Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

O/T West Brom sack manager

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Still in a playoff spot, tad harsh

Looks Happy enough about it though

Screenshot_20220202-120531_Chrome.jpg

I always thought he’d be our Farke replacement. I lived the way he got Barnsley playing, it reminded me of Wagners first season with Huddersfield.

Watched WBA play Posh (my local team) at the Hawthorns a couple of weeks ago, booed off at half time and talk of 'happy clappers' and realists in the pub beforehand - I felt quite at home

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

I imagine if Farke was still free he would have been a major candidate for that job.

Yeah I had the same thought, and for Sunderland as well. Oh well too late now he is in Russia. 

36 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I always thought he’d be our Farke replacement. I lived the way he got Barnsley playing, it reminded me of Wagners first season with Huddersfield.

Really. Did you see the way Barnsley played under him?

Crikey that's a huge job to take on at this stage of the season. 

They're a bit of a basket case. About 13 managers in the last 10 years including caretakers.

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Really. Did you see the way Barnsley played under him?

Well he got them to the playoffs and now without him they are bottom.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

The bookies fancy Steve Bruce.That would make it 3 West Midlands he has managed.

Might be easier counting those that he hasn’t managed!

Edited by Coneys Knee

27 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Steve Bruce looks likely according to Midlands news.

A match made in heaven

image.png.b3c0196917528f914978f4ce7e2e08fc.png

Bruce The Boss + The Baggies

Edited by GenerationA47

What a sad state of affairs for managers and coaches in this country when the two highest profile jobs currently available are going to be taken by Steve Bruce and Roy Keane. 

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 1

Roy feckin Keane!! Brilliant. Sunderland  have already done that pantomime,  yet they are stupid enough to consider doi g it again. Maybe there's been 100% churn in staff since he left and no one is there to remember  his previous tenure. 

59 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Roy feckin Keane!! Brilliant. Sunderland  have already done that pantomime,  yet they are stupid enough to consider doi g it again. Maybe there's been 100% churn in staff since he left and no one is there to remember  his previous tenure. 

Didn’t he win the championship with them? Couldn’t have been all bad

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

Didn’t he win the championship with them? Couldn’t have been all bad

He did, but at what long term cost to the Club?  Look where they are now.

4 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

He did, but at what long term cost to the Club?  Look where they are now.

I’m pretty sure their current plight can’t al be as a result of Roy Keane as their manager. Maybe I’m wrong, I don’t know the details but it seems a little bit of a stretch if I’m honest. Then again, Ipswich are in a similar position!!

23 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well he got them to the playoffs and now without him they are bottom.

They also beat us in the cup and then should have beaten us in the last game of the season. Full of running they were - Callum Styles was excellent in both games and I'm surprised no one better has gone in for him.

35 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I’m pretty sure their current plight can’t al be as a result of Roy Keane as their manager. Maybe I’m wrong, I don’t know the details but it seems a little bit of a stretch if I’m honest. Then again, Ipswich are in a similar position!!

I don't mind if you believe it or not,He ( or he was allowed  to) paid well over the odds for an awful lot of average  players, often irish, on long lucrative contracts.  I know  a member of staff from that time and he was flabbergasted   at the spending, the contracts and the standard of youth players signed . The effects of profligacy  are long lasting. 

17 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I don't mind if you believe it or not,He ( or he was allowed  to) paid well over the odds for an awful lot of average  players, often irish, on long lucrative contracts.  I know  a member of staff from that time and he was flabbergasted   at the spending, the contracts and the standard of youth players signed . The effects of profligacy  are long lasting. 

Lolz

43 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Why lolz? , tbh I'm  not really sure  what lolz means .

Well, if you’re not sure of that then I’m pretty sure I don’t need to explain why my response was as such. It’s doesn’t matter.