cambridgeshire canary

So if we go down how much of a squad rebuild will we need?

Just now, Danke bitte said:

Don’t forget about our footballing equivalent of a unicorn… that mysteriously elusive DM..

Lungi's surely got to get first crack at that in the Champs, right?

• Like 2

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

For me, Placheta suffers from the fact that Pukki's our main man up top, and Sargent's the main presence on the right. Threading low crosses in is not his forte. Give him a big lad or two to aim at and I think you'll solve a few of his issues. Rashica's playing far too well for any switches there and has a natural partnership with Sargent due to their time together at Bremen.

But I reckon if you put Placheta on the left, Idah up top and Sargent on the right, that could be lethal if it clicked. All Placheta would need to do is work a yard of space and float balls in.

Have to agree to disagree on that. I've seen very little from Placheta to suggest he's a good crosser of the ball. He's an OK squad option but not someone I'd want to rely on week in week out personally.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Have to agree to disagree on that. I've seen very little from Placheta to suggest he's a good crosser of the ball. He's an OK squad option but not someone I'd want to rely on week in week out personally.

Fair enough, I think he suffered from being part of an envisaged plan B as he came the month before Hugill. Prime example of where it should work - FA Cup goal against Coventry. Placheta really didn't need to overthink it - just get to the bye line and float one in. Hugill's eyes lit up, he climbed all over it, goal. He's not had too many chances to do that simply as most of the time Pukki's been the main man and justifiably so.

Placheta struggled in the Champs last time simply as practically every damn team sat damn deep against us trying to deprive Pukki space to run in behind (or indeed Przemek himself, for that matter). He's not going to hit through balls and channel balls for Pukki, that's where Cantwell, Dowell or Buendia's strengths lie. Pukki isn't going to win many headers either so Placheta's inevitably not going to look that good as he's got to try to find a striker whose primary weapons are not things Przemek naturally has in his locker.

But if such teams sit deep, and we have both Idah and Sargent wandering in, we've then got a far more pronounced aerial threat. Float balls in, and it also gives them more margin for error compared to zipping them across the box. Sargent's header against Watford from Rashica's cross was a prime example. Rashica floated it high, Sargent made up about fifteen yards as it hung in the air, totally overpowered a much smaller full-back in Kamara and planted that header. It also means Przemek doesn't have to hit bye lines, he can cross from earlier with a yard of space and not overthink it.

I could be wrong and it could fail, but I don't see how Przemek is likely to look that good if we only play one up top and it's Pukki. And that's why I think he looks very limited and overthinks stuff in attack.

Think it needs longer term thinking and focus on EPL quality.... would suggest we need two years in the Champs this time.   

Simply playing players like Platcheta, McLean and Dowell in the Championship is not productive since they don't possess EPL quality, we have to get beyond that and try something else in future, otherwise we're not getting out of this pattern of being 20th!  Skipp played to the teams detriment if not the clubs finances, that is fact.    We mustn't loan players in the Championship, it contradicts completely with the philosophy.  

Primarily, we need central midfielders who can compete at EPL level, who can stop teams, cover spaces etc.... power, athleticism, anticipation, all skills needed before the ultimate quality.... we need to do something that we didn't do with Godfrey, try and develop players in CDM that fit a mould.    Scout different skills.... I'd even get Famewo back and give him a go, since he's had a very good loan at Charlton, would try him at CDM as he is athletic, anticipates well and he can play a bit too, often brings the ball out for Charlton..... seen enough players emerge from a different position and succeed.  But i think we may have let that ship sail, sadly.     

Need to share out the playing time more and gamble next year expecting not to be promoted... use it to develop youngsters, Omobamidele, Sargent (although I do fear his effort won't bridge the gap his lack of quality creates), Tzolis, Rowe, Idah, Mumba, Sorensen, Dickson-Peters, Adshead etc... alongside the experience so we have a wider pool of capability.    

If Tzolis is not regarded as a starter, then he needs a loan; fear we may have already destroyed his career before it started.  Hope i am wrong, but this move seems at present as bad for him as much as it has been disappointing for us.   Expectation was always unrealistic.

