Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Liverpool Away FA Cup

So we come to the middle part of ‘3 matches to saviour’ on Wednesday. What could help our chances of further prepress in this competition? Obviously Liverpool resting several players and then playing crap would help the cause. 

I don’t want to point the finger at any particular player but not seeing Kenny in the starting X1 would give 90% on here a lift. What’s your thoughts and who would you like to see starting the match? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

So we come to the middle part of ‘3 matches to saviour’ on Wednesday. What could help our chances of further prepress in this competition? Obviously Liverpool resting several players and then playing crap would help the cause. 

I don’t want to point the finger at any particular player but not seeing Kenny in the starting X1 would give 90% on here a lift. What’s your thoughts and who would you like to see starting the match? 

If this is ‘not pointing the finger at any particular player’ I’d love to see what is.

• Like 3

It is a tricky selection for Smith given that basically if we don’t beat Brentford on Saturday we are completely done.

I didn’t actually realise Liverpool are playing the league cup final today. Agreed it might be our best ever chance to get a result there but do you gamble a chance Premiership survival or a 1 in 10 at Anfield.

Still don’t understand the hate for Kenny do people realise it’s Rupp who would be replacing him not Super Mario or Mo Leitner. Kenny like all are midfield players has flaws which are the reason they play for Norwich. Kenny is goodish at everything but great at nothing, Normann is a touch too slow so is lungi,Rupp has no end product, Gilmour is lost out of possession, PLM is spend after 50 minutes.

Edited by Ulfotto
  • Like 2

I personally would drive Kenny to Glasgow Rangers should be no where near a green and yellow shirt

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

It is a tricky selection for Smith given that basically if we don’t beat Brentford on Saturday we are completely done.

I didn’t actually realise Liverpool are playing the league cup final today. Agreed it might be our best ever chance to get a result there but do you gamble a chance Premiership survival or a 1 in 10 at Anfield.

Still don’t understand the hate for Kenny do people realise it’s Rupp who would be replacing him not Super Mario or Mo Leitner. Kenny like all are midfield players have flaws which are the reason they play for Norwich. Kenny is goodish at everything but great at nothing, Normann is a touch too slow so is lungi,Rupp has no end product, Gilmour is lost out of possession, PLM is spend after 50 minutes.

That’s the myth that he is goodish at everything. He’s actually very average at some things and awful at others. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

If this is ‘not pointing the finger at any particular player’ I’d love to see what is.

..not seeing Salah,Mane,Diaz or Firmino in the starting line-up would give me a lift!!!!!🥴

11 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Your maths is way off, so far.

At this stage just 40% would be lifted by McLean being excluded from the line up (2 of 5 posters agree with your view)

I doubt it’s really just 40%.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That’s the myth that he is goodish at everything. He’s actually very average at some things and awful at others. 

What is he awful at? 

Liverpool playing today and being right back in the title chase is the only thing that may help us achieve an upset. Though even a team of

Kelleher

Gomez

Konate

Matip

Tsimikas

Henderson

Keita

Minamino

Diaz

Oxlade Changing Room

Origi

would probably still comfortably beat us

1 hour ago, Fiery Zac said:

Liverpool playing today and being right back in the title chase is the only thing that may help us achieve an upset. Though even a team of

Kelleher

Gomez

Konate

Matip

Tsimikas

Henderson

Keita

Minamino

Diaz

Oxlade Changing Room

Origi

would probably still comfortably beat us

If we play like we did against Southampton Accrington Stanley would probably still beat us ☹️

4 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

If we play like we did against Southampton Accrington Stanley would probably still beat us ☹️

Whilst I agree about how we played against Southampton I do feel that they are a better team than many are giving them credit for. 

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I doubt it’s really just 40%.

12 people have engaged with this thread (via posts or reactions).

You and two others would be lifted by McLean's exclusion (25%)

Nine have not agreed with you (75%)

Every season we get a number of posters blaming one player for our poor results.

As if leaving that one player out is the answer to the team's problems.

• Like 1

Just want to see the back of Liverpool and Klopp's teeth. Bad enough we had to play them in the league, but to draw them twice more in the two cups is tedious to the extreme. Would far rather lose to a real club than Liverpool - going out to a club that goes all out to win with it's best players would be preferable.

However, it is what it is and we have to try and win it and we will have a chance, but really, the bigger game is next Saturday against Brentford. 

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Just want to see the back of Liverpool and Klopp's teeth. Bad enough we had to play them in the league, but to draw them twice more in the two cups is tedious to the extreme. Would far rather lose to a real club than Liverpool - going out to a club that goes all out to win with it's best players would be preferable.

However, it is what it is and we have to try and win it and we will have a chance, but really, the bigger game is next Saturday against Brentford. 

I’d take beating Liverpool and a defeat to Brentford any day. 

24 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Hopefully they'll be on the lash for a couple of days now 👍

They can be on the lash until 20.15pm on Wednesday………they would still have enough about them to beat us if there is any repeat of the Southampton away performance….

Hilarious to hear Klopp moaning about having to play again on Wednesday. Think your enormous squad of world-class players will probably be ok, Jürgen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

Whilst I agree about how we played against Southampton I do feel that they are a better team than many are giving them credit for. 

A friend of mine in a lifelong Spurs fan and he says that Southampton totally outplayed Tottenham a couple of weeks back, but that still doesn't alter the fact that we were absolutely dire, particularly given the spirited performance against Liverpool. It seems we alternate between promising and poor from game to game.

Edited by Sooty57
typo

The league is finished, Brentford on Saturday is irrelevant, we will be 20th come the end.    Must go to Anfield and play our best team which definitely doesn’t include Kenny, Billy or Sargent unless he plays with Pukki in a 4-4-2 so he doesn’t have to defend so much.   

Must got to Liverpool with our best team even if it could mean Pukki getting injured and having no recognised striker left for the end of the season simply cause our chances of staying up are realistically no better than 10%!

As for Mclean, I'd agree wholeheartedly hes not good enough for the Premier League like nearly all the rest of the team but his tenacity and attitude are the reasons he keeps in the team. I'd drop Gilmour before Mclean!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

The league is finished, Brentford on Saturday is irrelevant, we will be 20th come the end.    Must go to Anfield and play our best team which definitely doesn’t include Kenny, Billy or Sargent unless he plays with Pukki in a 4-4-2 so he doesn’t have to defend so much.   

Exactly. 

6 hours ago, NewNestCarrow said:

12 people have engaged with this thread (via posts or reactions).

You and two others would be lifted by McLean's exclusion (25%)

Nine have not agreed with you (75%)

If you really believe 75% agree with that your deluded. Look back at any match thread team picks and see how many clamour for Kenny to start. 

I tend to agree that Kenny's continued inclusion in the starting 11 is indicative of the fact we have never adequately sorted the midfield. But that is not his fault and in terms of the midfielders we do have then he's done nothing to deserve being dropped at the moment. I thought he was good at Anfield. Less so at Southampton but then all the midfielders were crap there. I'd like to see Sorensen back in for this one to give him some minutes, ideally alongside Normann to see how that works.

4 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Really? Why?

Beat Liverpool and then getting lucky with a 6th round draw could leave us odds on to for a Wembley semi final. Beating Brentford will be too little too late, no way are 3 other teams worse than us in this league.