Im the first to admit i was one of his biggest critics but what a turn around!!!  i was wrong and there is a player there. So happy to be wrong.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

He was immense today. Linked well with Pukki. Sargent looked better on the wing too. 

Offers the hold-up play we've been missing, and frees Pukki up from the pressure of having to do everything himself.

Really, really promising.

Been brilliant in the last two games, like a whole different player. I will hold my hands up and admit that I was never his biggest fan but he is really proving me wrong as things stand.

• Thanks 1

Sargent and Idah up there gives us a lot more options as you've two big ****s who like charging around, and it gives the midfield and full backs more confidence as they realise there's more chance of the ball sticking up there. So whilst I'll agree with the sentiments that Idah's beginning to click into gear, I'd say the presence of Sargent on a wing will probably help the process.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

Up til West Ham thought he was another nearly man. Who knows, still may be, but its almost like he's suddenly worked out how to play at this level.

Everton still concentrated most of their defensive efforts on Pukki, and it's hard not to wonder what might happen now teams potentially have a second threat to deal with.

Either way, great shift young Idah 🙌

No players hiding from the game!

PLM has gone missing plenty of games before- not today. He got stuck in, was disciplined, lost balls and missed passes, but kept on it, and played the ball forward. 

As did everyone in the squad today. Brave.

Many previous games the players' belief was sub-zero. No wonder often they did not feel up to it, and frequently felt beaten even before the first whistle.

Not today.

What do you do when you don't feel up to something that you know you MUST do? You do your best. That's all you can do!

When City has been heckled by us, it's because they don't try. But we have to give them credit for the effort and bravery. Williams was super, Idah deserved to enjoy this moment. Aaron's put his best display for a long time - we had a threat going forward.

Today, to a man and as a team, they tried. Well done. 

NEVER MIND THE DANGER!

• Like 1

Yeah the "Idah should be melted down and turned into glue" threads were pretty stupid, the guy's only 20 for god sake and trying to play in the toughest league in the world.

• Like 4

Fair play to Idah, he's looked like a new player these last 2 games. Perhaps all that criticism he received has had a reaction

2 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Idah goal

Right, I'm going to be that guy. He literally just runs in a straight line.. takes a bad first touch, and just recovers to get a toe prod on it to beat the keeper! They all count... and hopefully the first of many!! Tin hat ready...

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Right, I'm going to be that guy. He literally just runs in a straight line.. takes a bad first touch, and just recovers to get a toe prod on it to beat the keeper! They all count... and hopefully the first of many!! Tin hat ready...

10 more straight line runs and toe pokes that end the same way and I'm not sure any of us will care! 

I'd also say his first touch is pretty good. It gives him that sliver of space, maybe a little bit of panic after that, but it was enough. If he takes the ball closer to his body I think Pickford has the advantage, if he opens his body the defender walks away with it.

4 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

But PLM hit a cracking volley that was dead straight and Pickford caught it. A mi**** may have scored. And midweek Idah hit a screamer and Fabianski saved it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Everton were pretty poor defensively there. Williams wins the ball and suddenly it's a 3 on 2, Keane gets sucked across tracking Pukki, and the left back and the rest of the team are hardly sprinting back.

4 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

10 more straight line runs and toe pokes that end the same way and I'm not sure any of us will care! 

I'd also say his first touch is pretty good. It gives him that sliver of space, maybe a little bit of panic after that, but it was enough. If he takes the ball closer to his body I think Pickford has the advantage, if he opens his body the defender walks away with it.

100% agree with the first bit mate 🙌

But the second, I'm not sure it was the touch he meant! Abysmal Everton defending, and a bit of luck we finally deserve. 

11 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The straight run was the one to make. Touch was a shade dicky, but it went the right way, and it did open up both directions for his poke.

11 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

"That guy" meaning thread moron?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Classy 🤙

Not quite as classy as doing down our man of the match (who was quality) after a game like that, but close.

5 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

But the second, I'm not sure it was the touch he meant! Abysmal Everton defending, and a bit of luck we finally deserve. 

All part of the learning process my friend 😉 Watford won't have a clue what's hit them 

• Like 1

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Not quite as classy as doing down our man of the match (who was quality) after a game like that, but close.

I wasn't downing him, top performance and deserved MOM. Just critiquing his goal from the highlight snip, that's all.