None of the current loans would be worth keeping except Normann, who is unlikely to stay as 1) we won't pay for him on relegation and 2) he will get better offers now.    They all have higher aspirations, Gilmour would be a loan, like Skipp, a hindrance to development of others and the team, Kabak no better than what we have and Williams, would also only be a loan, and whilst he can defend, he doesn't offer good attacking options or balance and we need that.   

Losing Aarons will be disappointing but we have options, Cantwell, seems we lost him a while ago although neither he or the supporters have helped that situation... so Rashica, Pukki and Krul are the only one's of real concern.   We may decide that Rashica is worth selling (he's not, we need to build around him) but that's what we do.   Need to keep Teemu and Tim.

Think there is quite a lot of positives in there, but I can't see us promoted so easily next season and if we were, suspect we wouldn't be ready for the step yet again.   Would be happy to see us working in the right direction though and getting rid of players that can't cut the EPL.

Edited by ged in the onion bag
  • Thanks 1

The concern here is that the majority of the comments here are based on can we manage to cobble together a team good enough to compete in the championship. The answer to that is probably yes.

BUT the real question that the club needs to answer is can we build a squad good enough to survive in the premier league if we are promoted. That means we need to keep Rashica and, as someone else mentioned, spending money on acquiring Normann and other players of his quality. 

Surely none of us want to keep going through same cycle with us relying on the hope players like Tzolis may eventually come good.

52 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Fair enough, I think he suffered from being part of an envisaged plan B as he came the month before Hugill. Prime example of where it should work - FA Cup goal against Coventry. Placheta really didn't need to overthink it - just get to the bye line and float one in. Hugill's eyes lit up, he climbed all over it, goal. He's not had too many chances to do that simply as most of the time Pukki's been the main man and justifiably so.

Placheta struggled in the Champs last time simply as practically every damn team sat damn deep against us trying to deprive Pukki space to run in behind (or indeed Przemek himself, for that matter). He's not going to hit through balls and channel balls for Pukki, that's where Cantwell, Dowell or Buendia's strengths lie. Pukki isn't going to win many headers either so Placheta's inevitably not going to look that good as he's got to try to find a striker whose primary weapons are not things Przemek naturally has in his locker.

But if such teams sit deep, and we have both Idah and Sargent wandering in, we've then got a far more pronounced aerial threat. Float balls in, and it also gives them more margin for error compared to zipping them across the box. Sargent's header against Watford from Rashica's cross was a prime example. Rashica floated it high, Sargent made up about fifteen yards as it hung in the air, totally overpowered a much smaller full-back in Kamara and planted that header. It also means Przemek doesn't have to hit bye lines, he can cross from earlier with a yard of space and not overthink it.

I could be wrong and it could fail, but I don't see how Przemek is likely to look that good if we only play one up top and it's Pukki. And that's why I think he looks very limited and overthinks stuff in attack.

I don't know what people have seen in Platcheta, I haven't seem much to suggest he's playable.    Gives the ball away constantly, not great skill, doesn't use his pace to any benefit, can't cross.... passing is very average, doesnt score or create opportunities, struggles defensively, whats the hype?   

57 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

I don't know what people have seen in Platcheta, I haven't seem much to suggest he's playable.    Gives the ball away constantly, not great skill, doesn't use his pace to any benefit, can't cross.... passing is very average, doesnt score or create opportunities, struggles defensively, whats the hype?   

I think I pretty much answered why he's struggled somewhat in my previous post! He looks like his crossing's not great / doesn't create opportunities / gives the ball away a fair bit as largely he's got Pukki to aim at as our plan A striker/attacker. If he's on for Sargent, he's got Pukki and Rashica to aim at, occasionally Idah. Only one of those three's a consistent threat in the air.

If he still struggles when we have several big lads to aim at (which should also push an opposing defence up the pitch and away from their goal - which in theory means he should then get space to run in behind), then we can think of cutting losses.

On 21/02/2022 at 08:19, PurpleCanary said:

Rashica will stay, whether he likes it or not, unless we get offered very silly money for him. There is a very decent chance Normann will agree to joining us permanently. Possibly Williams too. A starting-eleven striker will be signed, since there is as far as I can gather, going on reports, no solid evidence that Idah, when fit, has the makings of a top of the league Championship player, and Sargent seems to be only sort of a striker.

I'm sure most posters would recognise the 'authoritative' nature of your contributions Purple but on this occasion you must be on one hell of a 'wind up'!!!

