lake district canary

Three matches to savour

If my auntie had balls......etc, but if we can win the next three games, we will not only be in the last 8 of the cup, but on 23 points with a game in hand over Brentford. Now I don't know what other teams around us will do, but if we can win these games, it sets up the run in to the end of the season with still a lot of interest for us. There will a concertina effect of dragging other teams into the relegation fight and we will be in the thick of it - and still in the cup.

You always have to win your own games to achieve anything and we can still do that. Eight days to decide how the season will look, starting tomorrow. Lose them and it looks bleak, but win them and our season has taken off - big time. 

Much to be excited about, a tantalising, season defining, week coming up. Three matches to shape the season.

Get excited!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

If my auntie had balls......etc, but if we can win the next three games, we will not only be in the last 8 of the cup, but on 23 points with a game in hand over Brentford. Now I don't know what other teams around us will do, but if we can win these games, it sets up the run in to the end of the season with still a lot of interest for us. There will a concertina effect of dragging other teams into the relegation fight and we will be in the thick of it - and still in the cup.

You always have to win your own games to achieve anything and we can still do that. Eight days to decide how the season will look, starting tomorrow. Lose them and it looks bleak, but win them and our season has taken off - big time. 

Much to be excited about, a tantalising, season defining, week coming up. Three matches to shape the season.

Get excited!

I’m excited, my trousers are bulging with that prospect. Now the tricky part though, winning the three matches. 

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Get excited!

What a complete load of tub thumping drivel

We have a reasonable chance of beating Brentford at home. An outside chance of beating Southampton away. And no chance of beating Liverpool at Anfield.

• Haha 1

Well we play on Friday so it will either be a very good weekend, or not.

Brentford at home to Newcastle Saturday afternoon. 

We really need at least a point against Southampton to put a nit of pressure on the Bees.

Edited by Capt. Pants

You can't knock Lakey's optimism though 👍

Having said that, if he were in the Ukraine at the moment, he may well be thinking "If I can hit that tank with my catapult Putin will call his troops back".

• Haha 2

Said it before  , when Lakeyo was on the Titanic,  and it was apparent that it was sinking, he was the only person on board extolling the virtues of an ice bath.

2 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Front, back or both? 😋

OTBC

The stonker of stonkers at the front. Tight trousers on and still no one notices. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

What a complete load of tub thumping drivel

He’s a supporter, supporting his club. What would you prefer? “We’re sh1t, we’re already relegated. We might as well phone the PL and concede the rest of our matches”? 

Why not tell us what YOU think, rather than slagging off other people’s posts?

(And in case you ask, I think we still have a chance of staying up, I love the new sense of possibility since Smith has come in, so while he may be a little over-enthusiastic for me, I’m with Lakey! OTBC!)

• Like 1

It's bloody unlikely, but until every final whistle is blown, I shall believe until the maths tell me otherwise.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

It's bloody unlikely, but until every final whistle is blown, I shall believe until the maths tell me otherwise.

Agreed. We need someone to start banging in the goals though. We don't score enough.

Come on Teemu, get those shooting boots on!

Loving the enthusiasm, Lakey. 

I think survival is very unlikely, given how Burnley and the Saudis seem to have got their act together. Leeds and Brentford give us hope, but it's going to be tough.

When I saw the title of your post I thought you were talking about the next three league games. If we can get seven out of nine from Soton, the Bees and Dirty Leeds, that really will put the cat among the pigeons. Given Smith's record so far against bottom-half teams, it's not impossible. And he's got something close to a first-choice team available too. Let's believe. Why wouldn't you?

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Get excited!

"We're gonna eat lightnin' and we're gonna crap thunder!"

OTBC
Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

He’s a supporter, supporting his club. What would you prefer? “We’re sh1t, we’re already relegated. We might as well phone the PL and concede the rest of our matches”? 

Why not tell us what YOU think, rather than slagging off other people’s posts?

(And in case you ask, I think we still have a chance of staying up, I love the new sense of possibility since Smith has come in, so while he may be a little over-enthusiastic for me, I’m with Lakey! OTBC!)

