4 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

To Ebeneezer Goode.

Idahs good idahs good..

Adam idahs good.

Perfect. 👨‍🍳😚

Good on him for scoring his first but it doesn't change the fact that he's not a PL forward. The first touch was horrendous for this level. At least that goal will give him some much needed confidence but we're setting our selves for some major disappointment if we believe he's it. 

I think we should still try to loan him out or trade him away. 

Williams though.. what a fooking great play, pace and vision....  too bad he's just on a loan. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, mastoola said:

Im the first to admit i was one of his biggest critics but what a turn around!!!  i was wrong and there is a player there. So happy to be wrong.

I totally agree. Wow what a performance. I didn’t see that coming.  To go from Div 3 level performances to a proper PL player performance in 1 month is amazing. Well done Adam. 

Edited by Jersey Canary

16 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

I totally agree. Wow what a performance. I didn’t see that coming.  To go from Div 3 level performances to a proper PL player performance in 1 month is amazing. Well done Adam. 

Perhaps well done Smith and Shakespeare.

Yes the boy Adam has come of age in the last two games. In those two games he’s repaid the faith the club has shown in him.

All those who thought he should go out on loan………..

Fact is, if he keeps this up he may just save our club from relegation. Big ask, but we have to stick with him now, big credit the Dean Smith for brining out the best in him.

2 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Yes the boy Adam has come of age in the last two games. In those two games he’s repaid the faith the club has shown in him.

All those who thought he should go out on loan………..

Fact is, if he keeps this up he may just save our club from relegation. Big ask, but we have to stick with him now, big credit the Dean Smith for brining out the best in him.

He's the salt of the earth. 

15 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Thanks, you’ve made me blush, but I’m not sure it’s the greatest of all time 

Goats eat all sorts.

I've been mentioning on here recently how we really have bungled his development since he scored that hat trick vs Preston 2 years ago. It shouldn't go unnoticed that in the last 2 games he has played roughly 10% of his overall career minutes. Yesterday was the best I have seen him play for Norwich, and was better than his best performance for Ireland vs Portugal last year. He really does make things stick up top when its played into him, my only criticism would be that I think he holds onto the ball too long sometimes, needs to get his head up quicker.

Playing in a 2 really suits him, I don't think he has the experience to lead the line alone yet, he kind of gets lost and clever PL defenders manage to mark him out of the game, but with Pukki occupying defenders all game he showed what a good player he is by dropping a bit deeper,. holding onto the ball and powering forward.

I think those two are a good combination, not because they're going to link up really well together but because they both pose defenders completely different problems and opposition teams can really only deal with one or the other.

Idah though looked like exactly what we've been missing all season, a bit of physicality and the ability to hold onto the ball and attack teams with the ball at his feet, I'm just hoping he can stay fit now and get a real run in the team, Watford could be a good game for him because their defenders are slow and because they'll sit deep he will have space to get some long shots from range off

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

Good on him for scoring his first but it doesn't change the fact that he's not a PL forward. The first touch was horrendous for this level. At least that goal will give him some much needed confidence but we're setting our selves for some major disappointment if we believe he's it. 

Williams though.. what a fooking great play, pace and vision....  too bad he's just on a loan. 

I really, really think you need to watch his overall game the last couple of matches. The goal - vital though it was - is the least significant reason we're all taking notice

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ron obvious said:

I really, really think you need to watch his overall game the last couple of matches. The goal - vital though it was - is the least significant reason we're all taking notice

Yeah my problem is with him playing as a striker when he’s not suited for that. He should be playing more behind, CAM on a (4-5-1) or RCM (4-1-4-1)

He’s alot more useful when he’s got his body moving and he’s all over the opponent’s face and i think thats what people liked about him in the last games. 

In the last two games he has played as a main striker with Teemu providing excellent support. In other games that the two of them have played together Adam has been supporting Teemu. That did not work. Playing him as the focal point, the main striker, with good, close support, has made all the difference. Well done Dean Smith and Craig Shakespeare. 

Was so pleased to see him kick on from, although a loss, for him a confidence boosting performance against the spammers. Thought he was brilliant Saturday and deserves a song of his own - although 'Idah, idah, idah...' must have been music to his ears.

In Idah and Sargent we now have two physical forwards we can actually give a longer ball to who can hold up, flick on, beat a man etc. We always wanted Farke to have that pragmatism, but only now does it seem we have the players capable. The additional goal threat Idah provided was great to see, decent from distance too. Couple that with driving runs from Rashica and Pukki's clever movement we looked less one-dimensional than we have seemed for a long time. 

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The boy doesn't do much wrong here!  Great game played. Deserves a good song/chant now? 

Good vid. Excellent performance.  Long may it continue. 

On 16/01/2022 at 02:10, Tzol Machine said:

Maybe but Idah has shown more in one game than Tzolis has all season.

Tzolis seems to be a very self-confident individual and hardly the expected shrinking violet of a teenager abroad for the first time.

Nothing wrong with that, but there's a time and a place for everything and a little humility never goes amiss.

I think Farke may welll have sensed this and the penalty incident may have confirmed it. DF's resulting actions may well have been heavy handed, but he had a habit of being that when it came to discipline.