3 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

If Tzolis is not regarded as a starter, then he needs a loan; fear we may have already destroyed his career before it started

It amazes me how many 'fans' see the absolute worst in this club. He is 19 and has taken time to adjust to moving away from home and is struggling to get into a premiership team. There are plenty of 27 year olds who faced the same problem let alone 19. He is the same age as Maddison, when we destroyed his career by loaning him to Aberdeen without playing for us. He is the same school age as Flynn Clarke for crying out loud, we destroyed him too?

Tzolis was offered a contract at this club, on more money with greater career opportunities and he sensibly signed it. We didn't kidnap him or hold a gun to his head. He has struggled to adapt to the hardest league in the world, it's hardly his last chance at success.

Edited by hertfordyellow
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

I'm sure most posters would recognise the 'authoritative' nature of your contributions Purple but on this occasion you must be on one hell of a 'wind up'!!!

Well, we shall see! It was meant entirely seriously.

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Well, we shall see! It was meant entirely seriously.

I actually agree with you that Rashica might end up staying. A few things would need to happen for Normann to be signed (Cantwell to go for £11 million and Aarons to be sold for around £20 million and Normann to fall for Norfolk's charms) but I wouldn't call it an impossibility. 

You lost me at Brandon Williams joining permanently though. Several sources quote him at being on £60k a week plus and contracted to 2024. There is absolutely no chance he will be on a permanent contract at Norwich if we are in the Championship next season.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hertfordyellow said:

It amazes me how many 'fans' see the absolute worst in this club. He is 19 and has taken time to adjust to moving away from home and is struggling to get into a premiership team. There are plenty of 27 year olds who faced the same problem let alone 19. He is the same age as Maddison, when we destroyed his career by loaning him to Aberdeen without playing for us. He is the same school age as Flynn Clarke for crying out loud, we destroyed him too?

Tzolis was offered a contract at this club, on more money with greater career opportunities and he sensibly signed it. We didn't kidnap him or hold a gun to his head. He has struggled to adapt to the hardest league in the world, it's hardly his last chance at success.

Rarely do i see the worst in our club, I support and am proud of the way we do things.... I don't disagree with your view on this either, you make a fair argument and hope you are right.    The point is, IMO, at 19 he is much more vulnerable mentally, and this experience may have happened too soon when his mind may not be right..... If he has lost confidence as a consequence of not living up to his and our expectation, he may not recover that which would be a great shame for both him and us.    Its just a fear I have for him, nothing more.   

In this particular case, regardless of his talent, his signing was a mistake since we needed something oven ready for this season!    

23 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

That is a fair point about Rashica being some way into his career. But to be clear I wasn't saying we might not have a fight to keep Rashica. The contrast I was making was between that being a fight we might well win, even if the player wanted to leave, and the situation with Buendia, where I believe the circumstances were such that we had very little realistic chance of keeping him, and there was a strong argument that selling that one would enable to buy several others.

I agree that Rashica might end up staying, but that will most likely because 1) we don't have a club meet our valuation (probably £15-20 mil), or 2) he decides he wants to stay at NCFC (which could happen in fairness as he does seem settled / happy here).

But one thing I am confident won't happen is us rejecting acceptable bids for him when he also wants to leave. I can't think of any examples of this happening in recent times under Webber, and you'd probably have to go as far back as the Hoolahan / Villa saga for the last time it did! 

15 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I actually agree with you that Rashica might end up staying. A few things would need to happen for Normann to be signed (Cantwell to go for £11 million and Aarons to be sold for around £20 million and Normann to fall for Norfolk's charms) but I wouldn't call it an impossibility. 

You lost me at Brandon Williams joining permanently though. Several sources quote him at being on £60k a week plus and contracted to 2024. There is absolutely no chance he will be on a permanent contract at Norwich if we are in the Championship next season.

Since I haven't see a minute's football since the Euro final last July it's gratifying that posters take my views seriously enough to disagree with them!🤩

22 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I agree that Rashica might end up staying, but that will most likely because 1) we don't have a club meet our valuation (probably £15-20 mil), or 2) he decides he wants to stay at NCFC (which could happen in fairness as he does seem settled / happy here).