Touchy

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Wouldn't we be on 26 points if we win the next 3 games?

One is a cup game.

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Get excited!

I love the optimism and it is exciting. It’s great we have something left to play for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daisy said:

One is a cup game.

Oh I see, good point. 

This thread is more proof of reactions based on poster rather than post, which is just bizarre hit very interesting.

On Saturday Ricardo declared we were relegated months ago. Zero reaction. He’s lauded as one of the best posters on here…because he does a match report? Because he’s old? Because he’s been a member for a long time? Now I have no idea who he is or what sort of person he is. But in all honesty as a poster I generally find him very negative (whilst claiming it’s just realism) and also extremely condescending when challenged. He’s also wildly inaccurate when making predictions yet somehow has the aura of an oracle. But I don’t criticise every post because of who he is, and in fact if I look back I guarantee I have liked a lot of his posts and been very complimentary in conversation with him.

This isn’t supposed to be a Ricardo bashing post but merely an example of one poster who is portrayed in the opposite to my general opinion but who, along with everyone else, deserves their post to be read before a reaction is made. And if an automatic, subconscious reaction forms, surely the time between auto response and writing a reply, the brain will kick in and the poster will realise just how unnecessary their reaction is? 

I find LDC (and many others) is judged simply for being LDC and not for what he posts.

I entirely agree with the OP and will remain forever the optimist until it is mathematically certain we are down or are out of the cup etc. I don’t understand the thought process of thinking or saying we were relegated months ago or we’re doomed etc. if you believe that then why bother going/watching? Do posters get satisfaction out of acting all knowing? They may well be right and we get relegated but it is not done and dusted yet. Records are there to be broken and what an amazing story it would be.

We have seen many Norwich miracles in our time, and many in the last decade or so. So many special special moments. Who’s to say the great escape won’t happen and become the next in a long line of fantastic city moments.

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fiery Zac said:

This thread is more proof of reactions based on poster rather than post, which is just bizarre hit very interesting.

On Saturday Ricardo declared we were relegated months ago. Zero reaction. He’s lauded as one of the best posters on here…because he does a match report? Because he’s old? Because he’s been a member for a long time? Now I have no idea who he is or what sort of person he is. But in all honesty as a poster I generally find him very negative (whilst claiming it’s just realism) and also extremely condescending when challenged. He’s also wildly inaccurate when making predictions yet somehow has the aura of an oracle. But I don’t criticise every post because of who he is, and in fact if I look back I guarantee I have liked a lot of his posts and been very complimentary in conversation with him.

This isn’t supposed to be a Ricardo bashing post but merely an example of one poster who is portrayed in the opposite to my general opinion but who, along with everyone else, deserves their post to be read before a reaction is made. And if an automatic, subconscious reaction forms, surely the time between auto response and writing a reply, the brain will kick in and the poster will realise just how unnecessary their reaction is? 

I find LDC (and many others) is judged simply for being LDC and not for what he posts.

I entirely agree with the OP and will remain forever the optimist until it is mathematically certain we are down or are out of the cup etc. I don’t understand the thought process of thinking or saying we were relegated months ago or we’re doomed etc. if you believe that then why bother going/watching? Do posters get satisfaction out of acting all knowing? They may well be right and we get relegated but it is not done and dusted yet. Records are there to be broken and what an amazing story it would be.

We have seen many Norwich miracles in our time, and many in the last decade or so. So many special special moments. Who’s to say the great escape won’t happen and become the next in a long line of fantastic city moments.

Great post, the problem here is Lakey would suggest we could stay up if we needed 18 points with 6 matches left. He’d then warn us not to count our chickens when we’re 1000/1 on to gain promotion as in previous seasons. As Depeche Mode said “Get the balance right” 

16 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Great post, the problem here is Lakey would suggest we could stay up if we needed 18 points with 6 matches left. He’d then warn us not to count our chickens when we’re 1000/1 on to gain promotion as in previous seasons. As Depeche Mode said “Get the balance right” 

Depeche Mode said a lot of things...a lot of them not suitable before 9pm watershed.