Sign in to follow this  
Mr Tea

Byram

Well we have threads about ex players so I thought I’d start one about a player who still plays for us.

I wrote the poor lad off last year saying to my lad he wouldn’t ever play a game for us again . I see he has done a 45 minute stint for the under 23’s now so do I need to change my mind ?

He was a class act before his injuries but I still can’t see him coming back into the first team . he’s been put just too long..

would love to be proved wrong but ………..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Ignore Buh, he's plainly on something tonight.

Shouldn’t you be starting a thread on Michael Nelson or something?

I really can't see somebody being out so long and then coming back at the same level if I'm honest, if he does remain injury free then kindest thing to do is to loan him out to Peterborough or Sunderland or somebody in January, and just see how he gets on?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I really can't see somebody being out so long and then coming back at the same level if I'm honest, if he does remain injury free then kindest thing to do is to loan him out to Peterborough or Sunderland or somebody in January, and just see how he gets on?

Given he's on 30 grand a week don't think either of them would be happy to pay that much given the risk of playing someone like him

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given he's on 30 grand a week don't think either of them would be happy to pay that much given the risk of playing someone like him

We don't have to ask for £30k a week.

We could ask for £0 a week if we wanted, wouldn't cost us anything over what we're already paying. Blackburn only paid a fraction of Trybull's wages last season.

It could be that the long rehab means they took everything ultra cautiously and made sure everything was perfect before making the next step. Best not get too excited but if he can come back fully fit and confident it would be one hell of a boost for the squad. 

The simple truth is that if he comes back and plays like we have seen him do so before, then he is a genuine PL quality standard player and for that reason I am delighted he is finally on the verge of full first team training.

Keeping fingers crossed he does make a full recovery, will be like signing a new player

Edited by Canary Jedi

15 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Competition for Max would be a good thing as Aarons doesn't get a break.

If Max is injured/suspended/unavailable, we have Mumba waiting in the wings, a big talent too.

I just cannot see Byram standing up to the rigours of the PL having been out for so long. Sorry to say it but he will join the likes of Andy Carroll and Jack Wilshire of being a nearly man following long lay offs.

Edited by TIL 1010

Byram can play either flank so not an impossibility he could get a place on the bench. Let's hope there is a good outcome for the lad, he deserves it. It's a clean slate for all players and Byram could leapfrog Mumba providing he can get fit.

Would be ironic he makes more first team appearances than Sorensen this season.

16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I just cannot see Byram standing up to the rigours of the PL having been out for so long. Sorry to say it but he will join the likes of Andy Carroll and Jack Wilshire of being a nearly man following long lay offs.

Obviously I hope you're wrong on this one TIL. The one thing we do know about Byram is that he has battled back from very serious injuries already in his career - if anybody knows how to it's him. 

28 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I like Mumba but really enjoyed Byram when he kept Max out of the side. Nice selection dilemma.

I don't remember him keeping Aarons out? He played ahead of Lewis for a bit though. 

The club have been ultra cautious and patient with Byram which could pay dividends. We did the same with Matt Jarvis before realising it wasn't going to work. Byram came through the U23's very well, defenders seem to be more able to recover from a long term injury. 

Sam Byram will never be fit enough to play for City again.  It doesn't take 20 months to recover from a hamstring injury, which is what his original injury, pulling up against Liverpool.  Something deeper is the problem, possibly the same injury which curtailed his career at West Ham.  On the bench you only need Gionnaulis, can play at LB if Williams injured aand If Max injured (hardly ever happens Williams can switch.  Rather than concern yourself with yesterdays man be more interested in the progress for Bali Mumba.