Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Rob Newman

Did other people realise that Rob Newman is the head of recruitment at West Ham?

How exactly did that happen? Last I heard he was flogging suits from a little shop at the end of St. Benedicts, although admittedly that was a long time ago.

Should we bring him home?

The suit shop is still there, whether he’s still part of the business I don’t know. I think he’s previously done a lot of scouting work too.

• Like 1

Must admit I didn't think he was involved in football either.  Seen him on the official youtube channel 'NR1' program before and after games speaking with Eadie and just seemed outside of the game to me.

Not sure what gave me that impression - but this surprises me also.

I’m not one of these that clamours after ex players to be working for the club for the sake of it, but it does beg the question why West Ham deemed two of our ex-players that still love locally to Norwich (is that correct?) good enough to give roles to but we haven’t. 

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

I’m not one of these that clamours after ex players to be working for the club for the sake of it, but it does beg the question why West Ham deemed two of our ex-players that still love locally to Norwich (is that correct?) good enough to give roles to but we haven’t. 

Well to be fair Grant Holt did have a role at Norwich but has decided to leave for whatever reason.

I wonder if its because Chris Reeve outed him as a source of inside information on NorwichTalk 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Has Holty left recently ? I thought he was doing a bit of coaching

Just  googled and looks like he left in December.

29 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Last I'd heard he was at man city doing something. No idea how long he's been at west ham

He'd been working for Man City for years. I think he's still Norwich-based though, used to see him in Greens (now Nuffield Health) all the time.

Edited by canarydan23

32 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I wonder if its because Chris Reeve outed him as a source of inside information on NorwichTalk 😂

Is there a bigger name dropper in the world than Chris Reeve? The bloke is desperate to be taken seriously and is a complete spanner.

Edited by WD40
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Did other people realise that Rob Newman is the head of recruitment at West Ham?

How exactly did that happen? Last I heard he was flogging suits from a little shop at the end of St. Benedicts, although admittedly that was a long time ago.

Should we bring him home?

only if he can bring his mate with him.............

image.png.0c16a9576de38800fe045dd96a61fb4e.png

Oh wrong Rob Newman! my bad! 

45 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

only if he can bring his mate with him.............

image.png.0c16a9576de38800fe045dd96a61fb4e.png

Oh wrong Rob Newman! my bad! 

You see that rubbish PinkUn poster? The one who posts random nonsense on threads? The one everyone else tolerates but ignores? That’s you that is.

😉

(Make your own guesses who I was thinking of, but I’m too much of a gentlemen to say)

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You see that rubbish PinkUn poster? The one who posts random nonsense on threads? The one everyone else tolerates but ignores? That’s you that is.

😉

(Make your own guesses who I was thinking of, but I’m too much of a gentlemen to say)

Now now Nuff said - There was no need for that to happen! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

😉

The keyboard player from the fookin charlatans?

• Like 1

He was head of European recruitment and scouting at Man City, promoted from a similar position that saw him working and scouting in Spain for them.

15 hours ago, WD40 said:

Is there a bigger name dropper in the world than Chris Reeve? The bloke is desperate to be taken seriously and is a complete spanner.

A little bit harsh.

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

A little bit harsh.

15 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

But true.

Was about to say the same..... 

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Was about to say the same..... 

I don’t understand what people have against these guys. Passionate about city and passionate about what they do. Fair play to them.

7 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I don’t understand what people have against these guys. Passionate about city and passionate about what they do. Fair play to them.

They're not my cup of tea but the vitriol they get is bizarre. I suspect a lot of it is jealousy from armchair commentators who think they could do a better job but in reality they can't and don't have the cojones, willpower or brains to give it a go.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

They're not my cup of tea but the vitriol they get is bizarre. I suspect a lot of it is jealousy from armchair commentators who think they could do a better job but in reality they can't and don't have the cojones, willpower or brains to give it a go.

I think I tend to agree. There’s an element of jealously I suspect. Similar phenomena to the Todd Cantwell slagging off probably.

24 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

You could say the same about Uncle Freddo  .... and he's  a complete  tool.

Personally im not jealous of them at all, im too old for all that mullarky. 

I just find them very self indulgent, talentless and frankly a waste of my time. I dont find anything they say insightful or enlightening in any way. But each to their own. 

Could be an age  / platform thing I guess?  

• Like 2