cambridgeshire canary

So if we go down how much of a squad rebuild will we need?

How many comings and goings? Who can you see staying and who can you see going? Just how much of a budget will Smith need and will Webber and co allow it?

Would be interesting to see what a Smith team would look like.. Fair to say all he has it's Farkes team right now.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

We will get the financial hard luck story, then start selling. Bournemouth looking odds on for promotion should get the first funds in. The Championship is not that great though and we will still be 1st/2nd Favs to win it (with Newcastle surviving) 

I expect all to stay apart from kabak, normann  gilmour and Williams going back to parent clubs. Can't see many wanting to leave, have it too easy

Obviously all the loanees will leave. I think we will struggle to hold on to Rashica, just gets that little bit better each game and seems capable of playing at a much higher level than us.

If we get off to a good start we may struggle to hold on to Deano and Shakey once the Premier League sack race begins.

I can see quite a few new faces next season tbh.

A lot of who will stay and go will depend on which players Dean Smith fancies once he has the constraints of the Webber/ Farke squad imposed on him since day one of him being here released

Edited by TIL 1010

All loans will obviously be gone

Aarons, Dimi, rachica the big ones who may move on. 

Wouldnt be surprised to see hugill + Hernandez sold off and tzolis loaned abroad somewhere. 

We will probably need....

A new center half 

A left back (McCallum coming back for one spot) 

CDM!!!!!!!! 

A winger or two (depending on rachica leaving/rowe continuing to step up) 

And for the love of god we need a striker to compete with or surpass Teemu 

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

All loans will obviously be gone

Aarons, Dimi, rachica the big ones who may move on. 

Wouldnt be surprised to see hugill + Hernandez sold off and tzolis loaned abroad somewhere. 

We will probably need....

A new center half 

A left back (McCallum coming back for one spot) 

CDM!!!!!!!! 

A winger or two (depending on rachica leaving/rowe continuing to step up) 

And for the love of god we need a striker to compete with or surpass Teemu 

McCallum has played 8 games for QPR. He isn't making it here and will be sold.

What I want to see and what needs to be done is an inquest into last summer’s transfers, lessons learned and how we better promote from within to prevent the Skipp situation from happening again. 

I think Smith will stay, he was fully aware of the magnitude of the **** we were in and probably knew we’d go down again. 

But our recruitment needs a proper shake up. We’ve been lacking in the middle of the park since 19/20. Getting in a superb loanee at DM didn’t make up for the fact we had zero succession planning. Webber really needs to hold his hands up and offer a bit of humility. And we thus we go again. 

5 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

What I want to see and what needs to be done is an inquest into last summer’s transfers, lessons learned and how we better promote from within to prevent the Skipp situation from happening again. 

I think Smith will stay, he was fully aware of the magnitude of the **** we were in and probably knew we’d go down again. 

But our recruitment needs a proper shake up. We’ve been lacking in the middle of the park since 19/20. Getting in a superb loanee at DM didn’t make up for the fact we had zero succession planning. Webber really needs to hold his hands up and offer a bit of humility. And we thus we go again. 

There will be a get out narrative.

Two years ago we were told we were buying with an eye on the Premier League (ie Gibson, Giannoulis). This summer we had the narrative of spending the 8th most money in Europe on tanks and bazookas.

We are self funding, we all get that. We operate on a different planet from every other premier league club. But this being said, I'd really just like Webber to admit his premier league recruitment has been absolutely disgraceful.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

He’s been injured 

2 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

I expect all to stay apart from kabak, normann  gilmour and Williams going back to parent clubs. Can't see many wanting to leave, have it too easy

Cantwell will be gone, as will Rachica as a minimum. Giannoulis will be gone as well I’d have thought.

Edited by Jersey Canary

13 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

McCallum has been injured for weeks.

8 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Cantwell will be gone, as will Rachica as a minimum. Giannoulis will be gone as well I’d have thought.

Least we get 10 million for cantwell guaranteed 

That will buy us.. um.. half of a good proven defensive midfielder?🤔

Loanees apart, I think this summer could finally see the departure of Aarons, also obviously Cantwell. I would say that those alone would fit into the whole self funding gubbins, meaning we don't need to sell others to raise funds. That's not to say others wont want out, but who knows, maybe Rachica/ Sargent would give it one more season, at least until Jan. Any other departures would be the players Smith doesn't rate. I would imagine any quality additions are more likely to be loans.

I think after yesterday's decent display by Milo he just may be attracting the attention from other Premier League clubs.....and if the right price is mooted by an interested club.....Well, that's the way we roll.....

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I think after yesterday's decent display by Milo he just may be attracting the attention from other Premier League clubs.....and if the right price is mooted by an interested club.....Well, that's the way we roll.....

He’s playing for the shop window. Which is fair enough. Shame it’s taken him half a season but story of our lives 

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

He’s playing for the shop window. Which is fair enough. Shame it’s taken him half a season but story of our lives 

Thought he was better than Oxlade Chamberlain yesterday. I can't see him grubbing around in the Championship after decent seasons in the Bundesliga and Premier League.

4 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Milo certainly didn't look outta place yesterday, still a bit ring rusty but he's showing more than half-decent quality.....

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Thought he was better than Oxlade Chamberlain yesterday. I can't see him grubbing around in the Championship after decent seasons in the Bundesliga and Premier League.

From what my Villa supporting mate has told me, when Smith tried to sign him up before he turned them down saying he didn’t want to be in a relegation battle. Which kind of makes it weird he signed up for us, unless he views it as a stepping stone? Agreed though, can’t see him wanting to be part of the Champ campaign if we’re back there. 

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How many comings and goings? Who can you see staying and who can you see going? Just how much of a budget will Smith need and will Webber and co allow it?

Would be interesting to see what a Smith team would look like.. Fair to say all he has it's Farkes team right now.

Will be a big rebuild.

Normann, Williams, Gilmour, Kabak to return.

Aarons, Cantwell will be sold.

Rashica & Giannoulis both had interest from abroad before joining.

Rupp out of contract and sadly he picks up too many injuries.

Pukki is out of contract but we obviously have the 1 year option, but who's to say he wants to stay and have another season in the champ.

Hernandez & Hugill aren't good enough for a team that's fighting for promotion that's why they've ended up at Cardiff & Birmingham.

Famewo, Sinani, Bushiri are all out on loan but have the option to make their loans permanent.

We have Mcallum & Mumba to come back who I'd expect to be In and around match day squads.

29 minutes ago, OnDaBall said:

Loanees apart, I think this summer could finally see the departure of Aarons, also obviously Cantwell. I would say that those alone would fit into the whole self funding gubbins, meaning we don't need to sell others to raise funds. That's not to say others wont want out, but who knows, maybe Rachica/ Sargent would give it one more season, at least until Jan. Any other departures would be the players Smith doesn't rate. I would imagine any quality additions are more likely to be loans.

I'm honestly not sure Aarons has done enough to get a big move- especially with spending likely to be limited after Covid. On current form I think Rashica could be the one as he's clearly the kind of "difference maker" many lower Prem clubs crave. Idah is clearly Pukkis replacement and if he can improve his worrying injury record will be a beast (along with Sargent) in the Championship. Placheta is a decent replacement for Rashica if he goes but clearly needs to step up a notch. Still hold out vain hope that Normann may stay but again I think lower level Prem clubs will be looking to steal him. If so, as usual that's where the money needs to be spent as few of the loan players look ready to step up.