Midlands Yellow

Transfer Window Watch

Last few days to see what our rivals are up to. Beloved Brentford seem keen to add to their squad but the fee seems crazy. 

Nottingham Forest have turned down an offer, thought to be about £18m, from Brentford for forward Brennan Johnson, BBC Radio Nottingham reports.

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.nufc.com/rumours/2022-01robrum.html

Newcastle going nuts.

And yeah it's crazy that from Forest imagine getting a record transfer made for your star player and you DON'T sell him.. Could never be us

Forrest are building for the future, they have super rich owner building a state of the art training facilities and set to revamp and increase their ground too. Different situation to us!

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Forrest are building for the future, they have super rich owner building a state of the art training facilities and set to revamp and increase their ground too. Different situation to us!

His philanthropy section on Wikipedia takes some time to read. He seems one of those special type of owners most clubs fans would embrace. Would never have got to the informal talks stage here though being a foreigner. 

• Like 3

Burnley even started to put their hands in their pockets. We'll either come out the other side of the break the most cohesive unit or looking like the team the media love to pan for not spending any money.

1 hour ago, Thumbbass said:

Burnley even started to put their hands in their pockets. We'll either come out the other side of the break the most cohesive unit or looking like the team the media love to pan for not spending any money.

Burnley in talks for a winger from Zagreb Orsic who got good reviews after his performances vs spurs and West ham in europe, this Dutch international striker Weghorst who isn't particularly mobile but a big old lump from Wolfsburg. And now another wide man, Argentinan and also linked with Aaron Ramsey. 

Carlos seems to have fallen apart for Newcastle.

1 minute ago, Move Klose said:

Burnley in talks for a winger from Zagreb Orsic who got good reviews after his performances vs spurs and West ham in europe, this Dutch international striker Weghorst who isn't particularly mobile but a big old lump from Wolfsburg. And now another wide man, Argentinan and also linked with Aaron Ramsey. 

Took Burnly look enough to find out Europe exists

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

A very unlike Dyche signings they are. 

If you're Burnley you're putting a lot of faith and money into players who have to adapt to the Premier League very very quickly. Well they will have plenty of games to try and do it.

1 minute ago, Move Klose said:

A very unlike Dyche signings they are. 

If you're Burnley you're putting a lot of faith and money into players who have to adapt to the Premier League very very quickly. Well they will have plenty of games to try and do it.

I don't know Weghorst is exactly the kind of striker you can imagine playing for Burnley or Stoke.. Just chage his name from 'Wout Weghorst' to 'William horse' and I'm sure he would fit right in

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

His philanthropy section on Wikipedia takes some time to read. He seems one of those special type of owners most clubs fans would embrace. Would never have got to the informal talks stage here though being a foreigner. 

This would be the same owner who has repeatedly been accused of being involved in match fixing, intimidation of officials and a litany of other extremely dodgy business practices outside of football that wouldn't put a mafia boss to shame?

My forest supporting mate certainly doesn't embrace him and my understanding is that isn't uncommon among their fan base...

10 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

This would be the same owner who has repeatedly been accused of being involved in match fixing, intimidation of officials and a litany of other extremely dodgy business practices outside of football that wouldn't put a mafia boss to shame?

My forest supporting mate certainly doesn't embrace him and my understanding is that isn't uncommon among their fan base...

Great Scott of the Antarctic! His misdemeanours are impressive as you point out. Now I’m not sure what’s best for our club in trying to move to the next level. 

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Never been to the self proclaimed EDL capital have you?😉

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Barca have lowered their standards with this signing

That's true. They weren't big enough for Max Aarons to be interested in their offer.....................

11 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Is it too much to hope that we might one small teeny weeny signing ?

Ronnie Corbett. 

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Most pointless post on a Norwich City fan site ever.... it's almost like our Sport Director is on holiday...

I wouldn't know, but I cannot imagine any time in the past when the club bottom of the Premier League at the opening of the January transfer window hasn't made one single attempt to improve it's team during that window.

It may turn out to be a sound decision but it nevertheless re-enforces all those arguments earlier in the season, and emanating from TalkSport and the like, about City's right to even be in the top league.

Perhaps a last minute surprise is on the cards, but I wouldn't even bet Steven Naismith's small change on that.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wolves making moves. Wonder if we will see him the cup?

Do you even read your own posts? Probably not given the level of inane drivel in most of them

• Haha 1