Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Pukki Replacement.

Desperately  need a replacement for Pukki. Goals aside he looks as though he has lost half a yard of pace and a big ask for him to lead the line on his own for 90mins.

Need another striker in to assist Idah and Pukki.

Instead of slating Pukki, who is one of the main reasons we have had such a fantastic last few years, talk about replacing a midfield which, since we sold Buendia, seems incapable of weighting a pass through to him. Two or three times today we were on the attack, Pukki was making his run, and McLean, PLM or Gilmour thumped the ball way too hard.

• Like 3

I'd have thrown Tzolis on for Pukki in final 10/15 mins. Presuming Sarge is staying out wide and Idah our only true backup.

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I'd have thrown Tzolis on for Pukki in final 10/15 mins. Presuming Sarge is staying out wide and Idah our only true backup.

Yes, that makes sense to me. The game was lost and at least it would have given Tzolis a bit of game time. Who knows, he might even have scored or had an assist and boosted his confidence? Unlikely, but nothing to lose at that stage of the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Desperately  need a replacement for Pukki. Goals aside he looks as though he has lost half a yard of pace and a big ask for him to lead the line on his own for 90mins.

I agree he needs support, but not replacement. I am not convinced he has lost a yard of pace, but consider it far more likely he is playing against faster defenders.

1 hour ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Goals aside.........😂

Probably should be looking for a new keeper as well - apart from a few goal stopping saves per game that Krul really contributes very little............

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Unfortunately, Pukki is on the downside at the highest level. He will be good enough in the Championship next season, though.

Has he ever reached the upside at the highest level? Somehow I don’t think so! Now Raheem Sterling! He is a striker at the highest level!

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Unfortunately, Pukki is on the downside at the highest level. He will be good enough in the Championship next season, though.

That's if he wants to stay. We have the 1 year option on his contract we can activate in the summer. Who's to say we do. He might not fancy another tough season in the championship, may want to move back to Scandinavia. No guarantee he will be with us again in August 

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

I don't think we had much room for manouvre with regards substitutes. Aarons took a knock, Norman needed minutes and Sargent was coming back from illness.

• Like 1

We don’t need to replace him now. We need to find a way to maximise his talents. 

Looking to the future, when Pukki does inevitably lose pace etc, I wonder if the club will try to find a replacement with a similar style?

Bring this conversation back up IF we manage to get promoted next year. Right now and in the Championship next year he's more than good enough and could sleepwalk his way to 20 Championship goals in any half decent team

• Like 1