Jump to content
cambridgeshire canary

So is Putin going to invade Ukraine anytime soon or..?

Recommended Posts

And what will the consequences be? Some shakes of the head, stern words, prehaps a strongly worded letter or two and some small sanctions?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Tried phoning but they put me on hold.

I've got his number here somewhere but my phone is on charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foreign powers have done a great job of dividing western cultures with campaigns of mis-information and the gullible have lapped it up on social media platforms, you’ve only got to look at the difference between Chinese TikTok and UK/US TikTok to see it’s a very simple psy-op. A campaign to weaken us generally has been very successful. The whole place has an “end of the Roman Empire” feel about it.

by rocking up on the border with Ukraine Russia is testing just how far we’ve been damaged. It’s a test of fortitude. Unfortunately the free world is run by a bickering cabal of eurotrash, a lame duck British prime minister and the USA has elected a re-animated corpse on enough amphetemine to kill a donkey every day just to keep him awake.

scary times bros

 

also, it’s been rumoured for a long time that Putin has Parkinson’s disease so this might be part of some exit situation. I can’t imagine he’ll come quietly

Edited by The Real Buh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boris could try and change the narrative with a first strike on Moscow I suppose🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Boris could try and change the narrative with a first strike on Moscow I suppose🤔

Don't even suggest it.😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Boris could try and change the narrative with a first strike on Moscow I suppose🤔

That's not a bad idea - the RAF could drop Boris on Moscow..........preferably without a parachute.

Win win as far as I can see - he gets a few more days in the headlines and we don't have to listen to him spouting any more totally unbelieveable cr@p.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait for him to come out of No10 with the V sign and a Havana in the other hand.

He is going to have to learn to be a better orator if he is going to be Churchillian. There are more vowels than I.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately we’ve been heading down this road for ten years now, the rise of nationalism in a lot of countries might be down to those with an agenda, mainly those with most to gain from an all out European war.

I can see that all the main leaders in Biden, Boris and Putin are all so fixated with power it’s utterly dangerous situation now, hopefully those who are in governments can control these lose cannons and avoid conflict! 
Those who know I’ve lived under the repressive regime of Russian communists and utterly hate it, I have had the pleasure of visiting St Petersburg and meet some lovely people, just like you and me.

I can’t buy into any war, those days should be long gone, it’s a small world and we need to work together, we have enough challenges ahead of us. Children in charge of countries, sad!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not just a threat to Ukraine of course but also Bulgaria and Romania, the French and Germans seem prepared to turn a blind eye, Biden seems to be bumbling as ever and Boris will soon be beating his chest, hugely dangerous situation which we seem to be watching unfold in slow motion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry. I'm sure Boris will get us all killed before Vlad gets a chance.👍

 

Hmmm, maybe that's not as reassuring as I first thought.😉😲

Edited by Herman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Van wink said:

It’s not just a threat to Ukraine of course but also Bulgaria and Romania, the French and Germans seem prepared to turn a blind eye, Biden seems to be bumbling as ever and Boris will soon be beating his chest, hugely dangerous situation which we seem to be watching unfold in slow motion.

Hitler said once Germany had Sudetenland back, that would be the end of his ambition. And Chamberlain believed him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure Putin doesn't actually want to invade Ukraine - but he does want to threaten and coerce them into his hegemony.

The trouble is having marched all his soldiers to the top of the hill he can't march them all back down again without something to show for it. He can't afford to have his bluff called

So on balance I would say he's dangerously miscalculated and there will be a military clash.

Apart from hugely disastrous for Ukraine and Russia there will be certain analysts who will be very interested in how certain very high end weapon systems (which i suspect a few would of been 'loaned' as in the Arab-Isreali wars) perform in the field for real. The sort of systems that the West always relied on to destroy hundred of battle tanks in the cold war. Tanks (and those that manned them) life expectancy in such conflict was if I recall < 20 seconds! The question is what then?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2022 at 10:30, keelansgrandad said:

Hitler said once Germany had Sudetenland back, that would be the end of his ambition. And Chamberlain believed him.

Chamberlain with hindsight gets a somewhat misunderstood bad rap. He had no illusions about Hitler and what was coming. He played for time (for the UK to rearm and organize for war) as we were no position for war with Hitler at the time of Munich.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I'm pretty sure Putin doesn't actually want to invade Ukraine - but he does want to threaten and coerce them into his hegemony.

The trouble is having marched all his soldiers to the top of the hill he can't march them all back down again without something to show for it. He can't afford to have his bluff called

So on balance I would say he's dangerously miscalculated and there will be a military clash.

Apart from hugely disastrous for Ukraine and Russia there will be certain analysts who will be very interested in how certain very high end weapon systems (which i suspect a few would of been 'loaned' as in the Arab-Isreali wars) perform in the field for real. The sort of systems that the West always relied on to destroy hundred of battle tanks in the cold war. Tanks (and those that manned them) life expectancy in such conflict was if I recall < 20 seconds! The question is what then?

 

Yep, several large American corporations have lost a profitable market in Afghanistan are looking for an alternative market to keep revenues rolling in and Ukraine will be a blessing for them. 

Edited by Rock The Boat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

 

Yep, several large American corporations have lost a profitable market in Afghanistan are looking for an alternative market to keep revenues rolling in and Ukraine will be a blessing for them. 

No. That wasn't the point. More that Putin has lots of tanks but the west went away from battle tanks years ago (towards helicopters) and developed very effective weaponry to stop or make expensive a mass (Russian) tank invasion in the cold war. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to be any day now.

One wonders why Britain and the US always have to stick their noses in. Saviours of the free world, not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Time to join the Home Guard.

They don't  like it up em.

Are you going to be Jonesy then? I'm younger than you so might go for Fraser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/01/2022 at 12:35, Yellow Fever said:

Chamberlain with hindsight gets a somewhat misunderstood bad rap. He had no illusions about Hitler and what was coming. He played for time (for the UK to rearm and organize for war) as we were no position for war with Hitler at the time of Munich.

Chamberlain failed. The only question to ask is whether there was someone who may have done better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Looks to be any day now.

One wonders why Britain and the US always have to stick their noses in. Saviours of the free world, not.

 

Tanks are for an offensive. Anti tank weaponry such as Javelin or Dragon are purely defensive. Hardly think equipping Ukraine with such weapons is ‘sticking your nose in’ 

Anyways let’s see what Germany and France do. I think the fossil fuel argument will soon pipe them down (pi) lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Stalin read Putin

“Treaties are like eggs - made to be broken” - Josef Stalin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The skies over my way (South Norfolk) have been noisy as hell for days, today they were largely silent. Training and manoeuvres complete. Just hope this doesn't get silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The skies over my way (South Norfolk) have been noisy as hell for days, 

Late comers travelling home from Watford I expect.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russia conducting manoeuvres off the Irish Coast… 

invasion by the ‘back-door’

as she said …..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Russia conducting manoeuvres off the Irish Coast… 

invasion by the ‘back-door’

as she said …..

 

Cossacks with snow on their boots doing River Dance maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the Ukrainians need a tank commander? I hear Lizard Truss is available.

I see my spell checker has a warped sense of humour too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/01/2022 at 15:32, Yellow Fever said:

No. That wasn't the point. More that Putin has lots of tanks but the west went away from battle tanks years ago (towards helicopters) and developed very effective weaponry to stop or make expensive a mass (Russian) tank invasion in the cold war. 

My post was the flip side of the argument you were making. Russia has tanks, the America military-industrial corporations have the weaponry to counter the threat of tanks. Ergo, they will be bending Biden's ear for military action now that the vast profits of the war in Afghanistan have dried up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...