cambridgeshire canary

So is Putin going to invade Ukraine anytime soon or..?

56 minutes ago, kirku said:

It's just endless drivel from you and it's all really rather pathetic.

The examples you use to support your points are either entirely irrelevant or fabricated. When called out on it you claim to mean something else entirely (this has happened multiple times).

Then when you do provide a source, of which there has only been one, you don't even understand what it means.

Lastly, you continually create ridiculous strawmen and assert them as true. For example, categorising my posts as "dismissing the capabilities of Russia" or my views being "extreme".

The only thing "extreme" here is your level of idiocy. 

Spot on! I have repeated many of his previous claims in exact quotes back to him and all he does is refuse to take responsibility for what he said, or cuts out the relevant part of the quote and pretends he said something different. His only other tactic is to bleat about personal abuse while being happy to throw about personal abuse himself. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! Yet more of your lies. I said it was YOU that used the word "waffle" to describe protests about Russia's illegal invasion of a sovereign country. Here again are your EXACT words: " "" Waffle about the illegal invasion of a sovereign country.". I then said, " I very much doubt that even Johnson would be so stupid as to use the expression "Waffle" when referring to the Russian invasion". You really are extraordinarily thick if you can't understand such simple English sentences.

Get you!

Your sentence was simple? So simple I misread it, but then I'm clearly thick, although perhaps not as 'extraordinarily' thick, as you claim. Save that one for later, eh?

Only a sad specimen like you could possibly get that excited over a simple matter of semantics. Capital letters, bold print, quotes the lot. 

Now that is thick. Or was it really meant to be the comic interlude that it came over as? A moment of light relief between sessions of abuse hurling? 

Night geek, it's very late for me here. Don't forget to have your Omron machine at the ready in case another poster upsets you.  

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Get you!

Your sentence was simple? So simple I misread it, but then I'm clearly thick, although as perhaps not 'extraordinarily' thick, as you claim. 

Only a sad specimen like you could possibly get that excited over a simple matter of semantics. Capital letters, bold print, quotes the lot. 

Now that is thick. Or was it really meant to be the comic interlude that it came over as? A moment of light relief between sessions of abuse hurling? 

Night geek, it's very late for me here. Don't forget to have your Omron machine at the ready in case another poster upsets you.  

How has this thread which was pretty good with opinions and views suddenly deteriorated again! Swindo isn’t even involved! Calm down everyone, none of us know what’s in Putins mind, some think we should go full war others see it differently, doesn’t mean we’re Putified or bought into any propaganda, it also, means we haven’t fully bought into this American lead bull either! 
The only sad facts are that Ukrainian and Russian people are dying!

The rest is a mental leader who has lost the plot, but he’s not alone as I keep saying Boris is a Empirical based leader who believes in Great Britain! Biden who believes US are world police and goes round telling every Nation what they should be doing! It’s so sad that we’ve allowed ourselves to get to this point! There’s nothing between the lot of them, power hungry and dangerous!

29 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Spot on! I have repeated many of his previous claims in exact quotes back to him and all he does is refuse to take responsibility for what he said, or cuts out the relevant part of the quote and pretends he said something different. His only other tactic is to bleat about personal abuse while being happy to throw about personal abuse himself. 

Oh! Horsey's got a bedfellow at last. Two cheeks of the same a rse both who instantly resort to playing the man, not the ball, once their view is challenged.

You being in full agreement with that contrived piffle by adding your own contrived piffle is par for the course, I suppose.

As for ".... while being happy to throw about personal abuse himself."

When? Enlighten me. Not a habit of mine normally, at least not before today. But I then did warn you geeky boy,  as from now on it's like for like.    

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Oh! Horsey's got a bedfellow at last. Two cheeks of the same ****, both who instantly resort to playing the man, not the ball, once their view is challenged.

You being in full agreement with that contrived piffle by adding your own contrived piffle is par for the course, I suppose.

As for ".... while being happy to throw about personal abuse himself."

When? Enlighten me. Not a habit of mine normally, at least not before today. But I then did warn you geeky boy,  as from now on it's like for like.    

Your complete lack self-awareness is astonishing. I suggest you take a look at your own posts again. 

22 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Your complete lack self-awareness is astonishing. I suggest you take a look at your own posts again. 

Whoever made the Swindo comparison was right.

