Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Liverpool (PL) ****

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

Commentator I’m listening to just said ‘Oxlade Changing room’  🤣

I thought he said that! Then I thought I misheard 🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

That's why we have to start to think about a replacement for him in the summer, unfortunately 

Should have done this last summer really.

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’m begging for our team or any team to kick this Liverpool team. Why does everyone stand off and let them play. Hurt them!

Whilst I’d love to see it, Liverpool are diving bastards and well protected. Any touch is a foul and we’d get easy yellow cards. You just can’t.

Liverpool aren’t playing offside trap very well. Need to keep doing what we’re doing and chances will come

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Whilst I’d love to see it, Liverpool are diving bastards and well protected. Any touch is a foul and we’d get easy yellow cards. You just can’t.

I’m willing to take it

look at this dirty landing on Sargent. It’s filth.

I want Henderson on his **** in the next 5 minutes. Man the f@££ up 

4 minutes ago, Green Canary said:

Normann's long throws aren't really long are they 😆

Haha. I was thinking the same. Did it slip out of his hand or does he genuinely not have a long throw in his locker?

We touch their players and it’s IMMEDIATELY a yellow, no negotiation.

could the referees be any more corrupt at this point. Mike Dean will be in jail one day, bookmark this post.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

FFS !......Burnley two up at Brighton.

Brighton about to slide into their “we’ve done enough” descent to the beach.

Well played McLean, very good first half along with the whole team. Hard working and looking to attack as well when getting the chance 

Well played City, good half.

Need to keep working hard and simply have to take our chances. Sargent looks well off the pace still and Tmikas getting too many attempts at goal.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Very creditable first half, but we're having to work so hard just to stay in the game. That's probably going to kill us as the game progresses. 

Both full backs excellent. Pukki has to at least hit the target. 

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Not a bad half

All things considered, I think we’ve held our own. Just need to keep composure when we have possession.

It looks like Williams has almost figured out Salah.

Did well in spells but way too much respect for them. Too much time for them. Need to impose ourselves on them a bit. Put their flairy kn0bhead players on their ar5es a bit.

Liverpool are a passionate team, it’s their weakness, you CAN wind them up. Especially show-pony Henderson who bites every time and “gets away with murder” Van Dijk

53 minutes ago, chicken said:

This is all well and good, but it ignores the fact that when he was signed, he was said to be one for the future.

As has been said a million times before, the only question then is, could we afford to sign a player for the future for that amount rather than find a player who could be good for the now, or add it to a transfer pot and sign a £15-20m player rather than an £8-9m player. That debate will never end, with hindsight being wonderful.

Just going back to this, when he was signed he was described as having lots of potential and being one of the brightest offensive talents at his age in Europe. That’s not the same as one for the future.

I’m not exactly sure what your argument is and what your contesting about what I said.

Theres no way the club spent the money on him and said what was said about him if he wasn’t expected to play some part this season. Sargent was also spoke of similarly and signed for a similar fee and yet has been an ever present.

Yes it’s hindsight, all comments about previous transfers are, but the fact is so far Tzolis is not looking like he was a good transfer for this season.