But one thing I am confident won't happen is us rejecting acceptable bids for him when he also wants to leave. I can't think of any examples of this happening in recent times under Webber, and you'd probably have to go as far back as the Hoolahan / Villa saga for the last time it did! 

With respect unless you are very close to the club I doubt you can be sure of that. We may well have privately turned down that kind of offer. For example, I would be surprised if we didn't have an offer for Buendia after relegation in the summer of 2020 that he wanted us to accept but which we rejected.

Looking at Webber's dealings once he really got started, in terms of significant departures in the summer of 2018 we sold Maddison and Josh Murphy. The former had to go to balance the books, and I don't think fans were too disappointed to see Josh Murphy go.

In the summer of 2019 the only big name departures  were Pinto, Oliveira and Naismith, all of whom we definitely wanted shot of to get their wages off the books.

In the summer of 2020 we sold Lewis and Godfrey. In an ideal world we might have liked Godfrey to stay, but the reality is we often need to sell to survive financially.

And last summer only Buendia, but I am convinced in that case we could not have kept him. Whereas I just don't see Rashica having the leverage to force us to sell that Buendia had, especially if there had been some kind of promise/thanks for staying with us after relegation.

48 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Rarely do i see the worst in our club, I support and am proud of the way we do things.... I don't disagree with your view on this either, you make a fair argument and hope you are right.    The point is, IMO, at 19 he is much more vulnerable mentally, and this experience may have happened too soon when his mind may not be right..... If he has lost confidence as a consequence of not living up to his and our expectation, he may not recover that which would be a great shame for both him and us.    Its just a fear I have for him, nothing more.   

In this particular case, regardless of his talent, his signing was a mistake since we needed something oven ready for this season!    

It's a tough one, I can see why people would say it's a mistake to sign him if he isn't ready or too young. Nine million is a decent part of the budget and could have funded a better CM option who is ready to play now.

On the other hand, I don't think he was signed to go out on loan and be ready for future seasons. He scored a number of Europa goals last season, he is a full Greek international. He was ahead of say Maddison at that age. There was always a chance that he would need time but also a chance he provides something different that won games that we would have drawn.

We can't afford polished premiership performers like most other clubs. We have to buy them young or yet to be proven at a top level. We have had to take chances. Wages wise, not too many will be willing to sign such a water tight relegation wage drop. 

If he goes on to have a great season in the Championship then he'll be well worth the money and if he has the potential that our scouts think then we will have real asset (Maddison esq).

16 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

With respect unless you are very close to the club I doubt you can be sure of that. We may well have privately turned down that kind of offer. For example, I would be surprised if we didn't have an offer for Buendia after relegation in the summer of 2020 that he wanted us to accept but which we rejected.

Looking at Webber's dealings once he really got started, in terms of significant departures in the summer of 2018 we sold Maddison and Josh Murphy. The former had to go to balance the books, and I don't think fans were too disappointed to see Josh Murphy go.

In the summer of 2019 the only big name departures  were Pinto, Oliveira and Naismith, all of whom we definitely wanted shot of to get their wages off the books.

In the summer of 2020 we sold Lewis and Godfrey. In an ideal world we might have liked Godfrey to stay, but the reality is we often need to sell to survive financially.

And last summer only Buendia, but I am convinced in that case we could not have kept him. Whereas I just don't see Rashica having the leverage to force us to sell that Buendia had, especially if there had been some kind of promise/thanks for staying with us after relegation.

I did caveat that we wouldn’t reject an ‘acceptable’ offer if the player also wanted to leave. That doesn’t mean we haven’t previously rejected bids, just that our valuation wasn’t met. If a club came in and met our valuation of Buendia in the summer of 2020 then I am sure he would’ve left. Webber did the same public drumming up of interest thing that he did in the early summer of 2021 too. 

I think we were also surprised to only lose 2 of the golden 5 that 2020 window and the multiple signings made to the attacking midfield without it weakening were somewhat an indicator that our Buendia or Cantwell replacements were already through the door.

I don’t think it would be preposterous to see Rashica stay, as I said, but we do need to sell to buy in the next window assuming it is a championship one, and he and Aarons probably represent the two most obvious candidates of players who would fetch a good fee to fund our incomings.