It's best to just ignore the rank stupidity and stop the thread from getting derailed. Which, admittedly, I've been guilty of today.

Let's just leave SwindostairsR to it..

Edited by kirku
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Indy said:

The rest is a mental leader who has lost the plot, but he’s not alone as I keep saying Boris is a Empirical based leader who believes in Great Britain! Biden who believes US are world police and goes round telling every Nation what they should be doing! It’s so sad that we’ve allowed ourselves to get to this point! There’s nothing between the lot of them, power hungry and dangerous!

There's  a great deal of difference  between them and the only reason you are living peacefully in a prosperous  western nation is because the US took on the role of worlds policeman 70 years ago. If they hadn't been instrumental in forming NATO, Soviet tanks would likely to have been sitting on the channel  coast, probably before you were born.

Unfortunately, thanks to Trump, the US has begun to relinquish its role and we are now seeing the resulting mayhem (lately in Afganistan and now Ukraine) when the big fish swims away. 

This has all come as a mighty kick in the balls for Europe who failed to heed warnings that cuddling  up to Putin might not be such a good idea. At least they have finally seen the reality, the question now is whether it is too late.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

This has all come as a mighty kick in the balls for Europe who failed to heed warnings that cuddling  up to Putin might not be such a good idea. At least they have finally seen the reality, the question now is whether it is too late.

Completely agree with this.

One of the most puzzling views I saw during the early stages of the invasion was that "Putin wouldn't have done this if Trump were still in power".

Seemingly relying on Trump's unpredictable nature as a form of deterrence while entirely ignoring his near constant undermining of NATO and his absolutely transparent links (read kompromat) to Russia.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kirku said:

It's best to just ignore the rank stupidity and stop the thread from getting derailed. Which, admittedly, I've been guilty of today.

Thanks Kirku. You seem to me one of the more balanced posters and whereas I can see how we can all get dragged into nonsensical arguments where we get misquoted or idly misunderstood by accident I commend your admission that perhaps you were yourself guilty today. I myself have on occasion snapped at posters who can't grasp shades of grey as opposed to binary solutions.

Most posters even when I disagree with them often have a kernel of truth or insight in their argument even if disguised or poorly made. Nobody on here wants the war in Ukraine to continue but its a question to me it seems of choosing the least worse option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I myself have on occasion snapped at posters who can't grasp shades of grey as opposed to binary solutions.

Oh surely not.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

There's  a great deal of difference  between them and the only reason you are living peacefully in a prosperous  western nation is because the US took on the role of worlds policeman 70 years ago. If they hadn't been instrumental in forming NATO, Soviet tanks would likely to have been sitting on the channel  coast, probably before you were born.

Unfortunately, thanks to Trump, the US has begun to relinquish its role and we are now seeing the resulting mayhem (lately in Afganistan and now Ukraine) when the big fish swims away. 

Indeed you could well be correct on the US, but the point I’m making is that we’re under the control of the US like it or not. They’ve had influence on our conduct ever since the end of WWII.

As for your last comment that’s a little niaive, I’ve worked alongside Russians for three projects and they’re all normal people, wanting the same as you and me! They have families follow football and certainly don’t want war, we didn’t cuddle up to Putin on a working level, it’s the likes of Boris and Trump who were cuddling up to him and his cronies! Now it’s bit them on their ****, but all very much wealthier for it no doubt! For thirty years Russians have been inching towards the West, this idiot and his cronies have killed that for a lot of decent people. Just note I believe it’s nearly 300,000 people have left Russia due to this war too! More will follow!

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed you could well be correct on the US, but the point I’m making is that we’re under the control of the US like it or not. They’ve had influence on our conduct ever since the end of WWII.

That is indeed true because we owe a debt to them and as the saying goes, "No good deed goes unpunished".

A lot of countries in the west have become prosperous because someone else was paying for their defence. The only good thing to come from Trumps attempted disengagement is that some have suddenly discovered how vulnerable they really are and with Biden now having second thoughts on whether disengagement is indeed a good idea.

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

image.png.2fde0fe4253985fd13a61f22dc8bd210.png

Germany tomorrow evening 

And where's my next holiday after Putin rendered northern Romania a bit awkward.... the Spreewald. In Germany. 

Boy, do I have a knack for finding trouble.

5 hours ago, ricardo said:

I am expecting another more general offensive soon. Putin really has no option other than to take all of Ukraine or his forces will wither on the vine. Ukraine is likely to become Grozny writ large.

