TEAM NEWS

Josh Sargent a doubt and Ozan Kabak will be absent again, both due to illness

Lukas Rupp back to full fitness and available

Andrew Omobamidele back in full training but Palace game comes too soon

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/press-conference-ncfc-v-crystal-palace-8675768

Shame about Josh. And still only two fit CBs.

Looks like we'll be 433 tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

I would guess that Sam Byram would make a very good centre half although a bit of practice would be good. It's still good news overall though, most absentees are short term at the moment but a shame for Josh as he'd just got going.  Probably our strongest squad this season? 

Would be a shame if Sargent can't play, would be good for him to build on that performance v Watford.

I'm assuming if he can't it'll be Placheta in for him?

Sargent will be a big loss for this game as it rules out 4-4-2.

I would expect very similar line-up to Wolves with Max and Teemu returning.

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

Would be a shame if Sargent can't play, would be good for him to build on that performance v Watford.

I’d rather see Rashica switched to the right and Tzolis come in on the left.

I'd keep Placheta in, his pace could keep Palace's left-back occupied and he works hard. He's not been quite as eye-catching in an improvement as Sargent and still has some brain farts in his play when in possession, but he's definitely looked a bit tidier this season to me simply as opposing teams aren't sitting as deep as they did in the Champs.

Nice to see Rupp back to give us something off the bench in the middle. Hopefully Lungi is back to full strength soon, as is Big O. Really want to see him and Hanley together with this emergence.

If Byram keeps going in this vein, Aarons is going to have one hell of a problem getting back in.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Expect to see Rupp on the right …

(You heard it here first !)

Possible. That 0-1 defeat to Liverpool under Farke at home two seasons ago is definitely an example - Rupp might not be as creative from there, but he's unusually diligent in his defensive duties off the ball and tracks well.

42 minutes ago, king canary said:

Just our luck isnt it? He starts playing well and getting all the fans on his side only to get injured/ill and be out for who knows how long

34 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Why would it rule out 4-4-2?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

If Byram keeps going in this vein, Aarons is going to have one hell of a problem getting back in.

No he won't.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I honestly forgot that Kabak played for us.

Edited by Orly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Mostly same news as before, but thankfully no new injuries

We hope. Norman didn’t look good at the end on Saturday.

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This. Aarons will start, as he always does. Only ever missed one or two games in his entire time with us (ignoring cup games)

And as he should- he's improved a fair bit since Smith took over and is key to our attacking line up.

Dropping one of our star players for a the nice but limited Byram would be an odd choice. 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I would guess that Sam Byram would make a very good centre half although a bit of practice would be good.

True. Also, Zimmerman has been in seen in the training videos for at least a couple of weeks. I would not be surprised to see him make the match day 20 just in case?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

We hope. Norman didn’t look good at the end on Saturday.

Hope not! What looked to be up with him as I didn’t see?

I did notice him taking an awkward tumble within seconds of coming on after going up for a header - seemed to land directly on his hip, looked like it hurt him a bit…

12 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

True. Also, Zimmerman has been in seen in the training videos for at least a couple of weeks. I would not be surprised to see him make the match day 20 just in case?

Don't forget Zimmerman has now played twice in the under 23's too. No doubt he will be on the bench at the very least.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Good point. He also played for U23-Team a few days ago 

14 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Hope not! What looked to be up with him as I didn’t see?

I did notice him taking an awkward tumble within seconds of coming on after going up for a header - seemed to land directly on his hip, looked like it hurt him a bit…

I think what Commonsense is referring to is the end of the City View video? Normann plops down on the pitch and, generally, looks like he's just run a marathon. Looked totally exhausted. Could just be fitness?

It will be very interesting to see what lineup and formation Deano goes with tomorrow. I would really like us to get stuck into the 4-4-2.

53 minutes ago, king canary said:

And as he should- he's improved a fair bit since Smith took over and is key to our attacking line up.

Dropping one of our star players for a the nice but limited Byram would be an odd choice. 

Not sure I agree with this.

I think Byram is actually the most reliable and solid full back we have in the squad. In the premier league I'd select him ahead of Aarons.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, rock bus said:

I think Byram is actually the most reliable and solid full back we have in the squad. In the premier league I'd select him ahead of Aarons.

I'd suggest you'd be in the minority, especially if you asked Premier League managers. But each to their own!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Article on the main site with Smith praising how he filled in for Sargent against Wolves, so seems that's the plan.

Unless it's all a smokescreen, then BAM - Sargent starts and gets a hat-trick.

20 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Exactly, I'd say defensively Byram's the better right-back and he also gives us much more of a physical presence than Aarons, and whilst I agree that Aarons should be near the starting line-up, we're doing fine at left-back, which is generally the other spot Byram goes.

If you want a more attacking right-back, then Aarons is your man every time, but I'd say Byram's got the edge defensively.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kirku said:

Because Sargent and Rashica drop back and tuck in well to make a midfield 4. I don't see that with Placheta as I'm not so impressed by his back tracking and defensive covering.

I think we'll go with 3 in midfield to start with.

Usual back 5, midfield of Normann, Gilmour, Rashica and PLM.  Pukki and Idah up front.  Rashica on flamks