Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Sørensen loves playing at home..

I get the feeling he’s going to become a big player for us. No idea why he’s not making it into the team more consistently but I’d have him over Gilmour, McLean or even Gilmour AND McLean at this point

I'd be more than happy to have him playing in midfield each week ahead of Gilmour. I'd actually be more than happy for him to play in central defence each week.

I think he's a better CB than midfielder. Too slow and one paced at top level. He was part of a 3 man midfield that was torn apart by the Villa and probably why he was dropped yesterday.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think he's a better CB than midfielder. Too slow and one paced at top level. He was part of a 3 man midfield that was torn apart by the Villa and probably why he was dropped yesterday.

So why weren't the other two dropped, especially when they have had numerous opportunities there already while Sorensen has had almost none?

It's fascinating that some players like Sorensen & Gian seem to be the scapegoats and are dropped after one poor performance, when others keep their places regardless of performance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The lad isn't being given a chance to bloom because of high profile loan players.

Understated like all things Scandinavian it seems like unless they sparkle with PL fairy dust they don't get noticed at Carrow Road.

4 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

It's fascinating that some players like Sorensen & Gian seem to be the scapegoats and are dropped after one poor performance, when others keep their places regardless of performance

We're going to lose both of them if we don't give them a chance instead of preferring loan players who will be gone next season.

Just now, canarybubbles said:

We're going to lose both of them if we don't give them a chance instead of preferring loan players who will be gone next season.

Absolutely 100% and have always believed we should play our own players. Gian gives us more options on the left than Williams, and it;s so so to argue Williams is better defensively (especially when we're leaking goals for fun) and I'm just lost for words with Gilmour. Had we got Normann and a defensive, strong CDM, then perhaps Gilmour may have flourished but he offers little, is lightweight, and completely the opposite of what we need right now.

To that end Sorensen reads the game well and is a better cdm than anyone we have or is playing atm     

1 minute ago, Canary Jedi said:

Hopefully it’s because he is being saved for Crystal Palace

Smith did say Kabak wouldn't be able to play 2 games in 2 days, so maybe after letting in 5, Sorensen might get a game

Still fuming he was dropped. Made no sense before the game and even less than none after. The only player alongside Placheta who had any credit in the bank after the previous two games against United and Villa. And without him there wasn’t a single player in the defensive 4 or central midfield 2 putting anything resembling a performance out there.

Would’ve done a much better job than Kabak or Gilmour, I am positive about that.

Will be nothing short of an absolute farce if he doesn’t start on Tuesday. Ditto Giannoulis.

4 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Perhaps the staff have identified that game as one we can lose by a lesser score.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Fascinating is a nice way of putting it. It’s close to criminal, can’t imagine what either player are thinking right now. We should be putting faith in these two and then maybe they’ll want to stick around next year in the championship. We all know Gilmour and Williams won’t be so what is the ****ing point?

46 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He needs a run of a few games to get match fit. He's never really been given a chance to play. Should've dropped the others. 

Managing and coaching a few grassroots games, I know I preferred away games - although mainly because I did not need to put up and take down goals, respect barriers, and corner flags.  Suspect Sorensen’s rationale is different

He's not the answer and is far from being good enough to start every week in the PL but every flaw or weakness you could accuse him of you could also throw at Gilmour and I'd argue Sorenson in his brief appearances appeared slightly more mobile and slightly less easy to play around while also giving the ball away a bit less. He's also our player and is missing out on development time at the expense of a Chelsea player who I hand on heart, honestly believe without bias to be nothing more than a decent  Championship to good SPL level CM in the making. One of those who will have a good career and then maybe in his late 20's will develop to the point his can just about hold his own for a poorer PL team. The next Oliver Norwood basically.

We won't start winning games with Sorensen playing, but hopefully the plan in January is to sell someone to rebuild the central midfield and in the meantime I'd be starting him over Gilmour as he's a bit less of a liability and it benefits our club to develop him a bit

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Canary Jedi said:

Doubtful mate. Will be the same shoddy midfield as yesterday 

51 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Doubtful mate. Will be the same shoddy midfield as yesterday 

Even before the match, when I saw the team selection it was obvious we’d be too lightweight in midfield. So I hope your prediction is not correct!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Absolutely 100% and have always believed we should play our own players. Gian gives us more options on the left than Williams, and it;s so so to argue Williams is better defensively (especially when we're leaking goals for fun) and I'm just lost for words with Gilmour. Had we got Normann and a defensive, strong CDM, then perhaps Gilmour may have flourished but he offers little, is lightweight, and completely the opposite of what we need right now.

To that end Sorensen reads the game well and is a better cdm than anyone we have or is playing atm     

Is it too cynical of me to wonder if the reason we got players from Chelsea and MU on loan was to make Webber look good and give him something to put on his CV rather than having anything to do with the good of NCFC?

I feel fairly certain that Sorensen and Todd were both held back but will start at Palace. Neither is up to two games in four days.

19 minutes ago, Pugin said:

I feel fairly certain that Sorensen and Todd were both held back but will start at Palace. Neither is up to two games in four days.

After that performance against the gunners, they’re a shore bet to start!