Western governments must give Ukraine whatever it needs.

Looks like more weapons are being sent, more armoured vehicles and longer range artillery.

I'm a bit concerned at all the rhetoric coming out about how Putin is isolated etc and the army is in disarray, Im sure there is some truth in there but do we really have such good intelligence coming from the Kremlin. I hope we are not observing more Iraq type "weapons of mass destruction" messaging.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

That is indeed true because we owe a debt to them and as the saying goes, "No good deed goes unpunished".

A lot of countries in the west have become prosperous because someone else was paying for their defence. The only good thing to come from Trumps attempted disengagement is that some have suddenly discovered how vulnerable they really are and with Biden now having second thoughts on whether disengagement is indeed a good idea.

To play devils advocate, the debt that we owed to the USA from WW2 was only cleared during my lifetime. All because their isolationism meant they didn't confront fascism until they were literally attacked and we were left to fend off Germany and Italy until they realised their own security was in peril.

Other countries suffered years of occupation because the USA failed to take it responsibilities seriously. Then they had to rebuild the damage after being liberated by a power that demanded thanks for doing what it had to do to protect itself 

I would say they owe us a fair few years of defence spending on that basis alone.

6 hours ago, kirku said:

It's best to just ignore the rank stupidity and stop the thread from getting derailed. Which, admittedly, I've been guilty of today.**

** Says he, whilst  continuing to derail the thread.

Being unaware of just who or what 'Swindo' is, I'm in the dark over this.

Pity really, as I’m sure there would have been something to find amusing.

Perhaps not as funny though as being accused of "rank stupidity" by someone who then gets so carried away that he comes up with such childish name-calling as 'SwindostairsR,' and probably thinks he's been smart. What was that reference to seven year olds you made?

Your remorse for the part you played in temporarily derailing this thread was touching, but ignored the fact that it all originated in your court; with the justification for it being my "stupidity," for challenging some of your views.

Stick with Horsefly. You'll learn a lot, including a wider vocabulary of abuse.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, horsefly said:

What delicious irony coming from the source it has.

I probably won't get to be in your playground today, Horsey. Out on a trip. Some island.

Pity really.

I will check later though, so keep your witlessness about you.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Ukrainian attack or false flag?

best wait for more info

Where are we going to house the Russians who have been evacuated? In grown toenails are now Ukraine's fault

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

best wait for more info

If it is a false flag staged event by Russia it actually shows how out of touch they are because it's like the Russians saying "it's ok for us to blow up all the refineries we want in Ukraine (and pretty much everything else we want to blow up), but ooh look those nasty Ukrainians have now blown up one of our refineries, that's not playing fair !".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

best wait for more info

Strange choice for a false flag as very limited casualties (if any) and would make a mockery of their own military/air defences.

They have form for more emotive false flags, like the apartment bombings to help ignite the Chechen war.

If it was the Ukrainians, then it really does mark a change in the momentum of the war. Need to file it along with the ammo dump in Belgorod and the landing ship in Berdyansk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

Strange choice for a false flag as very limited casualties (if any) and would make a mockery of their own military/air defences.

They have form for more emotive false flags, like the apartment bombings to help ignite the Chechen war.

If it was the Ukrainians, then it really does mark a change in the momentum of the war. Need to file it along with the ammo dump in Belgorod and the landing ship in Berdyansk.

The Guardian is suggesting it was a mistake by the Russians own military. Are they really that incompetent?

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The Guardian is suggesting it was a mistake by the Russians own military. Are they really that incompetent?

Didn't you watch the series Chernobyl? I wouldn't let them loose with firelighters.

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

There's loads of videos of helicopters firing rockets into the oil storage.

If the Russians accidentally shot their own oil storage facilities that would be staggering..

Edit: it would kind of make sense because there have been no reports (that I've seen) of active Ukrainian attack helicopters. It's all been fixed wings and UAVs. 

Edited by kirku

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Didn't you watch the series Chernobyl? I wouldn't let them loose with firelighters.

Bad joke doing the rounds in Ukraine:

The Russian soldiers can leave Chernobyl, but Chernobyl will never leave the Russian soldiers

A Russian General told his troops to wear thick lead underpants....'otherwise Chernobyl fall out'.....

Edited by Mello Yello