Tzolis will be grounded more from experiences on the field of play, especially in the PL, than from any managerial pressure I should think. Smith seems to be handling him well. The youngster will improve and, imo, is destined to become a City star sooner rather than later.

Good acquisition .... at least in terms of the future thinking needed when you cannot buy for the now.

Edited by BroadstairsR

6 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

I doubt that

Ask any Norwich fan who's watched our games.

The only game Tzolis looked like he genuinely offered a real threat was against Bournemouth,  a championship side and it was mostly their reserves.

You don’t have do one of our players down to praise another - Tzolis obviously has a lot of talent, but hasn’t yet converted that into effectiveness. Idah has started to do that, and maybe other underperforming squad members can take encouragement from that and kick on. 

• Like 1

Idah's missing a bit of what a legendary player from his home city of Cork had. Namely Roy Keane. If you're well over six feet, pacy, powerful, have a decent touch and are generally built like a brick sh!thouse, you really need a few Vi-aggro tablets in there to round off the package. He looks like he's playing with a bit more spite about him, and it's making a difference.

17 hours ago, hogesar said:

Ask any Norwich fan who's watched our games.

The only game Tzolis looked like he genuinely offered a real threat was against Bournemouth,  a championship side and it was mostly their reserves.

Well i guess you missed the game againts liverpool.

Everytime i see Tzolis with the ball i see a player who can create something out of nothing. 

Hes the type of player that needs to play full games because he’s gotta keep his legs hot.

Just look at his perfomances last year againts top europeen clubs. Tzolis was mismanaged here because of one mistake he made early, because of one dumb coach who the premier league was too much to handle. 

im happy for Idah, he looks like someone who regained control of his body hopefully he keeps it up but Tzolis is a much much better goal scorer. He’s gotta play and we need to trust him otherwise we will waiste his talent.

Well i guess you missed the game againts liverpool.

Everytime i see Tzolis with the ball i see a player who can create something out of nothing. 

Hes the type of player that needs to play full games because he’s gotta keep his legs hot.

Just look at his perfomances last year againts top europeen clubs. Tzolis was mismanaged here because of one mistake he made early, because of one dumb coach who the premier league was too much to handle. 

im happy for Idah, he looks like someone who regained control of his body hopefully he keeps it up but Tzolis is a much much better goal scorer. He’s gotta play and we need to trust him otherwise we will waiste his talent.

He was alright against Liverpool reserves but nothing special.

Irrelevant to the Premier League, Farke has an excellent track record with young players and has been one of the best in our entire history for playing young players who deserve it and are good enough. He rarely played Tzolis, and not just because of the penalty. He has shown little to nothing here.

I guess you were a fan of him at his previous club but unfortunately 90% of those matches are against a significantly lower level of opposition. Tzolis as a wide player is never going to start ahead of Rashica who is a considerably better player. He might stand a chance competing with Sargent for a space wide but even Sargent for all his limitations has offered more to the team.

18 hours ago, hogesar said:

He was alright against Liverpool reserves but nothing special.

Irrelevant to the Premier League, Farke has an excellent track record with young players and has been one of the best in our entire history for playing young players who deserve it and are good enough. He rarely played Tzolis, and not just because of the penalty. He has shown little to nothing here.

I guess you were a fan of him at his previous club but unfortunately 90% of those matches are against a significantly lower level of opposition. Tzolis as a wide player is never going to start ahead of Rashica who is a considerably better player. He might stand a chance competing with Sargent for a space wide but even Sargent for all his limitations has offered more to the team.

Well i'm not the one who paid 10mils to get him. Obviously the team saw something in him otherwise they wouldn't have spent that money. Tzolis was brought here to be developed and resold. He's a pure goal scorer with a very potent finishing ability and has some incredible passing/crossing technique, something this team lacks and yet we're not using him for reasons. 

Both Sargent and Rashica are good players but they do not provide an answer to the lack of goal scoring. I would personally put Tzolis in as a second striker or 10 alongside Puki as 9 on a 4-4-2 formation. This is the only formation that would make sense and provide much needed fire power and yet maintain a balance defensively. Idah played great but hes taking up a spot atm of a much much better player who's got a higher ceiling.

Thats just my opinion. 

Tzolis should be in for Pukki rather than Idah based on the evidence of the last game.

No, I wouldn’t do that either. You’re welcome. 

Well i'm not the one who paid 10mils to get him. Obviously the team saw something in him otherwise they wouldn't have spent that money. Tzolis was brought here to be developed and resold. He's a pure goal scorer with a very potent finishing ability and has some incredible passing/crossing technique, something this team lacks and yet we're not using him for reasons. 

Both Sargent and Rashica are good players but they do not provide an answer to the lack of goal scoring. I would personally put Tzolis in as a second striker or 10 alongside Puki as 9 on a 4-4-2 formation. This is the only formation that would make sense and provide much needed fire power and yet maintain a balance defensively. Idah played great but hes taking up a spot atm of a much much better player who's got a higher ceiling.

Thats just my opinion. 

Tzolis is struggling with the intensity of Premier League football at the moment, he appears totally over-awed by it. I think there are flashes very occasionally that there is a player there, I've only really seen fragments of it in the Newcastle game. Otherwise he's been a passenger and we can't afford to carry anyone at the moment. Idah, given the confidence the Everton game will have provided, starts over him, no question about it.