion means concealing income,how much tax you owe.

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just announced on R5 Live that ticket sales are suspended but existing ticket holders can still attend. Merchandising to be stopped (but as I type they are still trading online) 

It would appear to mean that food, drink sales etc will also be stopped although that hasn't been confirmed 

That makes sense, in normal circumstances food and drink would have to be stopped. Interesting times.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

After all it's illegal to not pay tax and yet can you guess how many top businessmen and companies don't pay any tax? Oh, that's right... Most of them

Who knew you were as knowledgeable about the tax system as you are football.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Shall we hand out food parcels to those Chelsea fans who attend Carra tonight?.....

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Shall we hand out food parcels to those Chelsea fans who attend Carra tonight?.....

A job for @TeemuVanBasten. Have to grab these opportunities when they present themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Friendly thursdays off then?

Aww it was only meant to be gentle teasing, you do you, I personally happen to enjoy it 😘

• Haha 1

Chelski are now as skint as us. Let's all just rejoice with our combined poorness. I wanna see money buckets handed out to Chelsea fans tonight. That would be hilarious.

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

A job for @TeemuVanBasten. Have to grab these opportunities when they present themselves. 

Would let those pr*cks starve unless they promise to take back Billy Gilmour immediately.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

Chelski are now as skint as us. Let's all just rejoice with our combined poorness. I wanna see money buckets handed out to Chelsea fans tonight. That would be hilarious.

Wave some 20 pound notes at them 😂 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Tax avoidance isn’t illegal. It’s about reducing your tax liability with ways such as using limited companies etc. 

However, morally it’s a bit frowned upon, especially high profile big earners.

At the end of the day, I assume most of us would love to pay less tax and would use these legal methods.

Edited by (Hoola)Han Solo

Does this mean their players are not allowed to move on the pitch too? maybe we can avenge the 7-0 after all.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, duke63 said:

Does this mean their players are not allowed to move on the pitch too? maybe we can avenge the 7-0 after all.

We still wouldn’t score 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Wave some 20 pound notes at them 😂 

What are they??

1 minute ago, daly said:

What are they??

You cant even buy 1 KWh of fuel / energy with that these days!

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just wait until you hear about 50 pound notes.

Not even sure they exist!

They do, tried to use one once in a shop and the cashier looked at me like I’d just asked her to lap dance for me.. seems nobody wants them

As things stand it will be interesting to see what happens if they get to the FAC semi final. It appears one end of the stadium will be empty. 

Also just announced that they have a travel expenditure cap of £20k per game. That includes European games when they would normally take 50 staff including players. 

34 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

No ticket sales, no merchandise. Season ticket holders can attend.

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

As things stand it will be interesting to see what happens if they get to the FAC semi final. It appears one end of the stadium will be empty. 

Also just announced that they have a travel expenditure cap of £20k per game. That includes European games when they would normally take 50 staff including players. 

Nothing to stop them giving the tickets away - 
Either Chelsea - if the FA give them any, to fans already registered etc. 
Or the FA to forces / NHS / essential workers and the like.

1 minute ago, duke63 said:

Best part is they cannot buy or sell players.

Does that mean we are stuck with Billy...............forever....................