The question would then be, would Webber prefer to keep Rashica and/or Aarons or have £20-40million to potentially spend? Hard to say but I get the feeling he’d want to freshen up the squad and it’s prospects and he might see Aarons and/or Rashica as potentially disposable as part of any overhaul.

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

he question would then be, would Webber prefer to keep Rashica and/or Aarons or have £20-40million to potentially spend? Hard to say but I get the feeling he’d want to freshen up the squad and it’s prospects and he might see Aarons and/or Rashica as potentially disposable as part of any overhaul.

As others have said above, any reinvestment should be with one eye on the Premier League rather than purchasing /loaning players that either won’t make it on promotion or go back to their parent club. I know that seems obvious but somehow it wasn’t obvious to recruitment that we’d lose Skipp, and Sorenson, Placheta and Hugill just weren’t / aren’t Premier League options. 

26 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I did caveat that we wouldn’t reject an ‘acceptable’ offer if the player also wanted to leave. That doesn’t mean we haven’t previously rejected bids, just that our valuation wasn’t met. If a club came in and met our valuation of Buendia in the summer of 2020 then I am sure he would’ve left. Webber did the same public drumming up of interest thing that he did in the early summer of 2021 too. 

I think we were also surprised to only lose 2 of the golden 5 that 2020 window and the multiple signings made to the attacking midfield without it weakening were somewhat an indicator that our Buendia or Cantwell replacements were already through the door.

I don’t think it would be preposterous to see Rashica stay, as I said, but we do need to sell to buy in the next window assuming it is a championship one, and he and Aarons probably represent the two most obvious candidates of players who would fetch a good fee to fund our incomings.

The question would then be, would Webber prefer to keep Rashica and/or Aarons or have £20-40million to potentially spend? Hard to say but I get the feeling he’d want to freshen up the squad and it’s prospects and he might see Aarons and/or Rashica as potentially disposable as part of any overhaul.

That's all fair. I am assuming Aarons and Cantwell will leave for starters. Any other significant departures will depend on how much money needs to balance the books and whether we need to pay a large sum to buy, for example,  a quality striker.

• Like 2

On Placheta, I think you would find he will be a lot more productive under DS at a lower level than he was under Farke. Clearly a run-and-kick footballer who had to take an extra 2 seconds to try and remember what he had been instructed to do in DF system. Potentially say the same about Rashica and Tzolis earlier in the season too (though the latter is a bit more of an enigma).

Cantwell and Max will go, I think Rashica will have a taker at 15m or so (based on how he's starting to fire). Giannoulis will be off, PLM I think will go back to a reasonable club in France; anyone else depends on if a sufficient bid comes in.

IMO we will need a starting LB, 2x dynamic, physically-able CMs and a real goal-scoring attacking midfielder. 

22 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

It's a tough one, I can see why people would say it's a mistake to sign him if he isn't ready or too young. Nine million is a decent part of the budget and could have funded a better CM option who is ready to play now.

On the other hand, I don't think he was signed to go out on loan and be ready for future seasons. He scored a number of Europa goals last season, he is a full Greek international. He was ahead of say Maddison at that age. There was always a chance that he would need time but also a chance he provides something different that won games that we would have drawn.

We can't afford polished premiership performers like most other clubs. We have to buy them young or yet to be proven at a top level. We have had to take chances. Wages wise, not too many will be willing to sign such a water tight relegation wage drop. 

If he goes on to have a great season in the Championship then he'll be well worth the money and if he has the potential that our scouts think then we will have real asset (Maddison esq).

That he was a mistake is evidently a hindsight call although the club should have known better that he was unlikely to hit the ground running.... We needed to sort the CDM position out on our last relegation, that is the one area I will criticise the club, they have failed to address it comprehensively.   In my view, they shouldn't be thinking of signing anyone again until we have at least two suitable permanent CDM options (in addition to Sorensen).

Of course Christos wasn't signed to go out on loan, he had plenty of potential, but its transpired that he's going in the wrong direction at the moment and it seems a long way back.  If you're not in the team or in the U23s you aren't playing football, that's not the way to develop.     Confidence is so crucial to high level performance, without it, your sunk!   I've seen little of him so far and certainly nothing to compare with Maddison.

Sure we bought him to play and to be ahead of the u23 lads, but he isn't demonstrating that, he isn't getting opportunities too... I remember the Newcastle game when they took him off, I thought Williams had an absolute stinker going forward and forced Christos inside into the crowd then didn't have the ability to find him with the ball...   he didn't do too bad in my view.   

Agree we have to gamble with our signings but we need to be astute, prudent even clinical in our business with an eye towards the Premier League quality we need.   Hugill is not that, so far Sargent doesn't look like he is that, Giannoulis is not that so in the absense of something that can at least do a job, we may as well promote from within and save the money.    Hence CDM's first.  Had we bought a confident Tzolis for a Championship campaign, it may have been different, if we had a decent midfield things might have been different, personally I think the forward players would all function better with an athletic stopper in the middle who gives us insurance so that our full-backs can overlap / underlap etc and help the forwards out / give them options. 

The way things are progressing though, there is no certainty he will be able to handle the Championship, after all, its still a very good quality division.   Buying young has worked for us but the timing of it needs to be right too, they usually come in with no expectation and time to develop, Christos didn't so we should have a plan for how we are going to progress him.   In a failing team, we have failed, not functioned well in the majority of games, how is he supposed to thrive.    Now a loan seems best and as I said in January, I would have sent him back to PAOK for the rest of the season; quickest way to get him back on track and ready for next year but we didn't and he's stagnating.   

Seems I can be critical of the club, but these are the areas we have not been good.... plenty of other situations where the clubs done very well and I appreciate its a lot easier playing on a keyboard.

I think we have a decent base if we do go back down. The squad we have is both championship ready and experienced.

That said we could do with a refresh in certain positions. I think we need closure on Cantwell (however good his past) and I think Aarons deserves his move. Hopefully that would give us in the region of £30m.

In an ideal world you would hope that Rashica, Sargent, Pukki, Krul and vitally Normann could be persuaded to stay. I can’t imagine that Sinnani or Hudgill will return (maybe netting us a couple of million). If that left us with

krul/Gunn/youngster

byram/mumba/Dimi/McCallum

Hanley/Gibson/omabamadiele/Zimbo 

Rupp/McClean/PLM/Sorenson/Normann

Rashica/Tzolis/placheta/Hernandez/Rowe/Dowell

sargent/Pukki/Idah 

then that is likely to be very competitive. If they then made additional choices to refresh slightly then I think we’re top 6 certs personally 

Last time we got relegated we rebuilt a team to get us promoted. We bought Dowell, Hugill, Sorensen and got Skipp on loan as a potential solution. We didn't know he would be as good in that position as he turned out to be - Rupp actually started there.

I think this time needs to be different We have built a more solid base for the PL and even though we won't stay up we will ultimately make a better fist of it and only be two or three players short. Under Smith/Shaky we have  better chance of being able to build that squad further so that when we next go up we are not that short.

I too think we will probably lose Cantwell and Aarons. That brings in perhaps £30m (though I'm not sure anyone will actually pay £20m for Aarons anymore as he has gone quite a way backwards). We could then keep Normann if they want to - but I suspect they won't, at least not for £11m. I can see him going to Fulham or Bournemouth. Rashica will stay unless we get a £20m bid - I don't think we will. I'd take our money back for Dimi, who isn't as good as he and his agent thinks he is.

I don't think anyone from the PL will be too interested in anyone else.

So we will undoubtedly have money to spend on that CDM and a striker, both of which need to be £10m players, to flesh out the squad even more.

This year more than ever the 3 who come down will fill 3 of the top 6 places next season.

We never 'lose' as many as people think we will. We'll be in a strong position to keep all of the big signings from last summer and build upon it.

tBdTX7h.png

The reality is that this squad is running away with the Championship at the moment. We're better than that.

Imagine it'll be a few of the longer serving and squad players that move this summer. Zimmermann, Cantwell, Aarons and Rupp. I could even see a world where we kill Kenny('s time at the club).

All that being said. We're not down yet and even if we do go down it's the next few months performances which will shape a lot of next season's squad anyway.

On 20/02/2022 at 15:07, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would he want to play away to Rotherham on a Tuesday? That's the real question

Rotherham away looks like a banker now, I think.

On 24/02/2022 at 12:33, SwindonCanary said:

I can't see us going straight back up again, if we lose all the players people are saying 😒

We won't lose all the players people are saying.